Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could see Orlando getting Alien as an exclusive IP, if only for the budget. Just a guess but what if they considered 12 houses but with the big budget houses(ST2, Alien, Hill House, possibly Thing, whatever original that’s gonna go into SS24) and opted out of the extra 2 houses. Wonder if theyll bring back Poltergeist or pull a H4 and Frankenstein a house together from reused sets/IP for an 11th house like they did last year with the 10th house

Ok guys you’re gonna hate me here, but temper those Alien expectations ten fold. Wires crossed and didn’t think through the logic of the situation enough before posting. Now, is it still possible? Of course. But just put it down as a lower level rumor and keep expectations low.

Hey, great conversation was had here though :lol:

*ducks and hides*

Ok guys you’re gonna hate me here, but temper those Alien expectations ten fold. Wires crossed and didn’t think through the logic of the situation enough before posting. Now, is it still possible? Of course. But just put it down as a lower level rumor and keep expectations low.

*ducks and hides*
Well it was fun while it lasted.

Good. I’d rather have John Carptenter’s The Thing over Alien. Hoping Hellraiser is still in the running. Any word on us getting Pink Floyd’s The Wall?

Reactions: Kadath
Good. I’d rather have John Carptenter’s The Thing over Alien. Hoping Hellraiser is still in the running. Any word on us getting Pink Floyd’s The Wall?

Without knowing anything except the past, I’m gonna say that’s a no go unless some serious synergy goes down.

I hope if they do a Thing house, it can live up to Assimilation. Heard legendary things about that one. :)

Once again, since Thing was rumored last year, I’ll believe it when I see it. lEaKeD lIsT

Last edited:

*ducks and hides*

Whoopsie.
Well I will say stating you haven't been keeping up with the rumors -and- boldly stating it'll take a Scream-like fallout for this to not happen is a hilarious new one!

Here's a friendly refresher on the rumors besides the obvious Stranger Things.
Haunting of Hill House
KKfOS
Hellraiser
John Carpenters The Thing

Whoopsie.
You can say that again. I certainly had reason to throw the first post out there into the ether at the very least, it was the second one where I went from about 0 to 100 without fully making sure everything lined up.

Oh well, can't do anything about it now.

Reactions: therock
If we get The Thing I wonder if they’ll put it in a Sprung or Soundstage. Could see it going into Shrek too but the puppets might be too big to go into there

My guess, if they care about making it freezing, then soundstage is necessary. If not, it’s a good fit for the parade building in the vein of H2 and TrT. Mostly tight corridors with a couple of massive facade/setpiece scenes.

Reactions: Kadath
i won't be surpised if they reuse the 2011 Thing sets for the norwegian outpost. i also won't be surpised if they reuse this for the norris-thing.
tumblr_mlday7pAP81qmxq3to6_500.png

My guess, if they care about making it freezing, then soundstage is necessary. If not, it’s a good fit for the parade building in the vein of H2 and TrT. Mostly tight corridors with a couple of massive facade/setpiece scenes.

Yeah, the reason Assimilation was in a tent was because it took place in Florida.

Was really disappointed that The Shining wasn't cold.

When it comes to where the Thing would go, hmmm. It's interesting since this IP has been in a Sprung tent, parade warehouse and a soundstage.

For me I'm leaning towards a soundstage or parade warehouse, though I can see it working in a Sprung tent since the close quarters would lend itself to a intense house. (Not to mention the Sprung tent can have big puppets as shown by Slaughter Sinema.)

I think a deciding factor is whether or not they want snow effects, if so a soundstage is more likely.

However when it comes to cold, I don't think that's going to be a factor here. The only house that I recall people talking about being legitimately cold, was Winters Night in 2011. An that house was in SS 22...where it sounds like Stranger Things is going to occupy once again. For a house to be cold, it really needs to be in it's own soundstage. So with SS 22 taken, best shot is SS 25, but for some reason I feel Haunting on Hill House is going to take it.

So what is the likelihood of Hellraiser at this point? Hacker on the Hollywood forums says he hasn't heard anything. Hoping we get a few adult properties--Hill House would be one.

Also, sounds like The Thing might not be happening? It seems like the "snow" house Murdy hinted at is Holidayz in Hell.

If I had to take a guess at the IPs, it would be:
Stranger Things 2
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Haunting of Hill House
Happy Death Day 2U
Horrors of Blumhouse--Truth or Dare and Unfriended (very, very longshot guess)

Last edited: