Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 371 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So is it true that a lot of effects haven’t been working the past few nights? Sucks if true—when I went through Poltergeist and saw the clown on ceiling, I thought about terrifying it would be when dropping at me.

Didnt work for me either so yeah, theres something to it.

wait, what were they? were they Uni employees? what the hell :lol: where they part of the event or just random guests

They were part of the event. I think they are characters that are only at the scare-actor dining. They are definitely Universal employees, just don't know anything about the characters.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
On a tangent; but did anyone feel like aov fell... flat. My wife loves aov and she said it wasn’t as good. Wouldn’t it be cool to have maybe different rock bands instead of aov. Imagine creed one weekend and maybe aaf. These are just examples. Don’t hate me. This could boost attendance on weekends that are slow. But after attending hhn28 what is slow?maybe hhn can absorb the rock the universe budget

Last edited:
Reactions: JunoSynth
Does the skull puppet work? When I went through it wasn't, so I assume that it was because it was late.

Also heard some scuttle that the subway scene in Exposure had safety issues.

Didn’t notice anything off about the (incredible) subway scene when I went last week Thur. - Sat.

Skull puppet didn’t work one run either late Fri, or early Sat. By my final run through Poltergeist, it was back on.

Also noticed the demagorgon animatronic in the hospital (?) scene didn’t work last Friday. It was working again Saturday.

So, yeah, lots of technical issues here and there being resolved.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
On a tangent; but did anyone feel like aov fell... flat. My wife loves aov and she said it wasn’t as good. Wouldn’t it be cool to have maybe different rock bands instead of aov. Imagine creed one weekend and maybe aaf. These are just examples. Don’t hate me. This could boost attendance on weekends that are slow. But after attending hhn28 what is slow?maybe hhn can absorb the rock the universe budget

In hhn in japan, one of their scarezones has two actors dressed as zombies but they play real electric guitars as part of some mini show.

I agree that maybe we could have had something like that. It doesnt need to be a big name band either. Could even be local bands putting up a halloween show

AoV is better in a smaller stage where they can interact better with the guests. It's a weird show, it tries to tell a story... but you can't really understand what's happening.

Some quick notes from last night...

-rain was not working in poltergeist and the clown was completely missing from the ceiling
-the barrels have been tied together in CG and ernest now slices the throat of a dummy instead of throwing the barrels
-there were quite a few scareactors missing.. most notably in CG (luv shak again only had one actor) and SS
-DE seemed quite a bit darker than it had in previous runs

hopefully some of the technical issues will get worked out but the scareactors who were there really gave it their all.. had some very solid runs through last night and call me crazy but i firmly believe that Dead Exposure rivals Scarecrow in terms of scares

Interesting about the barrels. On my final run of CG, the scareactor wasn’t throwing them, and I had wondered if it was due to fatigue.

Some quick notes from last night...

-rain was not working in poltergeist and the clown was completely missing from the ceiling
-the barrels have been tied together in CG and ernest now slices the throat of a dummy instead of throwing the barrels
-there were quite a few scareactors missing.. most notably in CG (luv shak again only had one actor) and SS
giphy.gif

Hope most of these issues are fixed, they're all happening in the best houses.

Reactions: Allison and JMalez
hopefully some of the technical issues will get worked out but the scareactors who were there really gave it their all.. had some very solid runs through last night and call me crazy but i firmly believe that Dead Exposure rivals Scarecrow in terms of scares
I know many will disagree, but I found Scarecrow to be greatly overrated and much prefer Patient Zero.

Anyone know how lenient they are with costumes on Halloween night? I.e. do we think fake blood will be ok??

I’ve never been on Halloween but I’m dressing up so I was thinking of heading over that night to see what it’s like.

Anyone know how lenient they are with costumes on Halloween night? I.e. do we think fake blood will be ok??

I’ve never been on Halloween but I’m dressing up so I was thinking of heading over that night to see what it’s like.

I have seen people with makeup and fake blood on their face but as far as i know masks and costumes are prohibited

I have seen people with makeup and fake blood on their face but as far as i know masks and costumes are prohibited

Ruhroh well there’s nothing covering my face or obstructing my eye sight, and it’s just regular clothes but there’s definitely a part of the body that’s messed up. I have already seen people dressed as the Stranger Things cast, however, there’s really not much to those outfits.

I’ll be a guinea pig for this site, take my chances & report back.
t0HKFvA.gif

This is 100% what I get for not being Gritty though.