Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

To say this, even if I hadn't have info, AHS would be expected, as I would have to assume that they have to uphold the contract they set with Fox's FX.

It could disappoint people, I'd wager.

well that are going to be disappointed one way or another. not sure why this needs to be kept from people.

So the houses that generally we should expect are:

- Halloween
- AHS

Now, given how IT is supposedly coming to HW but potentially not Orlando they would need an IP to help bring in crowds besides ST since that’s shared. Probably a far off guess but could Conjuring be an Orlando exclusive if IT ends up a HW exclusive?

That's fair.

That said, another thought could be that it would be a bad idea, as the maze that may not happen, could happen eventually. It could put some people on the line.
That's part of it. I've built a lot of cachet over the years that came from alluding more than proclaiming. This is an unusual year, so I'm being more cautious about what WILL happen versus what CAN happen.

That, and presenting stuff the way I do drives conversation. People may hate me for it (*waves*), but I'm more interested in a lively bored than just "being right."

Now, given how IT is supposedly coming to HW but potentially not Orlando they would need an IP to help bring in crowds besides ST since that’s shared. Probably a far off guess but could Conjuring be an Orlando exclusive if IT ends up a HW exclusive?

If IT is coming to Hollywood, it's coming to Orlando.

(It's not coming to either, tho, if I was a betting man)

As Skip said, it's too big of a property to be locked to one over the other.

(It's not coming to either, tho, if I was a betting man)

I guess I’ll lower my expectations, but hopefully there’s still hope. In that case it would make sense to assume that:

- AHS is a def lock
- Halloween is a lock due to it being a Blumhouse & Uni production
- TrT since it could reuse props
- Stranger Things since it’s confirmed
- The Thing since Uni property(although I could see this being a HW exclusive)
- An Orlando Exclusive IP(IMO maybe Alien, NoES, or The Lost Boys)

So given that my guess is that IT, Conjuring, NoES and The Lost Boys might not be happening

Someone was VERY cocky/argumentative like 2 months ago about what the lineup was going to be and I would like that person to have a plate of crow! I can't remember who it was and I don't feel like rifling through the 90 pages of this thread, but I would like that person to own it and report for public shaming! I thought it was way to early to be so confident about things.

I guess I’ll lower my expectations, but hopefully there’s still hope. In that case it would make sense to assume that:

- AHS is a def lock
- Halloween is a lock due to it being a Blumhouse & Uni production
- TrT since it could reuse props
- Stranger Things since it’s confirmed
- The Thing since Uni property(although I could see this being a HW exclusive)
- An Orlando Exclusive IP(IMO maybe Alien, NoES, or The Lost Boys)

So given that my guess is that IT, Conjuring, NoES and The Lost Boys might not be happening

To say this, why are people thinking that Halloween is coming (regardless of it being a joint Universal/Blumhouse Production)?

The film is being kept on an incredibly tight leash, and that it may be a challenge to have a maze based on something that is trying to keep spoilers to a minimum to where they may be smarter to wait till 2019, so they can market it more right on the money without having any spoilers shoved in.

Just my stance, with no real backing to prove it.

To say this, why are people thinking that Halloween is coming (regardless of it being a joint Universal/Blumhouse Production)?

The film is being kept on an incredibly tight leash, and that it may be a challenge to have a maze based on something that is trying to keep spoilers to a minimum to where they may be smarter to wait till 2019, so they can market it more right on the money without having any spoilers shoved in.

I was thinking that too but Blumhouse had 2 promo houses at HW last year(HDD & Insidious). Although Halloween has been very more under wraps than either of those films were.

What spoilers can there be for Halloween? That Michael Myers kills people? It doesn't have to have any major story material, it can just be generic promo for the new movie.

I'm on the "Halloween is coming this year" train, but there is a point here.

The movie isn't slated to come out until the event is almost over. Plus, it sounds like there may be a twist or two on the premise. Those possible twists may make avoiding major spoilers in the house too difficult.

What spoilers can there be for Halloween? That Michael Myers kills people? It doesn't have to have any major story material, it can just be generic promo for the new movie.

Laurie Strode AKA Jamie Lee Curtis the original/franchise heroine is back and they are going to rewrite her story, so there is a lot of potential meat compared to your average slasher sequel

I was thinking that too but Blumhouse had 2 promo houses at HW last year(HDD & Insidious). Although Halloween has been very more under wraps than either of those films were.

To say though, Halloween is a franchise that is iconic in the Horror industry, and with Rob Zombies films not being as received well, they may be safer to keep it more under wraps, especially with it being a direct continuation of Halloween 2 from the 80's.

I have a feeling that while it will have elements like that, Blumhouse and the crew involved in writing may of have a story that while yes, has that, goes more deeper to Strode after Halloween 2, and what she has had to deal with since then at the hospital.

idk I think a Halloween house can be done with minimal story elements, and it would be hugely popular. Just no Truth or Dare :chainsaw: and I'll be happy.

I can't imagine a Truth or Dare house coming unless it's part of a mashup house and even then, the "smiley" faces would probably be really hard to pull off with makeup or costumes.... It's not a mask it's just people with weird stretched out smiles would be I have no idea how they would pull that off lol.

I can't imagine a Truth or Dare house coming unless it's part of a mashup house and even then, the "smiley" faces would probably be really hard to pull off with makeup or costumes.... It's not a mask it's just people with weird stretched out smiles would be I have no idea how they would pull that off lol.
It'd be pretty easy with facial prosthetics, wouldn't even need costumes other than clothes, lol. Would probably be a similar house to Evil Dead in 23, with less gore.

If Blumhouse needs representation at every event now, why not mix it up with a Benji house.
Benji (2018 film) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
The two things I am going to be sad about if they are not true are
1: The Thing- This one seems like it can drop in or out and they can do whatever they want with it whenever they want, so I'm nervous. It's my favorite rumor for this year.
2: At least a partial 80's theme- I feel like they could give the event a memorable personality and wouldn't need an icon if they went this route and I was an 80's kid, so again, I selfishly want this quite a lot.

It would be awesome, Lost Boys seemed like a red herring from the start, I can see saving new Halloween until next year, I'd like Alien and NoES whenever, I wasn't into this season of AHS,and I don't know how TrT isn't a lock, but wouldn't be destroyed if it didn't come.
I'm indifferent on the Conjuring movies and absolutely hate the charlatans the films were "based" on, so I don't care if I never see a maze based on that.
And if all else goes to crap, I love Stranger Things.

The two things I am going to be sad about if they are not true are
1: The Thing- This one seems like it can drop in or out and they can do whatever they want with it whenever they want, so I'm nervous. It's my favorite rumor for this year.
2: At least a partial 80's theme- I feel like they could give the event a memorable personality and wouldn't need an icon if they went this route and I was an 80's kid, so again, I selfishly want this quite a lot.
:agree::agree: if Thing was a herring I'll riot.