Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally I wouldn't plan a vacation around any dates from a survey.

Oh god I know, have been going the past 6 years and always go roughly the same dates but have friends going over a specific date that we would just miss if we go our usual dates and had already begrudgingly decided to change our dates to coincide with theirs, but it now looks like it might work out nicely for us :clap:

Reactions: JoeCamel
I think Conjuring house is going to happen. With the Annabelle sequel coming thisyear and the recent success of Conjuring 2 I could see Demon nun wrecking havoc in a house that focuses on scenes from all 4 movies similar to how they executed insidious

They also mentioned HHN 27 in the blog this morning. They basically said they have no new info to give. I guess at least it was nice for them to say essentially we haven't forgotten about those waiting to hear more.

After seeing Split today, I definitely think it's getting a house this year. The movie is performing massively at the box office so far and will be a gigantic success for Universal.

Reactions: Mad Dog
After seeing Split today, I definitely think it's getting a house this year. The movie is performing massively at the box office so far and will be a gigantic success for Universal.

...how would you execute the house? There aren't enough characters. There aren't really ANY characters other than McAvoy, and they can't populate a house with look-a-likes of the same actor.

Even then, not a whole lot of environments. The central bunker, the camp site, and... what, exactly?

I saw the film while I was doing work for Blumhouse - sounds like they reshot the epilogue, which is really interesting. Cool little twist, bizarre and risky movie, really happy it's turning out well financially.

Next up: GET OUT.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
...how would you execute the house? There aren't enough characters. There aren't really ANY characters other than McAvoy, and they can't populate a house with look-a-likes of the same actor.

Even then, not a whole lot of environments. The central bunker, the camp site, and... what, exactly?

I saw the film while I was doing work for Blumhouse - sounds like they reshot the epilogue, which is really interesting. Cool little twist, bizarre and risky movie, really happy it's turning out well financially.

Wasn't The Excorist basically a bunch of look-a-likes? I think they could do it. It just wouldn't be easy.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life

Wasn't The Excorist basically a bunch of look-a-likes? I think they could do it. It just wouldn't be easy.
Exactly. I'd say there's enough you can do with a house, and it could lead to some very tight spaces (DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN SPLIT!):

Scene 1: The main room Dennis
Scene 2: The locker room with Dennis
Scene 3: The kitchen with Patricia
Scene 4: Hedwig's Room
Scene 5: The computer room with Jade or Barry
Scene 6: Transition to the Train with the Beast transformation
Scene 7: Living Room with the Beast killing Dr Fletcher
Scene 8: One of the closets where the Beast mauls Claire and Marcia
Scene 9: The long hallway with Casey and the Beast overhead
Scene 10: The final confrontation between Casey and the Beast
Scene 11: The Horde's new hideout
Scene 12: The cafe? ;)

No

Fallow, I heard M. Night didn't have the epilogue at test screenings because of how much he didn't want the twist to be leaked.

I just saw split and I don't really think it would lend itself very well to a horror nights house, although... (dont open unless you have seen the movie)

It would bee pretty cool to see the two girls being gnawed on:ack:

Reactions: Mad Dog
2nd Hollywood maze codename has been announced as "Charles".

I'm thinking a possible Annabelle/Conjuring connection.

IIRC, the murders that caused the Annabelle doll to get possessed were loosely based off of Charles Mason and his followers.

How many nights are we looking at this year if the leaked sept 15th to nov 5th dates are true since it was posted by screamscape?

Looks like 34 by my count. That's assuming they'll be open on Halloween (duh), Wednesdays start the second week in October, and they don't add in any new days (Mondays or Tuesdays) this year.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wonder if that last weekend is going to be the best time to go crowd wise or if crowds will spread out a little bit.

I wonder if that last weekend is going to be the best time to go crowd wise or if crowds will spread out a little bit.

If last year is any indication, it will probably be pretty dead. Keep in mind though, the staff will probably be bare bones as well. So, you might not get 100% indication of what they have to offer.

Reactions: SeventyOne
If last year is any indication, it will probably be pretty dead. Keep in mind though, the staff will probably be bare bones as well. So, you might not get 100% indication of what they have to offer.

The staffing was only "bare bones" due to not everyone being able to stay on for those 2 added nights. I'm sure everyone will have those dates included this year.