Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Again... Murdy isn't actually saying anything. We already know there's a possibility for a HP show because they've done it in Japan and it was planned for Orlando.

To say this, I do think it does speak volumes that he is finally at-least addressing the elephant in the room, that the others have used Potter for the event.

That doesn't mean anything is happening, but it's still exciting nonetheless.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Slightly OT but I just watched The Lost Boys and, if it comes, it’s gonna be a solid house. They could use a ton of effects in the house(hopefully the catwalk over the Boardwalk to simulate flying over it); and a finale in the caves is a must. Definitely reminded me of HIVE with a mix of Vamp’ 55 like Legacy said

Slightly OT but I just watched The Lost Boys and, if it comes, it’s gonna be a solid house. They could use a ton of effects in the house(hopefully the catwalk over the Boardwalk to simulate flying over it); and a finale in the caves is a must. Definitely reminded me of HIVE with a mix of Vamp’ 55 like Legacy said
why wouldn't the finale take place in the place the actual film ends??

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I’m reading about construction of platforms and such for new water shows at Universal. Curious if and how they may use this for HHN.

One of the buddy’s I go to HHN with told me that they use to show horror movies on “water spray” screens on the water. Before my time, maybe HHN23 or a bit earlier. Anyone else recall that?

Hive was such an underrated house IMO. The cast was really on point which is perhaps why I enjoyed it so much. I’m cautiously optimistic this rumour is true.

Hive was such an underrated house IMO. The cast was really on point which is perhaps why I enjoyed it so much. I’m cautiously optimistic this rumour is true.

Hive looked amazing, and definitely seemed like a good maze. I think it could’ve been better had it not been a retrofit of Conjuring(which surprisingly it felt at home in those environments, but some scenes were really obviously Conjuring), and also if it had a facade.

Hive looked amazing, and definitely seemed like a good maze. I think it could’ve been better had it not been a retrofit of Conjuring(which surprisingly it felt at home in those environments, but some scenes were really obviously Conjuring), and also if it had a facade.
Yes, for me I enjoyed it, but it seemed a bit repetitive at some points...I mean, I'm putting it against the rest of the houses with very memorable scenes though

I agree that the Conjuring sets were hard to ignore. However, there was so much negativity with losing Conjuring that I had really low expectations for the house. I was therefore surprised and very happy with the end result.

It’s been pointed out here before but the event and houses are really a dynamic work in progress. I think Univesal did a fantastic job saving the house. Even with the obvious environments I think the scareactors did a great job and really imersed themselves in their job. By the end of October this was one of my favourite houses.

So, to your point ... another vampire house, this time based on a solid IP and with time to properly plan. Yes please!

I agree that the Conjuring sets were hard to ignore. However, there was so much negativity with losing Conjuring that I had really low expectations for the house. I was therefore surprised and very happy with the end result.

It’s been pointed out here before but the event and houses are really a dynamic work in progress. I think Univesal did a fantastic job saving the house. Even with the obvious environments I think the scareactors did a great job and really imersed themselves in their job. By the end of October this was one of my favourite houses.

So, to your point ... another vampire house, this time based on a solid IP and with time to properly plan. Yes please!

I think the most obviously Conjuring scenes were the crib room(Annabelle), the room with the hanging bodies(Conjuring 2 Living Room), and the Basement with the mirror(Amityville). Besides that they did a MUCH better job saving that house than they did with Scream/Purge, although they had more time for Hive than the latter. Anyways, if The Lost Boys comes I’m wondering if they’ll incorporate any of the fighting scenes into the maze as show scenes

I think the most obviously Conjuring scenes were the crib room(Annabelle), the room with the hanging bodies(Conjuring 2 Living Room), and the Basement with the mirror(Amityville). Besides that they did a MUCH better job saving that house than they did with Scream/Purge, although they had more time for Hive than the latter. Anyways, if The Lost Boys comes I’m wondering if they’ll incorporate any of the fighting scenes into the maze as show scenes

Hive would have been far better if the facade had been newspaper headline clippings setting up the story. A small detail, sure, but to me it would have given the house more of an identity.