Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have you seen Ghosts of Mars? It's spirits possessing people, causing them to commit murder and self-mutilate... On Mars. It was written and directed by John Carpenter for Kreis' sake.

Kids these days...

And The Blob would be people screaming for help in a panic-filled cityscape, driven by darkly comedic visuals.
haha what! Ghosts of Mars sounds amazing! got to watch that one! I just had thought it was an original title you just came up with and it was funny. The Blob would work, too I accidentally left that in the quote.

I think the first house was announced 3/29 last year ... any word if we will get such an early announcement this year?

I doubt it. Given that AHS had been the big IP the year before, it felt like a natural continuation to announce it so early. It was blatant they would do a house on seasons 2, 3, and 6 when they announced that the first house would be seasons 1, 4, and 5.

I think the first house was announced 3/29 last year ... any word if we will get such an early announcement this year?

I originally had my money on tomorrow for a kick-off with an official dates announce, possibly with the first house as well.

Now I'm second guessing myself. We're up against Good Friday and Easter weekend. Last year, Easter wasn't until mid-April. An announcement tomorrow might get lost in the noise of weekend celebrations. I'm thinking more likely next Thursday now.

Halloween Horror Nights Flex Ticket

Mentions that the ticket will be sold between March 29th and June 6th. Which is tommorow.

As for Maze Announcements I believe the first maze announcement will be after Mardi Gras (April 7th) and it will be a exclusive. Or will be a Shared Announcement and it will be after Mardi Gras but before Monsterpalooza (April 15th) or after.

Joke's on you. The movie is terrible. It would just make a really strong house.
24644715.gif

I'm starting to wonder if Universal put a hard lock on all the IPs early so they could announce everything in April.

I mean, the best way to combat leaks is to beat them to the public.

Funny...I was thinking something similar last night. I see a lot of rumblings implying that something is up.

I don't know if we'll get a full reveal all at once, but I could see more of a blitzkrieg than we had in past years.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I'm starting to wonder if Universal put a hard lock on all the IPs early so they could announce everything in April.

I mean, the best way to combat leaks is to beat them to the public.

Doubt that, you want to at least announce stuff over time (especially the big tickets). Why announce 2 or 3 major IPs together to share the same press when you can spread them and keep the news fresh. I think last year was just a big mix up with Conjuring, but I'm sure after Scream & Conjuring they have decided to lock IPs early, doesn't meant they should announce.

Funny...I was thinking something similar last night. I see a lot of rumblings implying that something is up.

I don't know if we'll get a full reveal all at once, but I could see more of a blitzkrieg than we had in past years.

Doubt that, you want to at least announce stuff over time (especially the big tickets). Why announce 2 or 3 major IPs together to share the same press when you can spread them and keep the news fresh. I think last year was just a big mix up with Conjuring, but I'm sure after Scream & Conjuring they have decided to lock IPs early, doesn't meant they should announce.
I haven't heard anything specific. I'm just getting a vibe. There's actually a couple of benefits to letting everything out early. It incentivizes guests to book NOW instead of waiting. It also makes pulling an IP extraordinarily difficult because it would be AFTER the contractual announcement date.

With the headaches of the last few years (leaks and changes, both) this would seem like a solid alternatives. They can keep promoting with interviews and concept art through the summer.

I haven't heard anything specific. I'm just getting a vibe. There's actually a couple of benefits to letting everything out early. It incentivizes guests to book NOW instead of waiting. It also makes pulling an IP extraordinarily difficult because it would be AFTER the contractual announcement date.

With the headaches of the last few years (leaks and changes, both) this would seem like a solid alternatives. They can keep promoting with interviews and concept art through the summer.

So they are considering doing the Holiday's approach from Last Year, but for HHN and it's general lineup?

So they are considering doing the Holiday's approach from Last Year, but for HHN and it's general lineup?
I really don't know what they're planning. But if that strategy worked for the Holidays, there's no reason to assume it wouldn't work for Halloween.

For anyone new to the event, just a reminder that in the past multi-day tickets were released in a couple of months.

If you plan on attending multiple dates don’t waste your money on tickets now (insert speculation they are getting rid of multi day passes).

(insert speculation they are getting rid of multi day passes).

Good call. Let's get this over quickly...

-"I bet they're going to get rid of Frequent Fear This year. It would make sense for them monetarily."
-"No way would they get rid of FFP. It brings in people multiple nights to get more parking, food, etc..."
-"Right, but locals are the ones that use those...not vacation people. They'd be better off without them."
-"You're wrong."
-"No. You're wrong."
-Uni releases Frequent Fear/Rush of Fear, and we all move on...

There. Now we don't have to have that discussion this year.