Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

That's where we disagree. I don't see guests buying a T-shirt or shot glass every time they come. I think guest spending will be similar at 3 nights v. 15.

Alcohol used to be the great exception that disproved that assumption. But as they phase out booze, makes the argument that an AP spends more in 20 nights than 3 harder to believe.
And when parents drop off the kids, they aint spending a bunch of money.
My one night cost me and my friend over $500, how many nights does it take to reach that amount for FFP spending?

My one night cost me and my friend over $500, how many nights does it take to reach that amount for FFP spending?

It's not all about equaling out the revenue between multi-night and single-night people.

Keep in mind that they have a base staff that they have to work with just to get the doors open. The single-nighters are there to pay for that staff plus profit. They've done the math, and they know that the crowds will be big enough that night, or else it probably wouldn't be open.

The multi-nighers are there to increase that profit margin even more. They've already paid to "keep the lights on" with the single-nighters, so let's add on some more parking fees, food/merch sales, etc.

Not everyone that goes once spends 500 bucks, specially locals.
No way thats the average spending for a one night visit. No way in hell.
There’s a lot of locals who do one night, pre-game, show up at 8pm leave at 12 and never spend anything. It goes both ways spending isn’t really directly tied to how many nights you go. The length of visit for the night really is irrelevant also. I’ve shown up at 6 had dinner at Toothsome watched one B&T show and left, and I’ve also spent an entire evening and not spent anything.

There’s a lot of locals who do one night, pre-game, show up at 8pm leave at 12 and never spend anything. It goes both ways spending isn’t really directly tied to how many nights you go. The length of visit for the night really is irrelevant also. I’ve shown up at 6 had dinner at Toothsome watched one B&T show and left, and I’ve also spent an entire evening and not spent anything.

Yep , and there is only so much merch you can, or want to, buy at those over inflated prices.
And also figure if you are there from open til close your going to eat something after all that walking and amount of time in the park.

Don’t know why but I’ve been wondering about this lately; if The Conjuring had come to HHN27 how different would things have been? I imagine it and Scarecrow would duked it out for HoTY but aside from that I really can’t think of what else might have been different from what happened. Would we have gotten IT in 28?

Don’t know why but I’ve been wondering about this lately; if The Conjuring had come to HHN27 how different would things have been? I imagine it and Scarecrow would duked it out for HoTY but aside from that I really can’t think of what else might have been different from what happened. Would we have gotten IT in 28?
In the grand scheme of things, nothing really would have changed. Scarecrow was always a designer favorite and was always winning HotY. And it wouldn't have impacted IT because the Conjuring lawsuit was a separate issue from WB establishing its own event.

In the grand scheme of things, nothing really would have changed. Scarecrow was always a designer favorite and was always winning HotY. And it wouldn't have impacted IT because the Conjuring lawsuit was a separate issue from WB establishing its own event.

So are the designer favorites usually pegged as HoTY pretty early on?

Obviously a cast having to work extra hours impacts that, given that the winning cast gets a pizza party.
Stranger Things was the first time there was a sizeable difference in the amount of time worked between houses, because they actually worked extra days.

But yeah, the accolades are essentially decided by the second weekend.