Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 270 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh, and on the subject of J.K. Simmons, don't forget his horrific white supremacist monster character Vern Schillinger from Oz.

Now I want a Just Kidding Simmons house.

I love that scary man.

Reactions: jerrmajesty
Excellent job on the scaring; from what I saw KeyFace was consistently one of the most intense. Are you gonna audition this year?

All this talk about Blumhouse has me pretty excited for Volume 2

Thanks. I was cast this year, but had some conflicts over the rehearsal schedule and ended up rescinding the offer.

Okay here's a question,
Are we gonna hear Synthwave playing around the park? (The same kind of music that THE HIVE queue line had?) that kind of John Carpenter style of music?

Because if thats the case this is gonna be the greatest year of all time....

That song is called “Windy Death” and it is by John Carptenter. It’s from his album called Lost Themes II - his second album of unused instrumental theme songs.

I know Legacy said no Purge but after seeing The First Purge I have to say it will be a great IP to make a SZ, plus all SZ are announced.

Last edited:
was it just one song?

Such an awesome song and definitely an excellent selection for that house and que. Spotify has Carpenter’s stuff.

I would also recommend “Night” from Lost Themes which was playing in the que. Not as memorable but still an excellent composition.

Reactions: DanB89
So are they still gonna reveal most of the originals at once this year like previous years or keep up the one by one announcements?

I hope they keep up with the one by one announcements. Right now we only know of 4 houses. My hope is that we get a house announcement every week for the next 6 weeks. That would put us at just under 1 month left before opening night which is typically when they have everything announced. I also hope that once we are one month out and we have all the originals announced that they really ramp up the "backstory" stuff like they did on Twitter for Dead Exposure. Would keep people talking about the event and build the hype for the originals even more!

Well who knows in future years. I know it says staff but still HHN team might see the movie and decide to bring it. Who knows?
Unless the IP is a personal favorite or contractually directed, Orlando A&D tries to avoid bringing stuff back too frequently. They initially pitched Stranger Things as including seasons 1&2 because their preference is to do it once (Marketing/Management split it so season 2 could come next year). Purge, as an IP, is pretty one note and not really a "must-get." Also, Universal Orlando is more cognizant of gun-violence/mass-killings than most.
So are they still gonna reveal most of the originals at once this year like previous years or keep up the one by one announcements?

I hope they keep up with the one by one announcements. Right now we only know of 4 houses. My hope is that we get a house announcement every week for the next 6 weeks. That would put us at just under 1 month left before opening night which is typically when they have everything announced. I also hope that once we are one month out and we have all the originals announced that they really ramp up the "backstory" stuff like they did on Twitter for Dead Exposure. Would keep people talking about the event and build the hype for the originals even more!
We're in an announcement "drought" for the next couple weeks (unless they sneak one in next week) then back to a regular schedule. But IPs will remain the priority.