Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no info, but seems like this is the last hurrah, and they're "giving up" on TWD after this season? I may be wrong.

Let me try to clear this up...

When one has had too much of something (usually physical pain), you can "cry uncle" in the hopes that the person/entity causing it will stop.

Classic Example: In A Christmas Story the schoolyard bully grabs Flick by the arm and twists it behind his back (causing physical pain). The bully tells Flick to say it, to which he starts screaming "Uncle...uncle" in the hopes that the bully will let him go.

Basically, they're saying that TWD has been holding us hostage the last few years, and creative is crying uncle, hoping that it will go away.

Let me try to clear this up...

When one has had too much of something (usually physical pain), you can "cry uncle" in the hopes that the person/entity causing it will stop.

Classic Example: In A Christmas Story the schoolyard bully grabs Flick by the arm and twists it behind his back (causing physical pain). The bully tells Flick to say it, to which he starts screaming "Uncle...uncle" in the hopes that the bully will let him go.

Basically, they're saying that TWD has been holding us hostage the last few years, and creative is crying uncle, hoping that it will go away.

That's awesomely amazing that they used that as the codename. lol

Reactions: JoeCamel
I notice a lot of people saying that last year had a cohesive feel and I am curious what they feel contributed to that? Jack had a house, show, and arguably the Icon scarezone, but the rest was not really tied in at all (as far as I could tell). What, apart from those three things, was cohesive about last year (apart from a throat cutting scene appearing in half the houses)?
It's one of those things that's really kind of hard to explain, it's just the way the event as a whole feels. I think last year being an anniversary year contributed quite a bit. One small example I can think of is they had the 25 logo projected on various buildings, this year they simply have a HHN 26 hashtag. Little details like that seem to be missing. Personally I kind of get the feeling there was a little less love put into the event as a whole, it's completely understandable though as they wanted to honor the events 25th. It's not necessarily a good or bad thing, 2013 was probably the most cohesive event and many would argue that that wasn't good.

Any hope that the wait times will be posted on the app again? That really helped last year, even the wait times are not actually reliable.

I have noticed there is a strange contingent of HHN fans that enjoy houses just because they look cool. Could be completely devoud of scares and effects but still ranks high. I've never understood this. Winter's Night, Nightingales and Ghost Town are the perfect examples.

Yeah it looks great but where to hell is everyone?

I have noticed there is a strange contingent of HHN fans that enjoy houses just because they look cool. Could be completely devoud of scares and effects but still ranks high. I've never understood this. Winter's Night, Nightingales and Ghost Town are the perfect examples.

Atmosphere is what I enjoy most about the houses. I could have gone through Body Collectors last year with zero scareactors and been happy.

It just depends on your perspective. The only reason I go into the houses is to see the sets and interesting effects. I've never found any of the houses to be scary. In fact while I appreciate that other people get scared and that's what they're there for I find the scares to be cheesy and annoying. For me it's all about being immersed in an environment, if I just want someone to stick their hand in front of my face and startle me I don't need to spend the money to go to HHN.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. That's not a good thing. I can't take reviews like that seriously.

Something that always bugs me is when the costumes look kinda lame (Like in walking dead) some costumes is just a little bit of red pain on the mouth... the actor almost looks like a regular guest. I dont even care about scares as long as the actors look awesome or have cool costumes. But when they almost look like regular people, I dont like that lol.
so I guess I am one of those that like a house even if it is not scary. (just as long as they look really cool.) drives me nuts when they dont

Reactions: Joel