Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@horrornights789
Cosmic doom. Sounds fitting for the 80s theme lmao

So since CD is the possible initials of the house I’m hoping it’ll be something corny like “Cosmic Doom” or “Cosmic Destruction”.

Also, Horrors of Blumhouse 2 is starting to be really speculated in HW so hopefully Happy Death Day would be the emphasis of that if the maze carries over here

My idea exactly.

Reactions: horrornights789
Maybe I have just missed it on here, but has anyone ever said why it doesn’t look like AHS is coming back this year? It’s kind of odd to see that property just get dropped after two very successful years in terms of popularity and quality IMO. I’m not saying I expected a Cult house, but considering the popularity of the IP, I thought maybe we would be getting a single season expanded or something. Two years seems kind of short to me.

Reactions: Sledge
Maybe I have just missed it on here, but has anyone ever said why it doesn’t look like AHS is coming back this year? It’s kind of odd to see that property just get dropped after two very successful years in terms of popularity and quality IMO. I’m not saying I expected a Cult house, but considering the popularity of the IP, I thought maybe we would be getting a single season expanded or something. Two years seems kind of short to me.
It'll probably come back when there are three more untapped seasons available to use in a 3rd megahouse.

Although if Disney acquires Fox, and by extension FX, and by extension AHS, then I could see it not returning until licensing rights get shifted around.

Reactions: dxwwf3
Personally, I think it has to do with a few factors.
1) Politics is best left out of big events like HHN. The cult in the show had very controversial and extremist views. I think the main reason we’re not seeing Cult is because they’re staying on the safe side. And they’ve already done the other seasons multiple times so doing another mashup/any other season would be TWD all over again. I think they learned their lesson.

2) Stranger Things. This IP is going to be HUGE for HHN. I’m betting record breaking attendance. Not having an AHS house this year is not going to affect attendance at all.

3) Ratings. Cult was, statistically, the least popular season.

Also Ryan Murphy announced the long awaited crossover season (Murder House and Coven) which will be premiering this September, so depending on how well that season does, I think there’s a good chance we’ll see that at HHN next year.

PsychoScarepy was my favorite Zone that year--top of all time--and I was a fan of Vamp. Similarly, Home for the Holidays and HR Bloodengutz are solidly in my top 10 of all time. I'm not opposed to dark comedy at HHN at all (tho I know a lot of fans are). And it could just be luck in getting the IPs this year. But it sure looks like a coordinated effort to make the Zones funny-scary as opposed to outright terrifying.

Ask long time fans to identify their scariest--as opposed to favorite--houses of all time. I don't think you're going to see comedy houses make that list.

My take is what @JungleSkip says, scare zones aren’t that terrifying. They can’t be. I think the properties play into the strengths of scare zones.

@Legacy is it possible HHNO got tired of losing rights to IPs late in the season and that’s why it’s more of an original heavy year?
From my understanding, it's a multitude of factors. While rights complications have been a headache, some of those issues we're self-inflicted. The biggest factors on this year's line-up (as I know them) are: 1) the consistent success of originals over the last couple years, and 2) last year's marketing being so ineffective management relooked at the A&D/Marketing relationship.

From my understanding, it's a multitude of factors. While rights complications have been a headache, some of those issues we're self-inflicted. The biggest factors on this year's line-up (as I know them) are: 1) the consistent success of originals over the last couple years, and 2) last year's marketing being so ineffective management relooked at the A&D/Marketing relationship.

I mean, we still have 5 IPs, so it’s nice to know they’ve achieved an equilibrium.