The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So since my question got deleted when the site went down (and if you answered I didn't get a chance to see it), I'll ask @Legacy again - in your opinion, which rumor seems more likely (i.e. best chance of actually coming true) between Terra Queen and Billie Eilish.

Reactions: londonwerecat
So since my question got deleted when the site went down (and if you answered I didn't get a chance to see it), I'll ask @Legacy again - in your opinion, which rumor seems more likely (i.e. best chance of actually coming true) between Terra Queen and Billie Eilish.

Not Legacy, and I know nothing, but guessing Eilish just because it seemed to be the most concrete thing hinted at so far. Like, put Eilish up against anything else and I'd guess Eilish. So I don't think that's saying much.

I believe he in fact said they were of equal possibility.

Reactions: Kadath
From where I sit, they’re about the same.

Oh that's fantastic. You seemed pretty strong on Eilish. Terra Queen is honestly my favorite icon, so I'd be excited as hell to have her return in some capacity. Not sure they could still do the ritual with fire and stuff (since liability issues are trickier now than they were 15 years ago), but I'll certainly take what I can get.

I'm quite fine some sort of return of the Terra Queen. Definitely a good original character for some merch, and there's a nice bit of possibilities for a house.

House-wise, I did see some people suggest a collage of all the houses of HHN 15. I can see the reasoning because of the whole interconnected story that year had, but I'm gonna' say I hope not with an asterisk. I'm not hoping for a collage of all the houses since I've mentioned it before, while the backstory of 15 was amazing...the house lineup was not the best in terms of execution. Body Collectors was the clear standout, followed by Demon Cantina, and then you got Terror Mines which was wildly decisive depending on who you were with and who got the helmet. Everything else was so-so to straight-up BAD.

The asterisk in this statement is I wouldn't mind a collage of 15...if they were selective on what to include. Blood Thunder Alley with Demon Cantina, Cemetery Mines since we could go for a return of the KNUCKLEGRUNTS. Throw in the Blood Pits and Body Collectors, perhaps bookend the house with Terra Guard Run and the Terra Throne (with a dash of Eel-Mouth), and I think you've got something. You could squeeze in the Skool if you twist it up and have the kids in masks this time. Blood Ruins, Where Evil Hides and Cold, Blind, Terror could be skipped entirely. In fact, I don't recall how the latter two even connected to the whole backstory.

I'm quite fine some sort of return of the Terra Queen. Definitely a good original character for some merch, and there's a nice bit of possibilities for a house.

House-wise, I did see some people suggest a collage of all the houses of HHN 15. I can see the reasoning because of the whole interconnected story that year had, but I'm gonna' say I hope not with an asterisk. I'm not hoping for a collage of all the houses since I've mentioned it before, while the backstory of 15 was amazing...the house lineup was not the best in terms of execution. Body Collectors was the clear standout, followed by Demon Cantina, and then you got Terror Mines which was wildly decisive depending on who you were with and who got the helmet. Everything else was so-so to straight-up BAD.

The asterisk in this statement is I wouldn't mind a collage of 15...if they were selective on what to include. Blood Thunder Alley with Demon Cantina, Cemetery Mines since we could go for a return of the KNUCKLEGRUNTS. Throw in the Blood Pits and Body Collectors, perhaps bookend the house with Terra Guard Run and the Terra Throne (with a dash of Eel-Mouth), and I think you've got something. You could squeeze in the Skool if you twist it up and have the kids in masks this time. Blood Ruins, Where Evil Hides and Cold, Blind, Terror could be skipped entirely. In fact, I don't recall how the latter two even connected to the whole backstory.

I feel like 15 years later they've improved greatly at creating these houses. Not to say the houses back then were horrible or anything. Just that the advances in technology and from just having done this so long, I'd bet against a mash-up being complete garbage. But you never know, I thought Blumhouse at HHN28 with Happy Death Day was pretty bad, so I could be wrong for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
1582697482484.jpeg
New Candyman Poster

Also on the topic of HHN 15, if they possibly make a house for the Terra Queen they don't have to add every house and keep a certain houses and just have the monsters from the other houses that aren't featured still in the house in some form of way, with enough time that has passed and the way the houses are done now, I could see this house in the same vein as how the Nightingales house ended up like last year, it would be really stellar and awesome facade that serves a big homage to Terra Cruentas, memorable scenes from each house that year but the ending most importantly for the Queen herself.

Last edited:

Would you include The Storyteller in there somewhere given that the whole idea of HHN 15 was that TC was one of her storybooks brought to life?

I say do Blood Thunder in NY and everything else in the house.

Wasn’t WEH the “framing” of the story? As in, where the stories were being told? Not that I think it needs including.

Last edited:
Would you include The Storyteller in there somewhere given that the whole idea of HHN 15 was that TC was one of her storybooks brought to life?

Considering the Storyteller was tacked on to the event, nope. The whole idea of 15 was the Terra Queen/TC world and story, and if I recall the Storyteller was forced on the event via Hollywood who came up with her.

Considering the Storyteller was tacked on to the event, nope. The whole idea of 15 was the Terra Queen/TC world and story, and if I recall the Storyteller was forced on the event via Hollywood who came up with her.

Marketing, not Hollywood. One of the things I’ve heard was that the Terra bike wasn’t completed in time for media pics when Marketing wanted them, but I’ve also heard that they didn’t want to use the Terra Queen for media as well.:shrug:

Someone who has more inside info could answer better.

Terra Cruentas for that matter, was thought to be too convoluted for the GP

That's the one thing that has me slightly doubting this rumor. No matter how much creative might try to convince marketing that it's a good idea...15 years later...yadda yadda yadda....

They're just going to get blank stares and hear..."Yah, but that was 15 years ago, and how to you even pronounce that. Can't we just slap a clown on it?"

Reactions: Kadath
Status
Not open for further replies.