Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's a list of the Blumhouse productions that were distributed by Universal. The bold ones are probably the most likely.

Purge (Series)
Not Safe for Work
Mockingbird

Mercy
Ouija (Series)
The Boy Next Door
Unfriended
The Visit
The Green Inferno
Visions
Curve
The Veil
The Darkness
Incarnate
Split
Get Out

Just (Literally) heard from a Source and Sinister *might* make a Appearance in the Blumhouse Maze. Wouldn't also be surprised if Green Inferno made a Appearance.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I don't mean to sound rude, and I know what people find scary is subjective.. but I just don't get the hype behind having Split or Get Out in haunted house form. Both are fantastic films, but neither really have the elements that make for a house. They're both more suspense/ or thriller.

I don't mean to sound rude, and I know what people find scary is subjective.. but I just don't get the hype behind having Split or Get Out in haunted house form. Both are fantastic films, but neither really have the elements that make for a house. They're both more suspense/ or thriller.
I'm with you. If Get Out appears in this context, it'll be a main guy in the chair (likely with you walking between him and the TV) with brother having a boo door above the TV. Every so often a flash effect goes off and the main character lunges from the chair and yells, "Get out!" That's the scene.

I'm with you. If Get Out appears in this context, it'll be a main guy in the chair (likely with you walking between him and the TV) with brother having a boo door above the TV. Every so often a flash effect goes off and the main character lunges from the chair and yells, "Get out!" That's the scene.
That or the operating room are literally the only parts they could use and both really minimize the intent behind the movie.

Reactions: Legacy
The could use the opening scene where the guy is kidnapped and the dude is wearing that freaky mask and that weird old music.

Reactions: HHNManics
Here's a list of the Blumhouse productions that were distributed by Universal. The bold ones are probably the most likely.

Purge (Series)
Not Safe for Work
Mockingbird

Mercy
Ouija (Series)
The Boy Next Door
Unfriended
The Visit
The Green Inferno
Visions
Curve
The Veil
The Darkness
Incarnate
Split
Get Out

One way, I can actually see Blumhouse work, is if they do it; not in the typical best of way seen from AHS, TWD and even M&M.

They could play it off into a four act structure. Start (or end, depending if @HHNManiacs turns out right) with either The Purge or Sinister, then bring in Ouija as the second act and the third act being Get Out.

I can't see Get Out have as much time in the maze, as there isn't much to work with, outside of two scenes mentioned before; and that it makes sense.

Now, that's considering if Sinister happens. I cant, for the life of me; see anything Unbreakable/MNS related into the house.

Reactions: HHNManics
Well, Get Out, not so much. But Split has lots of potential. We can be chased by the Beast, or go into room by room of personalities, or perhaps a room of all the personalities as a sort of "entering the mind of" type take. Another idea would be the same maintenance room over and over, but each lap is a new personality.

I thought I would also go into the Highest Grossing Blumhouse Films and I will do a top 15 of their highest grossing films and their World Wide. (If there is a (×) that means it was produced by both Blumhouse and Universal).

Highest Grossing:
1. Get Out = $175, 292, 780 Million (×)
2. Split = $138, 141, 585 Million (×)
3. Paranormal Activity = $107, 918, 810 Million
4. Paranormal Activity 3 = $104, 028, 807 Million
5. Paranormal Activity 2 = $84, 752, 907 Million
6. Insidous Chapter 2 = $83, 586, 447 Million
7. The Purge: Election Year = $79, 213, 375 Million (×)
8. The Purge: Anarchy = $71, 962, 800 Million (×)
9. The Visit = $65, 206, 105 Million (×)
10. The Purge = $64, 473, 115 Million (×)
11. Insidious = $54, 009, 150 Million
12. Paranormal Activity 4 = $53, 900, 335 Million
13. Insidous Chapter 3 = $52, 218, 558 Million
14. Ouija = $50, 856, 010 Million (×)
15. Sinister = $48, 086, 903 Million

Worldwide:
1. Split = $276.9 Million (×)
2. Get Out = $241.6 Million (×)
3. Paranormal Activity 3 = $207.0 Million
4. Paranormal Activity = $193.4 Million
5. Paranormal Activity 2 = $177.5 Million
6. Insidous Chapter 2 = $161.9 Million
7. Paranormal Activity 4 = $142.8 Million
8. The Purge: Election Year = $118.6 Million (×)
9. Insidious Chapter 3 = $113.0 Million
10. The Purge: Anarchy = $111.9 Million (×)
11. Ouija = $103.6 Million (×)
12. The Visit = $98.5 Million (×)
13. Insidous = $97.0 Million
14. Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension = $90.9 Million
15. The Purge = $89.3 Million (×)

But let's reconsider the ones I have heard from my Sources have been Purge, Get Out, and Sinister. Which Sinister is NOT produced by both Blumhouse and Universal. But let's add some up and do math.

Purge Series = $319, 844, 872 Million (×)
Ouija (1 and 2) = $185, 296, 017 Million (×)
Get Out = $241.6 Million (×)
Split = $276.9 Million (×)
Sinister (1 and 2) = $130, 594, 457 Million
The Visit = $98, 450, 062 Million

And Finally
Paranormal Activity Series = $890, 533, 646 Million

Now that was just doing a ton of math. So without a doubt Purge is basically dead confirmed.

Get Out has content through deleted scenes and the film. It has been one of the Highest Grossing Blumhouse Films and it was also rumored by my Sources. It will probably not have a long part in the Maze, matter of fact I expect at 30 seconds or 6 scenes dedicated to Get Out.

Split has made the most money via worldwide so it's dead obvious. I actually quite like Split and it has content to use. You can go through and face some of the different personalities that were in the film and face the beast near the end. It actually opens the doors for possible M. Night Shyamalan Mazes in the future (Love or hate it).

That also makes sense to bring The Visit which faced positive reviews and had received a good amount of money worldwide. It is promotionally Good to use. It has content to use as it has the Grandparents which could make for a Couple of Scenes in the Maze.

The Ouija films have both almost together passed $200 Million which is impressive. I assume it will be very similar in the vains of Insidous. It has content has well but I'm guessing they would want to do Origin of Evil first and then do the first film.

Sinister is rumored by my Source and I have a strong feeling it will be coming despite it not being a Universal Produced film. It has made a Great Amount of Money. Which I assume would use Scenes from the first film. I do think it has scenes to use such as the Kill Scenes, Bagul Scenes, and even the Children Scene to a certain extent.

Then the Paranormal Activity Series which has made Blumhouse more money than anything. Which if the Visit or PA Series were to be used this Year it would be interesting as we would finally be entering the realms of Found Footage which is scary in how it's executed. But PA Series has some content that can be used (Surprisely). Even if it's not produced by Universal I think there is a good chance that it will be used. So...

The Purge (×, Rumored)
Get Out (×, Rumored)
Sinister (Rumored)
Split (×, Possibility)
The Visit (×, Possibility)
Ouija Series (×, Possibility)
PA Series (Possibility)

Forgive me for my long post. I will be getting more info tommorow.

HHNManiacs, do you ever worry you are going to get your source fired?
*Manics
Umm.... Well I kinda have gone really deep into details of both Hollywood's and Orlando's Lineup. And I have multiple sources and I have never once said their names. So I'm not really concerned too much.

*Manics
Umm.... Well I kinda have gone really deep into details of both Hollywood's and Orlando's Lineup. And I have multiple sources and I have never once said their names. So I'm not really concerned too much.
Sorry for the typo on your name. I was just thinking about how the potential Blumhouse properties could be a perfect way for Universal to test where the leaks are coming from. They offer up a certain few people some bad info on a property that may or may not be used and then just follow the trail. Just a thought.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Unnamed sources were fired last year.

Trust me, I've seen how severe Universal will take leaks when they're inefficiently protected.
This sort of thing has always fallen into the not worth it category for me. The reality is a real rumor and speculation are essentially the exact same thing anyway. It's always tempting to be the person to get to say I know something you don't I guess. I think that's why riddles are so popular, because once the secret is known the excitement is over.

This sort of thing has always fallen into the not worth it category for me. The reality is a real rumor and speculation are essentially the exact same thing anyway. It's always tempting to be the person to get to say I know something you don't I guess. I think that's why riddles are so popular, because once the secret is known the excitement is over.
That concern plays a lot into how I play this game. I always wait at least three days (many times longer) after I get information before I imply I even know anything publicly. That does a couple of things. First, it allows someone else to break information. Second, it creates distance. I won't turn around immediately after I get something because it becomes REAL easy to connect dots.

The more specific my info, the longer I wait. Some information I don't share at all. And some info I share may be false. It all just depends on how I need to protect.

Case in point - all the house code names are available, but they won't be discussed publicly. Why? About three years ago several people were fired for disclosing them.

Last edited: