Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Legacy

Veteran Member
Jul 27, 2015
I could see HHN not wanting to touch AHS S7 with a ten foot pole, not to mention ratings are down significantly for it.
They may not have much of a choice. It's entirely likely the contract is for houses through X seasons. It would end up costing more to cancel a contract midway through just because. Besides, I think Cult could end up working fairly well as a regular sized house. It's getting a "home-invasion/slasher" vibe the longer the season goes on that I dig in a haunt. I'm pretty indifferent to the story so far. More curious than anything at this point.

Universal should have gone with Channel Zero. It's a far better show. Candle Cove was phenomenal. No End House is going to be amazing.

Reactions: DannyPowers

JungleSkip

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
They may not have much of a choice. It's entirely likely the contract is for houses through X seasons. It would end up costing more to cancel a contract midway through just because. Besides, I think Cult could end up working fairly well as a regular sized house. It's getting a "home-invasion/slasher" vibe the longer the season goes on that I dig in a haunt. I'm pretty indifferent to the story so far. More curious than anything at this point.
I could live with a normal house for AHS next year

Universal should have gone with Channel Zero. It's a far better show. Candle Cove was phenomenal. No End House is going to be amazing.
I was beating that drum for Candle Cove last year. Shame it didn't happen. Would have been freaky as hell

Reactions: MattA

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
I had an idea for one "Tour of Carey, OH" featuring different locations we've seen set in the town, but it'd draw like a wet turd since it's deep in the "lore" weeds.
I've thought of this as well. They've built up such a deep lore with using Carey, OH... doing a mashup of different things they've done using that location could be really cool. It could also fall completely flat though (sounds better on paper than would play out to be).