Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

As someone who gets FFplus+ express I disagree with those saying you can’t do the event without Express anymore. It’s all about timing and your game plan. There were multiple nights last year where there was pockets when a bunch of the houses were literal walk ons. We were able to do almost all the houses without Express first most nights just with a solid game plan and then do a second lap through with Express. Not to mention if you stay until the end of the night you can almost always hit a bunch of houses right before closing. If you get there at 8pm on a Saturday during hell week and expect to just cruise thru all the houses of course you can’t. But those saying you can only do a couple houses without Express in general are way out of line imo. It’s just about sample size as well for those who only go one night, etc.
If you don’t want to spend the money for Express or frequent fear you can still have a good time and see everything if you’re smart about planning.

As someone who gets FFplus+ express I disagree with those saying you can’t do the event without Express anymore. It’s all about timing and your game plan. There were multiple nights last year where there was pockets when a bunch of the houses were literal walk ons. We were able to do almost all the houses without Express first most nights just with a solid game plan and then do a second lap through with Express. Not to mention if you stay until the end of the night you can almost always hit a bunch of houses right before closing. If you get there at 8pm on a Saturday during hell week and expect to just cruise thru all the houses of course you can’t. But those saying you can only do a couple houses without Express in general are way out of line imo. It’s just about sample size as well for those who only go one night, etc.
If you don’t want to spend the money for Express or frequent fear you can still have a good time and see everything if you’re smart about planning.

Agree. You can easily, being right outside the park gate, (without S&S and any type of early preview) hit all 3/4 soundstage mazes within the hour, then move on to the tents and finish the event in 3 hours. Only maze that you would have to wait for (unless you wait to the end) would be Shrek. I use this tactic every year and it works, I use Express just so that I can get a 2nd round of mazes within a night, not just to skip the crowds.

Agree. You can easily, being right outside the park gate, (without S&S and any type of early preview) hit all 3/4 soundstage mazes within the hour, then move on to the tents and finish the event in 3 hours. Only maze that you would have to wait for (unless you wait to the end) would be Shrek. I use this tactic every year and it works, I use Express just so that I can get a 2nd round of mazes within a night, not just to skip the crowds.
yeah last year Shrek was the only wait that could be kinda long, luckily is had the best queue at the event, letting you watch people getting scared in the zone and sometimes the pig henchman would even interact with the queue!

Rush of Fear was 91 dollars last year for 10 nights (14 dollar difference from the BOGO deal)

Frequent Fear was 102 dollars last year for 19 nights (25 dollar difference from the BOGO deal)

Neither of those significantly more expensive than the BOGO deal.

I'm hanging out for these tickets, although the value in them for me this trip is poor.

I hit Uni on Sat 22nd and leave on Fri 28th, the only events that week are the Saturday I arrive followed by the Sunday, nothing else til the Friday I leave. The week after they have Wed and Thurs in the schedule, bit gutted as booked for HHN months ago and cant change dates as its booked around a cruise.

Oh well, guess two nights are better than none.

Damn, now you got me thinkin' I can save a bunch! I loved hanging with people in Finn's but that is gone so maybe just maybe this is the solution.
Thanks Frank!

Don't want to bust your bubble but I think Saturdays are excluded. I do think I can work this in though.

I'm starting to think I should think about using the BOGO and then plan to go 11/1 and 11/2.

we always gone for a RoF week, so I imagine a different rythm to the mazes and the possibility of similar crowds..

anyone recall how the post oct crowds have been the last couple?

Guess I'm slow but is finns not a s+s option now?
It is but they are running it as a counter service for drinks and if you want to eat you need a reservation months in advance. The days of a bunch of people hanging together are gone. This is the Leakey but we had all these people take over one end of the dining area a couple of years ago so maybe it is our fault. The table to the left has people from all over the world that come together in love of HHN

Edit: I'm way down at the other end..

It is but they are running it as a counter service for drinks and if you want to eat you need a reservation months in advance. The days of a bunch of people hanging together are gone. This is the Leakey but we had all these people take over one end of the dining area a couple of years ago so maybe it is our fault. The table to the left has people from all over the world that come together in love of HHN

Edit: I'm way down at the other end..

Dang that is right up my Diagon Alley

I wonder if they use the Transformers queue for a bar if they could return Finnegans to the way it was.
I’m confused by this. My pals and I went to Finn’s three nights last year (mid October) and had no issue getting a table without a reservation for s&s ... in fact, I was told they don’t take reservations for dinner / tables during certain hours (like between 4:30 and 6:30). Unless you mean for bar service only? I know last year they changed that up a bit.

I’m confused by this. My pals and I went to Finn’s three nights last year (mid October) and had no issue getting a table without a reservation for s&s ... in fact, I was told they don’t take reservations for dinner / tables during certain hours (like between 4:30 and 6:30). Unless you mean for bar service only? I know last year they changed that up a bit.
From what I was aware of everything was the same with the restaurant, it was the bar that they changed.

From what I was aware of everything was the same with the restaurant, it was the bar that they changed.

Yeah we got a table right when they started holding people in the pen last year in early October.

I think it was around 25 that they stopped taken reservations for tables at FINNs. They now seem to start a S&S queue in the Transformer’s overflow queue. When the area opens, most are trying to get wrist bands to drink and tables seem to be first come.

We have still gotten a table since the change as we enjoy having dinner while waiting for the change over.

Totalitarian arseholes imposing what they think will help them maintain order while sucking all the character out of the wait.
I confess we may have been responsible for the changes when we rolled in with 35 people and commandeered the north section of the dining area. We bought food and drank in excess of what they would have sold there but it was evident they thought we were squatting. Did the same thing later at Leakey (fire shots in front of the cauldron) without a problem but Finn's took exception no matter how much we goosed the bottom line.
Oh well gone now and the RIP tour is sounding like the way to go here. Couple of nights, couple of tours might just work.

I can dig it. I just know that there are a number of racist MAGA types in HHN fandom, not naming names, and I thought it was going to the next level. I always do the Springfield stay and scream, so I never heard about issues at Finn's. Sounds like I've been making the right choice.

Edit because fat thumbs, small phones and grammar OCD

I can dig it. I just know that there are a number of racist MAGA types in HHN fandom, not naming names, and I thought it was going to the next level. I always do the Springfield stay and scream, so I never heard about issues at Finn's. Sounds like I've been making the right choice.

Edit because fat thumbs, small phones and grammar OCD
I’ve done both ... only negative was that Duff ran out of hotdogs when I was there last year. Lol. But they had PLENTY of beer. :)

I wonder if there are times where those of us on this forum are right near each other at HHN .... and have no idea.

I’ve done both ... only negative was that Duff ran out of hotdogs when I was there last year. Lol. But they had PLENTY of beer. :)

I wonder if there are times where those of us on this forum are right near each other at HHN .... and have no idea.

Probably so. I've seen members in line that I'd rather not talk to, and just passed by. I'm sure some of us have been ships in the night.