Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 397 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree. I’ll take this to a slightly more exaggerated example but do we expect UOR to buy a new school bus and van every year?

Pretty sure there was a car outside of the Carey Drive-In that I remember seeing in the original Halloween house (HHN25)

Heres an interesting tibit,
UO president Bill Davis put out a bulletin for team members not to go (or strongly encouraging them not to) to hhn on Friday-Sundays

Saw this on fb.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The majority of the props and costumes used during HHN are repurposed from previous years.

Hell, the Plague Doctors jackets were the Body Collector jackets, just with different buttons (black instead of silver). It just wasn't obvious because the shirt underneath it was black instead of white.

Heres an interesting tibit,
UO president Bill Davis put out a bulletin for team members not to go (or strongly encouraging them not to) to hhn on Friday-Sundays

Saw this on fb.
"No eating, drinking, smoking, or going to Horror Nights in the break room" - Managment

I much much rather have reused props and sets than have black empty hallways or black empty rooms,
Or have glow in the dark neon painted sets with minimal props...
You basically just described HOS this year

Fun fact: Scary Tales Hansel and Gretel room was used in HHN 21 for Nevermore. An obvious one is the Walking Dead's prison set was used in Purge's scene in Blumhouse.

Would anyone have picked that up without me saying anything?

I certainly didn't since now I'm trying to revisit houses with my mind. :bigeye:

I still pine for a 3D house as good as In-Between. Still a top 5 all timer for me. Hell, just rebuild In-Between.

How about "The In-Between: Black Hole": A spaceship has gotten lost in a horrific new dimension. So basically an In-Between-Interstellar Terror crossover. Even if the latter wasn't very popular, we need another space house, dammit. Could work for 30.

ST4 has a lot of really good scenes, but I would've preferred a narrow pathway surrounded by two mirrors for the Humpty Dumpty scene to simulate being on the top of a wall, with a splattered Humpty on the ceiling reflected.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
Just curious: Is it all TMs that get in for free? Or just ones that work HHN? Which considering the rides that are open wouldn't make much sense. I know that Disney employees do not get into hard ticket events for free, and the discounts are pretty limited. When I worked at Knott's you only got like 2 guest tickets for the regular park quaterly(?), and only discounted tickets for Scary Farm (which I didn't get to go to cause I moved back to Texas in like August).

I know we're not doing HHN29 spec yet, but anyone want to bet that Killer Klowns will get the Trick r Treat treatment next year?

I hope not. That zone was like walking around taking photos with the Simpsons characters. Just big, clumsy rubber suits stopping for photos with people. Not remotely scary, but also not funny. The only interesting part was when my daughter tried to pet a balloon dog and the guy got all pissed off at her (real, not pretend). I really didn't get this one or why everyone said it was amazing.

Just curious: Is it all TMs that get in for free? Or just ones that work HHN? Which considering the rides that are open wouldn't make much sense. I know that Disney employees do not get into hard ticket events for free, and the discounts are pretty limited. When I worked at Knott's you only got like 2 guest tickets for the regular park quaterly(?), and only discounted tickets for Scary Farm (which I didn't get to go to cause I moved back to Texas in like August).

All employees.

I hope not. That zone was like walking around taking photos with the Simpsons characters. Just big, clumsy rubber suits stopping for photos with people. Not remotely scary, but also not funny. The only interesting part was when my daughter tried to pet a balloon dog and the guy got all pissed off at her (real, not pretend). I really didn't get this one or why everyone said it was amazing.

Thats how they moved and acted on the movie. If anything it is very faithful in that sense.
I guess u have to be a fan to appreciate it.

The benefit of a house is that it would allow them.to recreate the sets of the movie.
Also u can manipulate the scaresbetter with loud noises and with lighting.
Misdirection and distraction like any other house
They could move the exact same way sam moves in trick r treat.
Sam never did much in the trick r treat zone. Were you disappointed with sam?

The plants in seeds of destruction dont move that much either. I dont see a problem with a killer klown house

Reactions: JoeCamel

Fans of the movie. I probably wouldn't care much either if I wasn't a fan.

Thats how they moved and acted on the movie. If anything it is very faithful in that sense.
I guess u have to be a fan to appreciate it.

Yep. I saw them wave like the one in the movie at the burger spot. I also saw them play peek-a-boo too like that scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartyMcFly
So about the 30th date... expect the streets to be running with a lot less people than normal. Or not at all. People are getting pulled from the streets into houses for that day since it was a late addition. A LOT said they couldn’t work so they are having to shuffle people around just to fill the houses.

So about the 30th date... expect the streets to be running with a lot less people than normal. Or not at all. People are getting pulled from the streets into houses for that day since it was a late addition. A LOT said they couldn’t work so they are having to shuffle people around just to fill the houses.

That time when they added november 3rd because of the hurricanes sucked.

Really empty streets and houses with main characters missing. The halloween house was missing Loomis at the beginning. I remember the simpsons area had like 3 chainsaws only. The chainsaws by transformers were completely missing.

You were paying regular price for an incomplete event. We will see how it goes.

That time when they added november 3rd because of the hurricanes sucked.

Really empty streets and houses with main characters missing. The halloween house was missing Loomis at the beginning. I remember the simpsons area had like 3 chainsaws only. The chainsaws by transformers were completely missing.

You were paying regular price for an incomplete event. We will see how it goes.
You paid regular price for that night? lolz

Reactions: SeventyOne