Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Like many others have stated, the Simpsons is giving me the classic monster vibe. Black and white turning to color in the rain reminds me of the classic monster house in which the monsters were black and white but turned colorful when lightning struck. As for sea lab my guess is bio shock, underwater structure just like rapture and salts were a major part of the 3rd bioshock game. The second guess is most likely me just looking for ways to make my dream house come true!

Is the clue related to what he is saying or his character design, a turtle?

Last edited:
The Sealab clip, with the turtle man, made me think just now of some kind of Dr Moreau inspired original house with human/animal spliced creatures. If it hasn't been done before then I think it would have the potential to be a fantastic house.

Reactions: jrn14
My process? I just dabble with this stuff - lol

Typically (after I have the concept in my head), I start with a “beat sheet” that just has a scene title/brief explanation. I’ve never exceeded 12 scenes when drafting those. Recently, I’ll draw concept art for scenes before doing the treatment. It’s less arduous to draw them on my iPad (using Procreate, Adobe Draw, or Graphic) then writing, and it helps me visualize what’s going to happen. (Most of the older stuff I did treatments first because they were easier to produce for me).

Typically, I’ll start drafting out a treatment from there. The treatment is writing a story. I consider coherency, pacing, and what makes each scene visually interesting. If the “story” takes me to a different scene from any I initially planned, I change. If a scene I initially planned bores more, I cut it. This is where I figure out character numbers. I may sketch out the house and scenes if I need to figure out layout or structure. It’s a pretty organic process.

The “formal” house layouts are where the real work is done. I’ll do a “hard” layout that formalizes the structure. My old stuff (like Calendar Fear) had no limitations. Now, I try to adhere to a specifications I know. Ghostlight was designed for Parade (B79). My current project (Dark Fortunes) is being designed for a 40x80 foot tent (like what Hollywood uses).

The 3D models are designed in SketchUp, a free, 3D modeling software. It’s the same software Uni uses. It’s got a rough curve, but you can do some amazing stuff with it.

Thanks for the details! I have written treatments for a few houses (my favorite being Twin Peaks) but have trouble visualizing the layout. I’ve dabbled in SketchUp, but my old laptop couldn’t handle it. Just got a new one and am looking to get back at it. Do you happen to know the dimensions for the Soundstages, specifically SS 24 (Scary Tales)?

Thanks for the details! I have written treatments for a few houses (my favorite being Twin Peaks) but have trouble visualizing the layout. I’ve dabbled in SketchUp, but my old laptop couldn’t handle it. Just got a new one and am looking to get back at it. Do you happen to know the dimensions for the Soundstages, specifically SS 24 (Scary Tales)?
I don't (at least, not off the top of my head), but give some time I can probably figure it out.

Reactions: JawsVictim

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts