Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe if everyone in the zone were cat people? Would that work?

bUj_4D8qc4wy-X9xOviq4CDe6L8=.gif
Well, that certainly would be... different.

I am excited for the Purge SZ. 25 was my first HHN so I am not tired of it yet as others might be. It seems like a perfect concept for a SZ.

Being completely fresh to HHN at the time I actually enjoyed the house in 2015. Though looking back and knowing about the Scream situation, much of it seems forced...the repurposed Drew Barrymore maniquin for example.

If I went through the same house again today it may be disappointing, but it was all pretty awesome that first time. If it does end up in the Blumhouse, hopefully it won't feel forced or reused.

to anyone scared that purge is gonna be in the house, remember this purge will have NEW sets not ones that was supposed to be for something else

Reactions: EllTee
Why is nobody excited for The Purge scarezone.
Probably because it was already done & no matter how they spin it, it will be more of the same. And honestly, it probably will not have the amped up energy that you'd get at Hollywood's event when it came to this scarezone. Scareactors make or break a house/scarezone. Part of the problem with bringing something back is that you may or may not be able to capture that same magic due to not having the same cast of scareactors that made the original experience as magical.

Also... bringing back The Purge when there isn't even a new movie (which would be next year) just comes across as lazy. They could've easily created something original instead or chosen a different IP (or created an original that is loosely based off an IP)

Last edited:
Why am I not excited for The Purge? Honest opinion? The scare zone from 24 was ok, I guess. It wouldn't rank anywhere near my top HHN zones, though. The house from 25 is easily one of my least favorite houses of all time. And yes, I am aware that it was a last minute haphazard switch - it was really poor regardless. And to top it off, it's coming back both in the streets AND in a house this year. No pun intended, but it's really overkill at this point. I'd much prefer something different.
I have only been going to HHN since 24 so maybe I am just used to it. But I hear everyone with the same opinion as you.

Why is nobody excited for The Purge scarezone. I saw it at 24 still my all time favorite scarezone. The house was not very good but had a couple good scares.

I am! I dig The Purge movies though. I also enjoyed the house at 25 - got a few scares, was beside the queue mole and I enjoyed spotting the remnants of Scream left behind. The Purge theme is pretty fluid, in terms of what they can do with it so looking forward to seeing the proposed Universal slant this year. I think people would be a bit more receptive if it wasn't always used as stand in or substitute for other properties that fall through.

Reactions: Thiago and Stairyo
I am! I dig The Purge movies though. I also enjoyed the house at 25 - got a few scares, was beside the queue mole and I enjoyed spotting the remnants of Scream left behind. The Purge theme is pretty fluid, in terms of what they can do with it so looking forward to seeing the proposed Universal slant this year. I think people would be a bit more receptive if it wasn't always used as stand in or substitute for other properties that fall through.

I'm excited as well. The zone in 24 was pretty good, and had the auction mini-show.

It sounds like this one is going to be a combination of 24 and Psychoscarapy from 25, which is one of my favorites of all time.

All kidding aside, I DO expect them to ride the line a little more than usual. Even if some people get offended and complain, what's the worst they can do? Not bring the show back next year?

Cancel it mid-way through the season, like happened in L.A.

I'm just the opposite, I fear they'll be walking on eggshells and rely on cheap nostalgia pops over anything cutting.

Chained to the Rhythm by Katy Perry; earworm of a pop tune from earlier this year. I am assuming it is rehearsal for a half-naked dance number.
I just went to watch the music video and realized this was the one that was filmed at Universal, so that seems really fitting. Those should also make for some interesting futuristic costumes for the show.