The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the original Candyman had a ton of social messages so I’m not surprised by the new one. I know this isn’t a Candyman thread but pertaining to HHN…

I feel like the police brutality subplot could be a hindrance to it coming since Murdy seems to shy away from things like that(Get Out in ‘17). At the same time though the movie sounds like it could be a maze with the whole “Hive” idea in it and the multiple Candymen. I think TFP is the best point of comparison

If Candyman doesn’t happen I’m almost certain this will be why.

Don't think this has been discussed yet, but what's everyones thoughts on Bourne being open during HHN? Might be good to soak up some of the crowds. On the other hand, it may take some space and ambiance away from the Hollywood scarezone.

So based on the rumors so far what is everybody’s guess for the first house announcement this year?
A surprise.
Don't think this has been discussed yet, but what's everyones thoughts on Bourne being open during HHN? Might be good to soak up some of the crowds. On the other hand, it may take some space and ambiance away from the Hollywood scarezone.
I doubt it’ll happen only because they’d have pay for a second full cast to do a full day and a full night worth of shows.

Last edited:
So based on the rumors so far what is everybody’s guess for the first house announcement this year?

I tend to think that the first March announcement we get will be either: the return of Bill & Ted, the return of Jack (who was the first announcement of HHN 25), or the return of Terra Queen (whichever of those is coming this year).

As far as when the first HOUSE is announced, I think it will definitely be an IP instead of an original, as usual. Furthermore, a lot of the first house announcements are "series" IPs instead of movie IPs (Stranger Things 2x, AHS, TWD, etc.). So, I'm going out an a limb and predict that the first HOUSE announcement will be Haunting of Hill House (or whatever Netflix property they bring this year).

Reactions: Kadath

I think it’s more likely it’s used for a HHN show but eh who knows.

I tend to think that the first March announcement we get will be either: the return of Bill & Ted, the return of Jack (who was the first announcement of HHN 25), or the return of Terra Queen (whichever of those is coming this year).

As far as when the first HOUSE is announced, I think it will definitely be an IP instead of an original, as usual. Furthermore, a lot of the first house announcements are "series" IPs instead of movie IPs (Stranger Things 2x, AHS, TWD, etc.). So, I'm going out an a limb and predict that the first HOUSE announcement will be Haunting of Hill House (or whatever Netflix property they bring this year).
Haunting of Hill House is coming?

Whatever it is it’ll likely bookend the marketing for this year.

Guessing Jack will be the first formal announcement, but I’m not sure if that’ll entail a house announcement as well.

Haunting of Hill House is coming?

You said "A surprise". So, I'm guessing a surprise. And you've intimated in past posts that you're holding some clues of rumors back so we'll be surprised when they're announced. This would qualify as such. However, this is really just a guess as the only thing I'm actually confident in is that the first house announcement will be an IP, and that's just based on history of HHN announcements.

They usually have a "series" IP somewhere in the house lineup. I don't believe Stranger Things, AHS, or TWD are returning this year. So it's kind of a strategic guess that, of all the "series" IPs that could possibly come, Haunting of Hill House would be in that mix - plus season 2 should be coming in Sept/Oct - perfect timing.

Last edited:
You said "A surprise". So, I'm guessing a surprise. And you've intimated in past posts that you're holding some clues of rumors back so we'll be surprised when they're announced. This would qualify as such. However, this is really just a guess as the only thing I'm actually confident in is that the first house announcement will be an IP, and that's just based on history of HHN announcements.

They usually have a "series" IP somewhere in the house lineup. I don't believe Stranger Things, AHS, or TWD are returning this year. So it's kind of a strategic guess that, of all the "series" IPs that could possibly come, Haunting of Hill House would be in that mix - plus season 2 should be coming in Sept/Oct - perfect timing.
Ifrit already spoiled a rumor that serves as a “series IP.” Creepshow is in play, even though I didn’t do a clue for it.

Multiple TV series in Orlando would be a choice.

Reactions: Kadath
Ifrit already spoiled a rumor that serves as a “series IP.” Creepshow is in play, even though I didn’t do a clue for it.

The Chucky TV series could be another fit for an additional series IP since the rumor seems to just indicate Chucky himself and not the specific version.

*Purge too but it seems Orlando is burned on that one

Reactions: RevFreako
I’m usually just a lurker on here and love reading everyone’s spec, but something came to mind earlier...we’re all so excited for 30 but has anyone thought that Universal might acknowledge year 31 as a big year too, since 31 is significant to Halloween?‍

Let's just say if they'd do TWD again, I wouldn't mind it this time unless they actually utilize the characters from the show, instead of just throwing walkers and random survivors in the house with no explanation but that it's in "TWD Universe" you know, AHS shouldn't even be acknowledged anymore since now Fox belongs to the Mouse now. ST I could see them taking a break from, till maybe the next season next year and jump back on it if it is even possible for them too. The Purge could be a possibility for the future if not this year since now they don't have to only focus on the movies but also the show so I wouldn't doubt we would see entire Purge Universe in a zone, characters from each film, the show and the new film whenever it comes out.

Creepshow has to be the only guess that comes to mind, the maze was definitely cool in Hollywood, I would love to see what Orlando does with the house, I'm sure might probably be put in a tent, maybe MIB, with the facade being the comic book and possibly some projection screening of the Creep ushering us into the house. I'd think it'd be pretty cool at least unless they put it in the parade building and maybe give it the big block display to make it look like a comic book and leading us into the house the usual way we've been. Also since there is a season 2 happening, I wouldn't doubt them giving us the same film segments Father's Day, The Crate & They're Creeping Up On You and plus just three new episodes to promote the second season.

I’m usually just a lurker on here and love reading everyone’s spec, but something came to mind earlier...we’re all so excited for 30 but has anyone thought that Universal might acknowledge year 31 as a big year too, since 31 is significant to Halloween?‍

I haven't thought of that before. Good point!

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
Why are you guys so sure that Bill and Ted are going to come back? I know they have a movie coming out this year, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re coming back...

Reactions: Kichkinet85

Well I don't follow Ifrit, so I wouldn't have seen it unless posted here. I have Creepshow already on my projected "list" (which still looks potentially fairly accurate) I posted here a while back (Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation Thread) , so I don't really consider that a surprise at all. And I was just taking a stab at Haunting of Hill House - my point being there will be a TV series at HHN, I have no idea which one it will be, so I was just taking a swing with the caveat that it would likely be whatever Netflix property that Uni decided upon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.