Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 415 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had Trick R Treat to myself 100 percent, front to back once. It was glorious.

Yeah, when you get a maze to yourself it's a completely different experience. Happened last year in Dead Waters, was best run of any HHN house I've had.

Hmm... To Uni: Sell an up-charge night where you can limit park capacity and then be able to pulse lines. Your welcome.

Finally checked in here. Lots of good discussion - I usually avoid the forums during the event so as not to ruin the experience. I have a few comments:

Regarding the conga lines - I’ve come to accept they are a reality of HHN. What I couldn’t stand this year was the wall to wall people *combined* with ops in the houses totally ruining what little experience is left of these houses. When I’m literally sandwiched between two people I don’t need someone barking at me or waving in my face to move on ... when I’m already moving and pressed up against other guests.

I know this has always existed but my experience was far worse this year. Really aggravating.

There was some suggestion on social media as to this being the best year ever. From my perspective not even close. The houses were overal very good (except Blumhouse). However the crowds, ops, and over-hyped scare zones made this a good but not great year. Finally as talented as AOV are ... sorry but the current show leaves big void in the event for me.

Judging by the crowds my voice would be in the minority. Just thought I would chime in with a few thoughts.

Finally checked in here. Lots of good discussion - I usually avoid the forums during the event so as not to ruin the experience. I have a few comments:

Regarding the conga lines - I’ve come to accept they are a reality of HHN. What I couldn’t stand this year was the wall to wall people *combined* with ops in the houses totally ruining what little experience is left of these houses. When I’m literally sandwiched between two people I don’t need someone barking at me or waving in my face to move on ... when I’m already moving and pressed up against other guests.

I know this has always existed but my experience was far worse this year. Really aggravating.

There was some suggestion on social media as to this being the best year ever. From my perspective not even close. The houses were overal very good (except Blumhouse). However the crowds, ops, and over-hyped scare zones made this a good but not great year. Finally as talented as AOV are ... sorry but the current show leaves big void in the event for me.

Judging by the crowds my voice would be in the minority. Just thought I would chime in with a few thoughts.

Agree with ops. Really ruined a couple runs for me. Even towards the end of the night where the maze is a walk-on (and nobody behind me) they still push me out. Lots of them are also standing in the middle of scenes blocking some set design. I hope next year they A&D can have some say and place location for them where they are visible but not intruding.

Also, I agree with your rating of the event. It's the most balanced event, but there's no clear stand outs. And scare zones are fun but not what I want. I don't mind zones like Vamp, but I would not classify KKoS as a scare zone.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Either way, pulsing never works. You get caught up eventually.
This. Basically.

You CAN get pulsing to work, but only by allowing no more than 3 groups in a house at a time. It also helps if you can loop your performers into the process. Scares can slow and speed up guests, depending on if they scare forward or back.

But it requires a house to be run like a ride with block brakes. You give Ops radios and you don't let the next group in until the group ahead of them clears a certain point. Or, you make the wait time 2 minutes between groups.

And then hope the groups inside the house don't slow down too much.

This. Basically.

You CAN get pulsing to work, but only by allowing no more than 3 groups in a house at a time. It also helps if you can loop your performers into the process. Scares can slow and speed up guests, depending on if they scare forward or back.

But it requires a house to be run like a ride with block brakes. You give Ops radios and you don't let the next group in until the group ahead of them clears a certain point. Or, you make the wait time 2 minutes between groups.

Yes sir.

At that point, Universal will just create an up-charge "EXTREME" house.

This. Basically.

They always end up catching up to one another.

Left to their own paces - some will RUN through the haunt. Others will LOLLIGAG like they’re window shopping.

This was a test last night. I believe it was done to see if the current designs for houses could work with pulsing. I’ve been told UOR is looking into HHN “premium” nights with fewer guests, pulsing houses, and a much higher price tag.
Even though it's technically spec for future events, I don't think it'll work. But I'd LOVE to see their pricing strategy.

Can anyone shed any insight as to what this was about?
I think there was some nonsense running around when they added Tues 10/30, where someone looked and that and thought they might announce HHN running later. Typical rumor that ignores the limit of reality.

This was a test last night. I believe it was done to see if the current designs for houses could work with pulsing. I’ve been told UOR is looking into HHN “premium” nights with fewer guests, pulsing houses, and a much higher price tag.

I’d love to experience the houses with pulsing, and the event in general with less crowds, but I’m not sold on the higher price for one night.

RoF with Express allowed us to hit the 10 various houses 43 times over 3 nights for $300 each. That’s $6.98 per run. If you get to go one premium night for $300 and, let’s say you’re lucky, get 12 runs in one night, you’re paying $25 a run. I’m not sure having less people in the house with you makes up for the lack of value. Additionally, the houses will still be designed for conga lines on regular peak nights. :shrug:

What do crowds look like tonight? Anyone on the ground?

I’m home now but earlier in the night it wasn’t so bad, there were still a lot of people coming in when I left though (which was around 8:30ish).

By the way, if anybody remembers/cares my costume was fine. The only security guard that stopped me was to compliment me. I didn’t see anybody dressed up getting asked to leave either, and my costume was definitely not as elaborate as some of the others I saw.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy