Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone realized the official HHN twitter has been pretty active these past couple of days responding to people's tweets. I may just be over analyzing them but it sounds like Hellraiser/Chucky references.

Reactions: Joel
Has anyone realized the official HHN twitter has been pretty active these past couple of days responding to people's tweets. I may just be over analyzing them but it sounds like Hellraiser/Chucky references.
Are you referring to the Orlando one? I believe Mike Ailleo said he turned it over completely to the social media team. With that I would expect witty responses and not clues, it's likely the people running that may not even have any information. Now the Hollywood one is still posting the usual codenames and planning progress updates.

Are you referring to the Orlando one? I believe Mike Ailleo said he turned it over completely to the social media team. With that I would expect witty responses and not clues, it's likely the people running that may not even have any information. Now the Hollywood one is still posting the usual codenames and planning progress updates.
And the social media team for Orlando likely has no idea what A&D is discussing for this year. Marketing in general might have some insight for development purposes, but social wouldn't.

Reactions: s8film40
The wife and I are about 3/4 of the way through Channel Zero: Candle Cove, and I have to say...I know it's a bit of a long shot, but I wouldn't hate to see that in the park. I think it might work even as a ScareZone.

And the social media team for Orlando likely has no idea what A&D is discussing for this year. Marketing in general might have some insight for development purposes, but social wouldn't.
I'm not sure how UO's social team is integrated with marketing, but in my experience working at a full service marketing agency in the digital department, most companies (including my own) have their social teams integrated extremely closely to core marketing.

The wife and I are about 3/4 of the way through Channel Zero: Candle Cove, and I have to say...I know it's a bit of a long shot, but I wouldn't hate to see that in the park. I think it might work even as a ScareZone.
It could work as a house. The back half of the season is very house friendly. Season 2 will be even more house friendly.

I really wish Universal would better integrate SyFy into the parks. Candle Cove and Z Nation at HHN should be obvious.
I'm not sure how UO's social team is integrated with marketing, but in my experience working at a full service marketing agency in the digital department, most companies (including my own) have their social teams integrated extremely closely to core marketing.
Yeah, I don't know either. A lot of times the social media for them feels like an intern project. They may know, but it's also been obvious that they aren't (or haven't been) cognizant of the fans that clamor for clues.

Reactions: DannyPowers
The IP line up is gonna be interesting this year. I think this will be the first year in awhile we don't see TWD or have the classic 4 slasher icons involved in any capacity. Just speculating but I think it's gonna be a rebuilding year with a whole new concept and face to the event. We won't see Jack until another anniversary.

Reactions: Joel and traveller
Yeah... this is an odd year. I'm cautious to think an icon is happening. If there is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something more akin to Fear or Luck (but not a monster); an undeveloped face. I think AHS and Amityville are the closest shoe-ins we got. The Mummy reboot has a shot in the same vein of Dracula Untold. In reality, a television-based season would probably be a great year. There's enough quality right now. More importantly, the rights for the best ones are easily obtainable based on recent history.

AHS (Rights already coordinated)
Channel Zero (SyFy/Internal to Comcast)
Scream Queens (Ryan Murphy)
Ash vs Evil Dead (Likely the hardest, but there's precedent)
The Exorcist (Precedent - On Fox so ties to Murphy)

Throw in a TWD wildcard and you have a strong, TV only line-up. With Amityville and Mummy as the only relevant wide releases, nothing is super huge to hang a hat on aside from the TV shows.

If that happened, then they could market it similar to 2004. A patient being tortured with television a la Clockwork Orange and Robot Chicken.

Yeah... this is an odd year. I'm cautious to think an icon is happening. If there is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something more akin to Fear or Luck (but not a monster); an undeveloped face. I think AHS and Amityville are the closest shoe-ins we got. The Mummy reboot has a shot in the same vein of Dracula Untold. In reality, a television-based season would probably be a great year. There's enough quality right now. More importantly, the rights for the best ones are easily obtainable based on recent history.

Throw in a TWD wildcard and you have a strong, TV only line-up. With Amityville and Mummy as the only relevant wide releases, nothing is super huge to hang a hat on aside from the TV shows.

If that happened, then they could market it similar to 2004. A patient being tortured with television a la Clockwork Orange and Robot Chicken.
I'll believe Amityville releases when it happens :lol: The movie has been delayed so many times to the point where it's comical.

As unlikely as it would be to happen, HR Bloodengutz could totally be the icon to this type of event (or another movie centric event) as he can encompass films and television with equal ease.

When you say, TWD wildcard do you mean it possibly returning or something more akin to Z-Nation?

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
As unlikely as it would be to happen, HR Bloodengutz could totally be the icon to this type of event (or another movie centric event) as he can encompass films and television with equal ease.

When you say, TWD wildcard do you mean it possibly returning or something more akin to Z-Nation?
I mean it possibly returning. A&D is tired of it, sure. But if Marketing and management aren't then who knows. The fact that it will still be at Hollywood (in some capacity) keeps it very much in play.

"I'm cautious to think an icon is happening. If there is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something more akin to Fear or Luck (but not a monster); an undeveloped face...

...If that happened, then they could market it similar to 2004. A patient being tortured with television a la Clockwork Orange and Robot Chicken."

Mention of this got me thinking about the facade of Chance's house last year.

In the newspaper articles posted, they mentioned Ultra Violent Comics being pulled from the shelf of the Carey Book Emporium. The last line even mentions someone's son "having extreme seizures after..."

With the rise in popularity of comic related media the last few years, could we see a comic themed year ushered in by a writer icon? Perhaps he/she is upset about their books being pulled from shelves?

BTW...The other side of the facade had an article referencing conspiracy theorist Thaddeu Hampton, who is also a writer talking about the Carey Book Emporium.

Could just be some easter eggs...could be something more.

As far as the non confidential portion of the survey they are trying to gauge interest in the Repository returning. As for the other part I didn't find it too interesting, other than it essentially confirming one thing I suspected.

As far as the non confidential portion of the survey they are trying to gauge interest in the Repository returning. As for the other part I didn't find it too interesting, other than it essentially confirming one thing I suspected.

Reminder everyone, do not share anything confidential from the survey. Posts will be deleted. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Well, I found it interesting, has helped the planning of my trip:shades: sounds like they're definitely pushing for another repository type thing as you said, didn't bother with it last year as reviews seemed quite negative but will see how reviews for this year's version goes!

Well, I found it interesting, has helped the planning of my trip:shades: sounds like they're definitely pushing for another repository type thing as you said, didn't bother with it last year as reviews seemed quite negative but will see how reviews for this year's version goes!

Personally I wouldn't plan a vacation around any dates from a survey.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Joel
If they took out the VR portion and extended the regular portion I think it would be great. I really enjoyed it though and will very likely do it again. I think it's in a tough spot as although its priced fairly for what's put into it, it can seem expensive for what you get.

Reactions: carah