Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was it you who said this was the worst idea ever when i suggested Rick and Morty could come to the event???
Not me. I’d be all for it.

House or show invasion would be great.

For reference, in 2003 (I think it was) Sinbad played during HHN, only with Will and Grace invading the show. It was clever, with Bill and Ted’s brash humor without the concern for parody rights. Having Rick and Morty invade Sinbad in a similar way, especially with their acerbic humor directed at the Sinbad characters instead of the audience/society, could provide the levity Bill and Ted provided in a “safer” package.

Reactions: MattA
I think they mean the new, Blumhouse produced Halloween movie.

My spec lists-

True Blood
Supernatural
Rick and Morty
Channel Zero
AHS: Cult

Originals
Hell High: School Musical
Donnor Party/Snowy Cannibals
Amazon Warrior jungle
Ragnarok/Norse Mythology
Super Soldiers: Totally Not Havoc

Considering we got Scarecrow out of the Dust Bowl, Donner Party could be incredible

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Legacy: HHN needs to actually be scary in SOME capacity. R&M is not scary, even if I really like it.

I'm trying to think. Would ST have enough material? I love ST but still.

One original I want to see: a Nightingales/Catacombs crossover. Seriously, the idea just writes itself: during the outbreak of 1534 in France, guess who might've showed up for that? Could be used for a scare-zone too.

Also, I remember someone coming up with this idea in some variety, would be awesome:
HR Bloodengutz Presents: Classics of Carnage! He gets sent to prison, incites a revolt, and runs another horror movie marathon, this time with the Universal Classic Monsters. The rooms could be standard Universal monster scenes, but the transition/queue videos would be him torturing guards in the style of Universal monsters--electric chair for Frankenstein, draining them of blood for Dracula, mummifying them for...well...Mummy, etc. Would've been a brilliant idea for House of Horrors in 2012.

^True. I mean, you could easily do the statue room (did that start with Dead Exposure?) with Mr. Meeseeks.

It's never going to happen because it's nowhere near well known enough for a house (and it's a Disney show) but you could conceivably make a scary house out of Gravity Falls. Ma and Pa Duskerton's, the Summerween Trickster, the Bunker, Hoo Ha Owl's, Northwest Mansion, and god knows what with Bill...

(Kudos to anyone who actually understood all that.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan and MattA
One original I want to see: a Nightingales/Catacombs crossover. Seriously, the idea just writes itself: during the outbreak of 1534 in France, guess who might've showed up for that? Could be used for a scare-zone too

Tbh that probably might happen. Catacombs had a cameo in Fallen and a Nightengales sequel is rumored every year so it’s bound to happen at some point.

My guesses:

American Horror Story: Cult (Tent)
Blumhouse Volume 2 (Tent)
Halloween (Tent)
The New Mutants (Soundstage) (they have access to this, right?)
Stranger Things (Soundstage)
Twin Peaks (Soundstage)
3-4 originals (Soundstage/Mummy Queue/1-2 new locations)

I think they'll save It for 2019 providing they can even get the rights. Could the new parade building house something?

Twin Peaks?

:cautious:

Y’all see how Ash vs Evil Dead resonated this year?

Put Ash in a more populated area of the park and/or improve its flaws, and I don't think it would have as short of waits as this year :lol:

My guesses:

Halloween (Tent)
Twin Peaks (Soundstage)

I think they'll save It for 2019 providing they can even get the rights. Could the new parade building house something?

Put Ash in a more populated area of the park and/or improve its flaws, and I don't think it would have as short of waits as this year :lol:

New Mutants is by Marvel, and after the Carnage house in 02(I think?) Marvel would never let them do it. Also what would go into BoH Volume 2? The rights to PA and Split are all over the place which limits what they could use.

Reactions: SeventyOne
They obviously didn't have much of a say in the movie; why would a house based on said movie cause much trouble?

Marvel HATES the Fox movies. They’ve been trying to replace the mutants with the Inhumans for a decade+ because of them. Probably not the best idea to promote something they hate when you’re trying to build another Marvel ride

Marvel HATES the Fox movies. They’ve been trying to replace the mutants with the Inhumans for a decade+ because of them. Probably not the best idea to promote something they hate when you’re trying to build another Marvel ride
Fair point.

They should start Iron Legion before the event then :lol:

Marvel has a say in how their characters are used in a theme park setting. Marvel didn’t like Universal’s use of their heroes in a negative manner (Captain America and Wolverine dead and strung-up), and told Universal using them in such a manner again would put them in breach of contract.

You’d see Marvel Zombies before New Mutants. Which doesn’t matter as you won’t see either.

My guesses:

Halloween (Tent)
Twin Peaks (Soundstage)

They have rights to the New Mutants technically, but not Fox Movie rights - they would have to get those, which is doubtful.

Marvel has a say in how their characters are used in a theme park setting. Marvel didn’t like Universal’s use of their heroes in a negative manner (Captain America and Wolverine dead and strung-up), and told Universal using them in such a manner again would put them in breach of contract.

You’d see Marvel Zombies before New Mutants. Which doesn’t matter as you won’t see either.

This too....

Its isolation was definitely a contribution to its shortcomings, but it was not the only one. You all seem to forget the giant THUD sound that was made when the house was officially announced. It was met with a collectively "Oh. OK." I pointed that out then, and after seeing how it did this year - and hearing some internal talk - seemed like the THUD sound continued throughout the event. I like the show, but this was a swing and a miss.