Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd really like to hear in a few

I'm gonna guess they were... longer?
Not necessarily. The boards were just wrong. When we left and just got out of ghost town with a 15 min wait the board at the front said 50. The boards were either really slow to update or just wrong.

As for the wait times posted at the houses I either waited that time or less. Never had a wait over posted. Again it seems other pepole had issues so I must have just been lucky.

Several houses we waited 45-55 minutes for express. Entirely too many people using express tonight.
Ding! The number 1 problem with HHN. Express passes are a joke. When I was walking into Ghost Town earlier in the evening the express was WWAAYY longer than the regular. We got into the house long before Express.

Last night was an off night for us to. Tomb of the Ancients was stellar. No problem with that at all. EVERY other house I felt like saying, did the actors show up tonight to scare? There were vacant areas in houses completely. The first i was like it was prob a cast change. By the 4th I was like... where is everyone?

Wait times at HHN are always hit or miss. I usually try to pay close attention to the queue setups the first few days so I can judge for myself and not rely solely on the wait time signs.

This year the boards that show all the wait times on them seem to be particularly off. Several times I've seen some say 5 minutes while the house entrance would say 60 minutes. That's a pretty big discrepancy.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
The biggest issue for express is that they can't control when people show up to the houses. So even if you use express you have to be mindful of the crowd flow to the express people. Since they don't care about lines the average person will work front to back in sequence. Also what ducks for express is that they seem to keep the ratio for merge consistent regardless of express length. Only time I have seen them really favor express was at tent 2 a few years ago when express line back up into the park.

I'm gonna guess they were... longer?

Bingo! It said 5 minutes for Halloween for a while. I got suckered by a 20 minute posting for Krampus that was 50 minutes 5 minutes later when I got to the entrance.

Edit: I get the issue. It's nearly impossible to be accurate with a dynamic allocation of express vs standby. You get a glut of express users, you get long express lines or you get literal "stand" by as the ratio drops to 1% standby.

Last edited:
How were end of the night wait times? Were there a few houses best left for the end of the night with little wait?
We left about 15 minutes before closing after doing Tomb one more time which was a 5 minute wait, walked right in. As we passed by, Halloween was 15 mins, Texas 30 mins. & Krampus 30 mins.

The biggest issue for express is that they can't control when people show up to the houses. So even if you use express you have to be mindful of the crowd flow to the express people. Since they don't care about lines the average person will work front to back in sequence. Also what ducks for express is that they seem to keep the ratio for merge consistent regardless of express length. Only time I have seen them really favor express was at tent 2 a few years ago when express line back up into the park.
I posted this in the review thread, but wanted to post something about it here as well. The biggest issue facing express isn't controlling when people show up to the houses, it's the abuse of the GAC program. This causes way more people in the express lines than there normally should be, especially when the house has a lower wait and the TM just allow them right in with no return times.

See people use express stupidly. If the regular wait is under 30, do that line and save the express for a second run. I hate people who use express with 5 minute waits.

See people use express stupidly. If the regular wait is under 30, do that line and save the express for a second run. I hate people who use express with 5 minute waits.
Don't hate on those people. Be thankful for them. For every person who knows what to do to maximize there has to be that person that does the predictable thing such that we can counter it. If everyone knew the optimal way to do it, it would no longer be optimal.

Don't hate on those people. Be thankful for them. For every person who knows what to do to maximize there has to be that person that does the predictable thing such that we can counter it. If everyone knew the optimal way to do it, it would no longer be optimal.
True true.

Wondering what the metal detector situation is this year ? I had read they were scanning people by the parking garages ?? We will be staying at Hard Rock . . thanks !

Sorry if this has been asked already, but has anyone figured out what all the stay and scream holding areas are and what houses they lead out to?