Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 373 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Random question: do the Ops in the houses wear the cloaks throughout the event now, or is that still a Halloween only thing? (Or do they wear them at all now).
I wish they wore robes. The bright orange can get annoying, especially if they place themselves within the scene itself and not to the side.
I didn't notice them in orange, to be honest. I have a vague memory of a black t-shirt.

What time do you think I’d need to get to the Duff S&S tonight to be somewhat near the front (like first 50 people)? I’ve only done the Finns one.

Not the teacher from Trick r Treat or any character you’d find in any attraction in Florida. I’m wearing regular clothes with one altered section, I could go overboard with the blood, but I’m choosing not to. I will have makeup on my face but it won’t hide or severely alter any of my features. I will have a small prop but it’s cheap enough that I can just toss it if it proves to be a problem.

I don't think a bloody shirt will be a problem, it depends how you paint it. I mean, people wear zombie shirts and skeleton shirts all the time but they are store purchased, (meaning, it looks professionally printed on) I've seen girls that have shirts that makes it look like they are a zombie wearing a corset,

b5IpsK4.png
1HMjUoK.png

i think it depends, I know i've seen these type of shirts a lot. the girls never get any problem, Im sure other kinds of zombie or gory shirts have been used, I think it might depend on how legit the shirt looks
and Some girl last year copied the outfit of the teacher from trick R treat with the huge blood stain on the side and she was let in.there were pics of it on fb.

I wish they wore robes. The bright orange can get annoying, especially if they place themselves within the scene itself and not to the side.

I never understood why Hollywood lets the Ops wear robes and i could see how it could be a problem if someone needs help and gets scared by the Op or if someone attacks an Op thinking they are an actor,
after all they are there to help the house keep moving and in case of any emergency, and having them look like actors (kind of) could be difficult if something actually happens or something, or at the very least i could see people not paying attention to them or thinking they are actors and not taking them seriously. even the most drunk person sees those orange shirts and know they aren't an actor, or a guest that needs an exit or something.
During halloween it was cool to see them wear the robes but I remember the ladies in front of me getting scared at their waving thinking they were trying to scare them.

Reactions: Allison
I don't think a bloody shirt will be a problem, it depends how you paint it. I mean, people wear zombie shirts and skeleton shirts all the time but they are store purchased, (meaning, it looks professionally printed on) I've seen girls that have shirts that makes it look like they are a zombie wearing a corset,

b5IpsK4.png
1HMjUoK.png

i think it depends, I know i've seen these type of shirts a lot. the girls never get any problem, Im sure other kinds of zombie or gory shirts have been used, I think it might depend on how legit the shirt looks
and Some girl last year copied the outfit of the teacher from trick R treat with the huge blood stain on the side and she was let in.there were pics of it on fb.

My outfit will be nothing like those tops, or the teacher’s in Trick r Treat, but mine is homemade. I’ve got a fresh pint of fake blood coming in tomorrow so it’s good to know I might be able to go a little ham if I change my mind.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
My outfit will be nothing like those tops, or the teacher’s in Trick r Treat, but mine is homemade. I’ve got a fresh pint of fake blood coming in tomorrow so it’s good to know I might be able to go a little ham if I change my mind.

Do remember the intent of the rule: to not mistake guests as scare actors. No matter how careful you are it is still a costume and costumes are not allowed.

Do remember the intent of the rule: to not mistake guests as scare actors. No matter how careful you are it is still a costume and costumes are not allowed.

which is so ironic since the make up job that you can pay for at universal paints you in a professional way and makes you look better than the actors sometimes.
there have been times that the people paying to get painted looked better than some of the actors in the houses lol.
Specially when the person is goth and has leather clothing and stuff.

Well, unlike the Stranger Things group I saw, my outfit isn’t an exact match to any of the SA’s in the streets or houses, so if they even let me in I’d be shocked if somebody thought I was one. It sounds like, at least last year, there were quite a few people in costumes with only a few issues, so I understand the risk involved and will have no complaints if told to change or go home.

Well, unlike the Stranger Things group I saw, my outfit isn’t an exact match to any of the SA’s in the streets or houses, so if they even let me in I’d be shocked if somebody thought I was one. It sounds like, at least last year, there were quite a few people in costumes with only a few issues, so I understand the risk involved and will have no complaints if told to change or go home.
I say anything with blood and gore is not allowed since someone could mistake you. I know you said it will look nothing like anyone at HHN but someone who’s drunk for example would be scared anyway.

I say anything with blood and gore is not allowed since someone could mistake you. I know you said it will look nothing like anyone at HHN but someone who’s drunk for example would be scared anyway.

Now the drunks I hadn’t considered. Well I can always do it without the blood, that is the more common version anyway.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Not sure if it’s been discussed or not but with “Hive 2” being a trailer at Slaughter Sinema is there a genuine possibility Hive could come back but done intentionally?

The characters that didn't stop over where not based on IP or any of the houses/scarezones at HHN. I didn't know much about them, and wasn't really interested in getting pics with them. The 4 characters that were based off houses/scarezones at HHN stopped by our table for pics without us having to do anything.

I understand what your saying, but we were happy with the interactions we got. We also appreciated getting into the parks earlier than general admission on a Saturday night (we didn't have park tickets for the day).

When Chance ignores half of the room on her rounds, multiple times, THAT's a frigging problem.

Projector is still out in stranger things... I don't get how that takes more than a week to fix.

From reading these boards I'm starting to think that by my trip (10/10) the houses will have half casts and only be 1/3 working from a prop perspective. When you are making as much cash as this makes, feels like you could fix broken stuff pretty quickly. A projector doesn't sound difficult. You could buy a new awesome one for $10000- roughly the price for 100-200 guests paying entry.

I'd love to hear the official reason it's been broken for a week, and not addressed.