Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Only thing from 2012 I would wanna see again aside from Dead End & Gothic is Silent Hill. It’s so made for a maze and it sucks the delivery fell flat since it was sort of last minute. Same thing with Resident Evil except the latter didn’t really have an excuse

Well they didn’t use references from the game and seemed generic. The best part of SH was the opening. RE was a huge let down from anyone that’s played the games. No herbs really?

Only thing from 2012 I would wanna see again aside from Dead End & Gothic is Silent Hill. It’s so made for a maze and it sucks the delivery fell flat since it was sort of last minute. Same thing with Resident Evil except the latter didn’t really have an excuse

Wanted to use this as an example of why we keep reminding people to not treat these rumored houses as locks. Especially this early.

I hate the idea of HHN using more metal music. The majority of metal - and I’m saying this as a big fan of Tool - is garbage. I’d rather have atmospheric spooky music then the BS they blast throughout the park. I remember leaving after working HHN and hearing that god awful Orgy cover of Blue Monday. Seriously, Universal?...you’d rather play that than the classic New Order cut?

That said, I’d kill for a house based on Pink Floyd’s The Wall.

I hate the idea of HHN using more metal music. The majority of metal - and I’m saying this as a big fan of Tool - is garbage. I’d rather have atmospheric spooky music then the BS they blast throughout the park. I remember leaving after working HHN and hearing that god awful Orgy cover of Blue Monday. Seriously, Universal?...you’d rather play that than the classic New Order cut?

Ugh... I'd hardly classify anything i hear at these halloween events as metal... not to be a snob. But, there is so much music out there untapped for halloween events. Seriously, If I hear "Dragula" one more time...

Halloween events almost feel stuck in the 90's.

I think the music is meant to be disorienting but to me it is just annoying....

I wouldn't mind some good metal music.

Type O Negative - Wolf Moon (even though is not about a werewolf. lol)
But I would love to hear this for a Werewolf house.

I would just love to hear this at HHN period!

I know it's hated over in Hollywood, but as a huge fan of modern dubstep and trap, the songs they play in Orlando are legit the most generic and popular songs they could ever find. However, I enjoy Hollywood's use from what I've seen online, I love me some Figure ;). (waiting for that :ban:)

I don't mind like "popular metal" like Enter Sandman or that Blue Monday cover you speak of above (are these really metal songs?), but no Screamo music please... EVER!

Ok, maybe I don't mean screamo (just looked that up and its' not what I mean)... I guess hardcore metal with lots of screaming ? :cheers:

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
I don't mind like "popular metal" like Enter Sandman or that Blue Monday cover you speak of above (are these really metal songs?), but no Screamo music please... EVER!

Ok, maybe I don't mean screamo (just looked that up and its' not what I mean)... I guess hardcore metal with lots of screaming ? :cheers:

Maybe that Orgy cover isn’t metal; I was just lumping it into the questionable music choices they make at the event.

If they go with a 80’s theme, I’d love a curated playlist to match the vibe. Hell, off the top of my head songs like “Lullaby” by the Cure, “Watch Me Bleed” by Tears For Fears, “Bone Machine” by the Pixies, “Psycho Killer” by The Talking Heads, “Man Eater” by Hall & Oates, and “Scary Monsters” by David Bowie would match that aesthetic.

A couple of ideas I came up with (one of which I think I've mentioned, but whatever):

"Flight 666": Sometimes, rifts open up in the stratosphere, exposing our world to other dimensions. One unlucky flight has accidentally gotten stuck in one of these holes, and is now trapped in a horrific purgatory. God is definitely not your co-pilot.

House would basically be one long hallway, which sounds lame but it would go through a plane stuck in some hellish dimension, and everything on the plane that could go wrong, does--passengers and crew turn into monsters, demons getting into plane (including a bungee effect), "wings" would be images put right outside window. Would go through the galley, economy class, past the lavatories, business/first class, and finally the cockpit.

Passengers would be reaching out during the seating areas, alarms would be blaring, a hole would be torn through the exterior (including someone "holding on", wind sucking). I'm not sure if it would require too many seats (thus would be only two seats on each side, and no middle seats for budget and room purposes), and I'm also not sure if it's too taboo a subject, but it could be a very scary house. Would have been great to go next to DW last year for saving space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
And:

"Contact": The US has started sending people to the Moon again. But when you partake in this bold new mission, you and your crew make a surprising discovery that will make you wish humanity was alone...

Haven't fleshed this one out as much. The house would be a secret alien lair on the moon, or Mars, to change the story.

If they wanted to be really bold the plot could be that there was a mission to the moon before Apollo 11 in which the crew was kidnapped and devoured by a secret colony of aliens, and the house was that mission; the goal of 11, for a take on moon landing conspiracies, was to find that crew. But lest they offend the families of Armstrong and Aldrin, the above story is probably safer.

Reactions: JunoSynth
A couple of ideas I came up with (one of which I think I've mentioned, but whatever):

"Flight 666": Sometimes, rifts open up in the stratosphere, exposing our world to other dimensions. One unlucky flight has accidentally gotten stuck in one of these holes, and is now trapped in a horrific purgatory. God is definitely not your co-pilot.

House would basically be one long hallway, which sounds lame but it would go through a plane stuck in some hellish dimension, and everything on the plane that could go wrong, does--passengers and crew turn into monsters, demons getting into plane (including a bungee effect), "wings" would be images put right outside window. Would go through the galley, economy class, past the lavatories, business/first class, and finally the cockpit.

Passengers would be reaching out during the seating areas, alarms would be blaring, a hole would be torn through the exterior (including someone "holding on", wind sucking). I'm not sure if it would require too many seats (thus would be only two seats on each side, and no middle seats for budget and room purposes), and I'm also not sure if it's too taboo a subject, but it could be a very scary house. Would have been great to go next to DW last year for saving space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
And:

"Contact": The US has started sending people to the Moon again. But when you partake in this bold new mission, you and your crew make a surprising discovery that will make you wish humanity was alone...

Haven't fleshed this one out as much. The house would be a secret alien lair on the moon, or Mars, to change the story.

If they wanted to be really bold the plot could be that there was a mission to the moon before Apollo 11 in which the crew was kidnapped and devoured by a secret colony of aliens, and the house was that mission; the goal of 11, for a take on moon landing conspiracies, was to find that crew. But lest they offend the families of Armstrong and Aldrin, the above story is probably safer.

I like it!

Wish they went back to icons and originals. They could do a cool sci fi themed year with a scary spaceman icon. I have a ton of ideas for that.

Interesting... but how would these even work haha
Have you seen Ghosts of Mars? It's spirits possessing people, causing them to commit murder and self-mutilate... On Mars. It was written and directed by John Carpenter for Kreis' sake.

Kids these days...

And The Blob would be people screaming for help in a panic-filled cityscape, driven by darkly comedic visuals.