Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 269 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
GP loved Blumhouse last year. Consistently praised as the best IP house of 2017. They won’t be able to replicate that in 2018.

Actually? I agree with that but all the vlogs I saw of 27 said Blumhouse was “meh”. Definitely a cast driven house so I’m hoping this(HoB 2) won’t be a Havoc Derailed

This is my first year wading into the speculation waters and last year I was GP. I very much disliked Blumhouse of Horrors. All my least favorite Blumhouse franchises crammed into what should have just been an Insidious house? No thank you.

Reactions: SeanPhilly
I came away shocked at how much I enjoyed Blumhouse last year. Each time I went through it, I expected the house to crash back to Earth. My expectations were blown out of the water. I really enjoyed the aggressive scare tactics used by the actors in the tight hallways. The finale rooms were my favorite. IMO, this was definitely a case of the cast making the absolute best of what they were given.

I came away shocked at how much I enjoyed Blumhouse last year. Each time I went through it, I expected the house to crash back to Earth. My expectations were blown out of the water. I really enjoyed the aggressive scare tactics used by the actors in the tight hallways. The finale rooms were my favorite. IMO, this was definitely a case of the cast making the absolute best of what they were given.

Hopefully they employ that into Volume 2 too since the narrow hallways, intense cast, and scares everywhere were what made Blumhouse so good. HDD has a ton of potential though

Reactions: SeventyOne

Quoting because I agree.

Blumhouse was an IU Crew favorite.

This is my first year wading into the speculation waters and last year I was GP. I very much disliked Blumhouse of Horrors. All my least favorite Blumhouse franchises crammed into what should have just been an Insidious house? No thank you.

Just wondering what blumhouse movies do you like? I mean those are my favorite blumhouse horror movies. The rest are kind of low budgeted and not great IMO. The only other blumhouse movie I like besides insidious oujia and sinister (even though oujia became purge which I didn’t mind).

Just wondering what blumhouse movies do you like? I mean those are my favorite blumhouse horror movies. The rest are kind of low budgeted and not great IMO. The only other blumhouse movie I like besides insidious oujia and sinister (even though oujia became purge which I didn’t mind).
Get Out, Split, Whiplash, Happy Death Day, The Visit, and The Gift were great. I can watch their other stuff, but none of it has been memorable to me.

The Lipstick-face demon will only ever look like white trash Darth Maul to me. It's never scary. Just ridiculous.

Last edited:

I was the first and last scare in the final room and enjoyed the hell out of that spot. The last room was designed to have four scare actors with six possible scares. Wouldn’t mind them bringing that design back for Vol 2.

Creep, Creep 2, Get Out, Hush (kinda), Split.

My opinion on HoB was that the cast gave it their all, but the House was weakened by the over-reliance on Insidious 4, which the guests knew very little about at that point. Also, the theming in some of the Insidious rooms felt pretty weak.

Last edited:

Sinister 1(2 was awful), Ouija: Origin of Evil, Happy Death Day, Insidious 1-4, Creep 1&2, Get Out, & Split. They make pretty good movies(although Unfriended and The Gallows do exist) but I prefer the New Line horror movies but they’re both really good

Edit - @JawsVictim were you the Baghuul in the finale?? All the actors in that room were intense but I remember Baghuul being the first one you see

I really enjoyed Whiplash.
40e4856490e38064606f618d10879cfe.gif

Wouldn't it be amazing if the new blumhouse SPAWN movie was really dark and scary and then HHN made a SPAWN house eventually?
wow, that would be one the most interesting and unexpected things to ever happen at HHN.... can you imagine a spawn house? with the violator and with spawn costumes and stuff..... omg!

I just want to clarify that I wasn't into the Blumhouse.. house because the films used don't particularly affect me. I did the house tour and was still impressed by the art direction, design and the actors in the house. No offense meant to the talent or creative. Also, I only did it once since I wasn't thrilled with it. The only house I fully didn't enjoy on any level was Saw, but again, the actors were at least good.

Sinister 1(2 was awful), Ouija: Origin of Evil, Happy Death Day, Insidious 1-4, Creep 1&2, Get Out, & Split. They make pretty good movies(although Unfriended and The Gallows do exist) but I prefer the New Line horror movies but they’re both really good

Edit - @JawsVictim were you the Baghuul in the finale?? All the actors in that room were intense but I remember Baghuul being the first one you see

Baghuul was the second scareactor in the room. I was the Key Demon you would face head on coming from the electrocution scene and/or rounding the left turn out of the house.

Baghuul was the second scareactor in the room. I was the Key Demon you would face head on coming from the electrocution scene and/or rounding the left turn out of the house.

Excellent job on the scaring; from what I saw KeyFace was consistently one of the most intense. Are you gonna audition this year?

All this talk about Blumhouse has me pretty excited for Volume 2