Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 318 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Correct me if I read things wrong, but is this what we know about Scary Tales so far:

1. The Wicked Witch is the key role/story motivation

2. The setting is not Oz or Kansas

3. The Wicked Witch has minions in other fairytales, but she cannot necessarily control them

If this is all true, what other fairytale world(s) are people expecting to see?

Correct me if I read things wrong, but is this what we know about Scary Tales so far:

1. The Wicked Witch is the key role/story motivation

2. The setting is not Oz or Kansas

3. The Wicked Witch has minions in other fairytales, but she cannot necessarily control them

If this is all true, what other fairytale world(s) are people expecting to see?
Frozen would be really funny, Snow White and Pinoccio

So does anyone have any news/etc. about the alcohol situation this year? Were the last-minute changes made last year (no blood-shot girls, only beer/premix/watered down drinks in the tents) effective to what Uni wanted to achieve?

I gotta say that last year, I didn't notice any difference in crowd behavior with less alcohol available for sale.

I still got punched in the face several times, so no, no difference whatsoever.

Reactions: Brenton Matheson
there was this podcast with hhn creators there. here's some new info Ep 199 "HHN 28 Panel with Blake Braswell, Patrick Braillard, and Charles Gray" | Walker Nation [if these news aren't new im sorry]

revenge of chucky - story is the company behind the good guy dolls "play pal toys" is celebrating 30 years of making the good guy dolls. but then chucky takes over the zone. this is the creative's basically sequel to the franchise.

killer klowns from outer space - cotton candy coccons will be there.

poltergeist - face rip scene will be there. it'll do a semi original scene when we go into the light.

slaughter sinema - podcast guy went through it and said it was the coolest looking maze he seen. has tons of hr bloodngutz vibes. trailers will be used as queue videos.

carnival graveyard - quote from creative " when you go through a house many times you're looking down or looking peripherally left and right looking for the scare.i would encourage anyone coming into this house to look up. because you're be able to in the facade see scene 7, you're be able to go to scene 3 and see what's happening in scene 9, you're be able to approach scene 6 three different moments in the house. the layout is very twist and turny, and you're be able to see things from different angles and areas.". some original music will be in the house. the chainsaw guys in the house will have there own song. each song is made by the leader of the clowns. if legal doesn't happen music might be on spotify after the event.

seeds of extinction - creatures will come out of woodwork to attack you. will be very dark inside. creative thinks this will be a very terrifying house.

stranger things - story in the house will follow the kids story in the show. podcast guy went through the house and said it was highly accurate to the show, not just that but he said it was incredible.

stranger things - story in the house will follow the kids story in the show. podcast guy went through the house and said it was highly accurate to the show, not just that but he said it was incredible.

The cynic in me thinks the Stranger Things description is just marketing doing its thing, but I want to believe! In all honestly, if the settings are accurately portrayed then it doesn't necessarily need to be the scariest house in order to succeed. I'm more inclined to trust Legacy's ranking, but there's no harm in hoping.

In all honestly, if the settings are accurately portrayed then it doesn't necessarily need to be the scariest house in order to succeed.

This is exactly my feelings toward the maze. I'm honestly not going into this house expecting to be scared much. I'm actually hoping it's not too scary.

If they focused solely on scares, then it would actually be disappointing. A demorgogron jumping out at us every few seconds would completely ruin the maze for me. If they focused on the storyline, immersion, the sets, detail, and special effects, and only added a demorgogon scare where it's true to the story (byers house/lab) then that is everything I would have hoped for in a Stranger Things maze. I don't want to be scared, I want to be "wow'd." Lol. But that could just be only me.

This is exactly my feelings toward the maze. I'm honestly not going into this house expecting to be scared much. I'm actually hoping it's not too scary.

If they focused solely on scares, then it would actually be disappointing. A demorgogron jumping out at us every few seconds would completely ruin the maze for me. If they focused on the storyline, immersion, the sets, detail, and special effects, and only added a demorgogon scare where it's true to the story (byers house/lab) then that is everything I would have hoped for in a Stranger Things maze. I don't want to be scared, I want to be "wow'd." Lol. But that could just be only me.

Exactly my thought, too. Constant Demogorgon jump scares would feel lazy, but the immersion and threat of attack could make it really interesting. General audience would be happy at least.

From Bio,

I thought it might be helpful for some if I pointed out where the entrances to Trick 'r Treat and Seeds of Extinction will be. Both queues should begin approximately at the far right/center edge of the photo.

Red arrow = Trick 'r Treat
Green Arrow = Seeds of Extinction

v0SHlHK.jpg

I thought it might be helpful for some if I pointed out where the entrances to Trick 'r Treat and Seeds of Extinction will be. Both queues should begin approximately at the far right/center edge of the photo.

Red arrow = Trick 'r Treat
Green Arrow = Seeds of Extinction

v0SHlHK.jpg

I just hope they come up with a better solution for the exits. I skipped Ash quite a few times last year because of that walk. It seems so much longer going thru ET than it did going through kid's zone in year's past. With Simpson's being closed this year, I wonder if we will exit through the queue of Simpsons as that's a more direct path back into the park from both house exits.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I just hope they come up with a better solution for the exits. I skipped Ash quite a few times last year because of that walk. It seems so much longer going thru ET than it did going through kid's zone in year's past. With Simpson's being closed this year, I wonder if we will exit through the queue of Simpsons as that's a more direct path back into the park from both house exits.
From the Parades? Not a chance. That’s an even longer walk.

Simpsons’ closure was an extremely last minute decision. I think it was more about man-power than queue space. If it had remained open, they would need Ops for a tenth house AND and extra ride. Taking the people from an older ride (not literally but numerically) and putting them in the new house makes perfect sense.

Besides, there isn’t any great way to get backstage from the Simpsons that doesn’t take you by a dumpster or through the Tent City break area.

EDIT - Here’s how I see the queues working. The switchbacks are generalized.

Attachments

• 78264D80-1FC7-4B54-ACA6-BD249EABFF73.jpeg
    78264D80-1FC7-4B54-ACA6-BD249EABFF73.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Does anyone know if the new parade building was designed to host maze in a corner of the building? Or was this placed as a location because UO didn’t want to buy a new tent? lol