1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 28' started by Brian G., Nov 5, 2017.

1. ThomasByrd

ThomasByrd Rookie

The amount of people in costume at the event tonight was extreme and annoying. #unpopular opinion.

2. TheCode

TheCode Veteran Member

Costumes,
    It was harmless fun. People were having fun.
    Most people in costume were well behaved and just chilling around.

It was a nice night. Pretty smooth.

Elegia and jrn14 like this.
  3. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

I don't think you're in the minority. I don't wanna sound like I'm full of vinegar, but the rules state "No costumes". I'm cool with outfits that are themed, or teeter the line of costume - but full-on costume should not be allowed. I saw a couple of dead cheerleaders at the event, and the last thing Universal needs is them to cause trouble and another guest to assume they're related to HHN.

4. TheCode

TheCode Veteran Member

The make up job that they do at hhn is better than most costumes.
    So you can just bring a witch hat and a goth dress and get your face done and thats a full costume right there.

5. Brian G.

Right, so don't allow the hat. A dress is a dress, can't fight that. Together though, that's a costume. The make-up they do is over-the-top and cartoony so they wouldn't be confused with a scareactor.

6. ThomasByrd

ThomasByrd Rookie

I don’t mind sounding full of vinegar.

LOTS of cosplay and WAY too many costumes permitted tonight.

Also - maybe it’s just my experience but my god a lot of these scareactors on the streets spend an awful lot of time fraternizing w friends / each other. Took a 2 minute video of a victim and a pumpkin outside the church on Hollywood boulevard just shooting the sh*t.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    JM-BENT, MartyMcFly and SeventyOne like this.
  7. TheCode

TheCode Veteran Member

Vamp 85 was the same today. 6 actors were just hanging out for like 5 minutes or more.
    Not sure why uni is having zones like this

8. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Agreed. It’s also dangerous imo if other guests think that they are scareactors. I saw several dressed as Michael Meyers and they looked pretty professional.

Yeah, the makeup that they do for guests in the park would never be confused as a scareactor.

TheCode and SeventyOne like this.
  9. DestinationDoug

DestinationDoug Newcomer

Last night wasn’t nearly as crowded as I feared it would be. Stranger Things had a long wait for the first hour or two, but seemed to settle in at around a 75 minute wait. That’s probably the second or third shortest average wait for that house of my ten nights thus far. I was able to do the front 5 houses a total of 12 times in about 3.5 hours, with Express. I didn’t even venture to the back half of the park.

10. HHNSK

HHNSK Newcomer

Thank you for saying this! I already commented on the over-hyped scare zones. I noticed it as well especially @ vamp. To the point where it felt as though you didn’t belong unless you were an employee or friend of a
    scareactor. I also saw the exact same thing at the church on multiple occasions. I wasn’t going to bother mentioning it b/c we are in a time now where we like to pretend everything is perfect. Best year ever! Take selfie. Post to social media. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I can’t help but think Universal is ok with this though. The bosses are out watching a lot. The average guest is perhaps ok with just seeing a scareactor dressed up, snapping a couple of pics and moving on. That’s the scarezone experience.

I will stick to my guns. The event was good (salvaged by a handful of amazing houses). Overal, a marked step backwards from previous years.

MartyMcFly likes this.
  11. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

Thought the actors in Tradition and even Chucky did this fairly well. I hope to God we do not see another zone like Vamp 85.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    JM-BENT, IOAGuy, Victoria and 2 others like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

While I fully agree with your statements Vamp/Traditions and have expressed similar ones, as a scareactor, I can tell you it is quite literally impossible at times to avoid selfies.

Limiting them is the key.

HHNSK and SeventyOne like this.
  13. ProColor

ProColor Newcomer

Perhaps the best way to try to increase scare potential is to but a couple of "Sexy" selfie scare actors (stilt walkers, etc.) mixed with more generic looking ones (the employees in Chucky?). Or just go all out, put a ton of scare actors in New York and Hollywood, and try and cater the other 3 zones to selfies?

OhHaiInternet95 likes this.
  14. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Ehhh I really don’t mind scare zones catered to picture taking and selfies. I go to HHN to have fun and scare zones aren’t really ever scary due to being wipe open. Let me look and take pictures of great costumes.

15. Brian G.

I don’t think photo taking is the issue, as much as creating congestion and crowding. Watch any of the stilt actors and you see a crowd of people surround them constantly like some formal meet & greet.

JM-BENT, Journey_On and SeventyOne like this.
  16. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

Until the social norm isn't taking pictures all the time, this is always going to be an "issue".

So...get used to it.:lol:

TheCode and SeventyOne like this.
  17. jrn14

jrn14 Member

They should allow costumes on Halloween only... just no masks I guess that could create a lot of problems for Universal so I understand why they would try to limit it, but it seems like it would be fun.

TheCode and Elegia like this.
  18. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

While I'm firmly with you and @Brian G. -- I'd even crack down on "bounding" level costumes -- I didn't think there were that many last night. Granted I didn't roll up until close to 10, but I'd swear there were more opening night.

Fallow and Joe like this.
  19. Elegia

Elegia Rookie

So it’s definitely not an unpopular opinion to be anti costumes lol

I’m clearly biased but I’d much rather take the harmless people (& children) that I encountered in costumes on Halloween then the hordes that are there nightly that act up cause can’t they hold their booze, but that’s just me!

[​IMG]

JunoSynth and jrn14 like this.
  20. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator