Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if they're doing anything to secure the tent facades. Or, for that matter, all of the props that are mostly loose at the TCM exit. The Sprung tents themselves can supposedly withstand hurricane force winds, but I fear that getting the full force of a Cat 4 or even 3 might be too much for them.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I wonder if they're doing anything to secure the tent facades. Or, for that matter, all of the props that are mostly loose at the TCM exit. The Sprung tents themselves can supposedly withstand hurricane force winds, but I fear that getting the full force of a Cat 4 or even 3 might be too much for them.
I believe they can withstand up to a Cat 4, so they should be fine. Central Florida is expected to Cat 2 winds at most. It's the cost that's getting the full force of the storm.

I believe they can withstand up to a Cat 4, so they should be fine. Central Florida is expected to Cat 2 winds at most. It's the cost that's getting the full force of the storm.
Yeah the Sprung tents should be fine so long at the facade doesn't come lose and damage it. The other tent, I'm not sure. It probably also doesn't help that that tent is like 3-4 feet off the ground.

Yeah the Sprung tents should be fine so long at the facade doesn't come lose and damage it. The other tent, I'm not sure. It probably also doesn't help that that tent is like 3-4 feet off the ground.
It is surrouneded by other building though, so maybe they will shield it.

I can see Thursday getting cancelled if it tracks west but it should be though by Friday night. So I would think Friday would only be impacted is if there was serious damage. I'm coming up for friday-Sunday so I hope the storm gets close enough to scare people away but not enough to impact the event besides some rain and light winds.

If power and traffic lights are out, debris and power lines in roads, local authorities are not going to want HHN bringing 10s of thousands of locals onto the streets. Also TMs might be inclined to stay home and assess the damage. At this point Thursday seems a lock to be cancelled; much as it kills them to lose $$, I think Friday will be a wash as well.

If Thursday and/or Friday are cancelled Saturday and Sunday should be very light crowds. Maybe they will consider accepting Thursday and Friday tickets for Saturday and Sunday to compensate for the lighter crowds and those who's plans were thrown off.

If power and traffic lights are out, debris and power lines in roads, local authorities are not going to want HHN bringing 10s of thousands of locals onto the streets. Also TMs might be inclined to stay home and assess the damage. At this point Thursday seems a lock to be cancelled; much as it kills them to lose $$, I think Friday will be a wash as well.

Additionally local authorities might prohibit all traffic not excused or emergency related. I think Friday could happen but definitely NOT Thursday.

Looking at photos from Twitter of the park today everything for HHN is being removed stands and carts, queues, signage and props. I can't imagine why they haven't announced its cancelled yet but it seems it obviously has at this point. That being said if it's not it will be an amazing day to go!

Edit: I'm seeing reports now that it has been cancelled (nothing official, seems like probably staff being told not to come in).

Last edited:
Just saw on twitter that HHN is cancelled and the parks close early today and are closed tomorrow. Normal operations resume Saturday.

I just got this in an email. Good to know for those who are rescheduling their HHN from this weekend.
We plan to resume normal operation across our entire destination as of Saturday morning.
spacer.gif

If you purchased tickets to Halloween Horror Nights 26 for Thursday, October 6, those tickets will be valid for one (1) use on any one (1) of the following event nights:

• Wednesday, October 12, 19, 26

• Thursday, October 27

• Sunday, October 30

• Monday, October 31
spacer.gif

If you purchased tickets to Halloween Horror Nights 26 for Friday, October 7, those tickets will be valid for one (1) use on any one (1) of the following event nights:

• Wednesday, October 12, 19, 26

• Thursday, October 27

• Sunday, October 30

• Monday, October 31

• Friday, October 28

Reactions: Teebin
I find it weird that they aren't offering this Sunday as a make up date because you would think the people impacted would be here this weekend already. Unless they are just erring on the side of caution and will asses the aftermath before potentially offering Sunday.