Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Okay so American Horror History, how are they gonna avoid the political stuff of this season?
Also, Are we gonna have a house like Shinning but Instead of Jack we just see Evan Peters over and over and Over?

Okay so American Horror History, how are they gonna avoid the political stuff of this season?
Also, Are we gonna have a house like Shinning but Instead of Jack we just see Evan Peters over and over and Over?
There really isn’t a lot of political stuff this season though, at least what is there is completely avoidable. The show, for the most part, has transitioned from decent home-invasion scares to crappy Fight-Club-lite screaming. It won’t (or shouldn’t) be a mega-house, but Universal can find ten scenes that avoid overt politicization. Avoid the rally shooting and... yeah.

I’m not totally caught up yet, but Cult actually would be super easy to adapt into a house. The political elements are almost entirely separate from the horror ones, so it’d be very easy to cut.

Here’s how I see it going: almost the entire season is set inside surburan houses and small locations so it can fit easily in one of the tents. The clown cult will be the bulk of the scares, and their masks are creepy/different enough that hopefully it won’t be the same issue as Krampus where everyone looks the same. Also, throw in a couple of the weirder scenes (e.g. Twisty hallucination, Andy Warhol and Valerie Solanas, the locked room in Kai’s house) to shake things up.

Thanks to SNW, were most likely losing the Parade Building. Additionally, none of the properties speculated for next year fit the bill of a mega house, which might mean the SS21 house could be done similar to how it was done in 23, housing two houses. That said, I think the lineup might be...

AHS Cult: Sprung 2
Blumhouse’s Halloween: SS22
The Conjuring: SS21A
IT: SS21B
The Thing: Sprung 1
Stranger Things: SS24A
Nightingales 2: SS24B
New Original: MIB Tent
New Original: New Tent

Here’s want I want:
IT
Stranger Things
Gremlins
AHS(Don’t want it, but it’s happening I’m sure)
Blumhouse will be back
Then originals

Do you think they’ll move up to ten houses this year? It would spread crowds and hopefully make the back of the park have more to do
A tenth house wouldn’t be back there. Not next year.

If anything, I could see a merged park like was initially planned for 2012. Now that a hard-built theater for Bill and Ted isn’t necessary, it would work fairly well.

The 2012 plan was entry through IoA. The only open islands were Port, Seuss and Continent. The front and back crossways return to the Studios where Production Central, NYC, and Hollywood were open. That was the plan. (Also, in this plan, Bill and Ted was in T2).

With so much construction in the back of the park, this structure becomes really attractive.

House locations:

SOUNDSTAGES! At least 6 can fit with queue entrances scattered at crossovers and through the bowl courtyard. They fit 5 soundstage houses in 2004.

Other house locations
Shrek
Poseidon
Carnage Warehouse (queued through Marvel while island is closed)
Storm Force Tent (move the MIB tent to the Storm Force extended queue; queue through island)

Zone Locations
Point of Evil
Lost Continent
Backlot Crossover
Behind CitH Crossover
NYC
Hollywood
Production Central

Rides
Transformers
Fallon
Minions
Transformers
Mummy
Cat in the Hat

Shows
AoV at Mel’s
Fountain of Evil
Sinbad: Will and Grace edition (or Rick and Morty!)

A tenth house wouldn’t be back there. Not next year.

If anything, I could see a merged park like was initially planned for 2012. Now that a hard-built theater for Bill and Ted isn’t necessary, it would work fairly well.

The 2012 plan was entry through IoA. The only open islands were Port, Seuss and Continent. The front and back crossways return to the Studios where Production Central, NYC, and Hollywood were open. That was the plan. (Also, in this plan, Bill and Ted was in T2).

With so much construction in the back of the park, this structure becomes really attractive.

House locations:

SOUNDSTAGES! At least 6 can fit with queue entrances scattered at crossovers and through the bowl courtyard. They fit 5 soundstage houses in 2004.

Other house locations
Shrek
Poseidon
Carnage Warehouse (queued through Marvel while island is closed)
Storm Force Tent (move the MIB tent to the Storm Force extended queue; queue through island)

Zone Locations
Point of Evil
Lost Continent
Backlot Crossover
Behind CitH Crossover
NYC
Hollywood
Production Central

Rides
Transformers
Fallon
Minions
Transformers
Mummy
Cat in the Hat

Shows
AoV at Mel’s
Fountain of Evil
Sinbad: Will and Grace edition (or Rick and Morty!)

Damn; 10 houses and 7 scarezones would(potentially will!) be amazing. They could also have enough IP’s to draw in crowds, and enough originals to draw in the hardcores. 28’s looking pretty good

IT is all I want. Maybe Stranger Things. Otherwise I just want to see houses as strong as this year with streets all as strong as Trick R Treat

I think a two park even is a non-starter. UOR doesn't want to shut down two park at 5pm anymore.

Only way I could see it is if the construction is way too much for the event to handle next year. But considering the dry run of the new KidZone queue setup seemed to go well, I’d imagine it will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a two park even is a non-starter. UOR doesn't want to shut down two park at 5pm anymore.
I agree, but could USF be kept open past 5pm if only the front half is open? The front half meaning the main entrance path from Despicable Me to the Library Facade.

But then you have two parks open til 1-2am. :cool:

It’s bound to happen. They have discussed it several times as an idea they will return to when the time is right. With HHN’s continued growth, and most of USF a construction zone again - it wouldn't be surprising to see that happen next year.