Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 298 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IMO Warner Bros Horror Made Here is more of an issue for Hollywood since it’s all IP, plus Orlando can probably just do an original heavily inspired by some of the WB properties(a Legendary Truth sequel that’s reminiscent of Conjuring 1 wouldn’t be bad tbh)

So with the codenames left, is this what everyone’s currently thinking?:

- Feature = Halloween 4
- Surprise = Horrors of Blumhouse 2 featuring Happy Death Day, potentially others
- Meteor = House inspired by Annhilation & The Thing, plant human hybrids with single light source
- Poison = ?(Spec map says Wizard of Oz original)
- Coach = Poltergeist(not confirmed by HHN, but confirmed by Legacy to go in SS25)

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Same goes for me. It is my first time for HHN but not for Universal and when I fly to Orlando I also get to visit WDW so I could not say your argument is completly right.

But that's the point - Walt Disney World has been in the business of keeping you on their property, and their property alone, for your entire vacation. Halloween Horror Nights (along with the rest of UO's offerings) is preventing that from happening. Disney isn't about to hand Universal their own properties to sweeten something that's stealing vacation days.

But that's the point - Walt Disney World has been in the business of keeping you on their property, and their property alone, for your entire vacation. Halloween Horror Nights (along with the rest of UO's offerings) is preventing that from happening. Disney isn't about to hand Universal their own properties to sweeten something that's stealing vacation days.

But my point is that there are a lot of folks that wouldn't be coming to Orlando that time of year if it weren't for HHN.

Why not make some money by franchising those properties that you weren't doing anything with any way, and possibly steal some of those fans for a day or two? Especially since HHN doesn't run seven days a week.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Reactions: faceleg
But my point is that there are a lot of folks that wouldn't be coming to Orlando that time of year if it weren't for HHN.

Why not make some money by franchising those properties that you weren't doing anything with any way, and possibly steal some of those fans for a day or two? Especially since HHN doesn't run seven days a week.

They don't think that way, for better or worse. They either want you to come to Orlando for them, or not at all.

I think you're also overestimating the amount of money they make on the licenses. Disney isn't going to be interested in licensing out the original Alien to Universal under any circumstance - the brand doesn't need exposure. The only scenario where that sorta kinda makes sense is the ongoing television series (i.e. American Horror Story), where the maze serves as built-in advertisement for a new, forthcoming season. We could still yet see some special cases like that... but I don't find it especially likely. Why collaborate directly with a competitor (and bolster their offerings) if they don't have to?

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. There’s always a deal to be had, it just depends on whether both parties are happy to sell/buy at that price.

For example, royalty fee for use of an IP in a house, plus a cut of merchandising revenue and free advertising of where to see that IP outside of the event could be attractive for a seller. However, that may not be as appealing to a buyer, who would then enter negotiations to agree a contract or walk away.

These are businesses. They are there to make money. At the end of the day it’s all about whether both sides can agree a deal. Simple as that.

Aren't those just the same trusses they set up every year for the Rock the Universe Fan Zones?

Even if it is for HHN it's hardly noteworthy enough to proclaim scarezone construction has started, haha. But I guess they have to start somewhere.
They could be used for Rock the Universe but they will also be used for HHN^^ and if you count this as a starting of construction of Scarezones or not is up to everyone themselfe :D

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. There’s always a deal to be had, it just depends on whether both parties are happy to sell/buy at that price.

For example, royalty fee for use of an IP in a house, plus a cut of merchandising revenue and free advertising of where to see that IP outside of the event could be attractive for a seller. However, that may not be as appealing to a buyer, who would then enter negotiations to agree a contract or walk away.

These are businesses. They are there to make money. At the end of the day it’s all about whether both sides can agree a deal. Simple as that.

Sure, and that made sense when FOX (who does not participate in the haunt or theme park game) was the one doing the selling.

Disney is not interested in playing ball.

Is that why we’ve seen so much Blumhouse in recent years?

It's certainly a major factor. Blumhouse is full of nice people who are genuinely excited to work on stuff like this, but they've definitely leaned on them more heavily (and will probably continue to do so). In fairness to them, they're the most prolific/successful genre production company in the game right now (along with James Wan's Atomic Monster, which has a first-look with Warner Bros and a generally lower output).

By the way, saw somewhere on here that people were saying Blumhouse was based on the WB lot? That's not true. They have their own offices near Downtown and have a first-look deal with Universal.

By the way, saw somewhere on here that people were saying Blumhouse was based on the WB lot? That's not true. They have their own offices near Downtown and have a first-look deal with Universal.
Yeah wesker was the one that said that.