The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that sorta concept with the forest if they could stray people away from immediately thinking about the suicide forest which The Forest movie is based on and give it maybe a little inspiration from Slenderman or something, something in the forest that draws people to it, some kind of monster or creature, it'd be pretty cool to see what Universal would do with that, I'd love for them to do some type of Urban Legends house again and involving that concept with it, I mean after we were supposed to get a Chupacabra house back at 22 then it was taken away but 23 we were given La Llorana, it'd be cool to see them tackle the idea again make a new Urban Legend house involving the Forest and what evil thing could be within it.

As For Psycho, I mean after it being a staple in the past years and experiencing it at HHN 16, I mean I wouldn't mind returning to the Bates Motel again, enough time has passed that it would be great to see The Bates Motel sign and revisiting the Motel and Bates house, I would love to see where they would put it this time around I'm sure in one of the parade buildings in the back, not needing to make a grander facade, just the facade of the motel and the big Bates Motel neon sign, it'd be great, I'm sure they wouldn't make it one of the headlining ips but it'd be awesome to see it get that.

I like that sorta concept with the forest if they could stray people away from immediately thinking about the suicide forest which The Forest movie is based on and give it maybe a little inspiration from Slenderman or something, something in the forest that draws people to it, some kind of monster or creature, it'd be pretty cool to see what Universal would do with that, I'd love for them to do some type of Urban Legends house again and involving that concept with it, I mean after we were supposed to get a Chupacabra house back at 22 then it was taken away but 23 we were given La Llorana, it'd be cool to see them tackle the idea again make a new Urban Legend house involving the Forest and what evil thing could be within it.

As For Psycho, I mean after it being a staple in the past years and experiencing it at HHN 16, I mean I wouldn't mind returning to the Bates Motel again, enough time has passed that it would be great to see The Bates Motel sign and revisiting the Motel and Bates house, I would love to see where they would put it this time around I'm sure in one of the parade buildings in the back, not needing to make a grander facade, just the facade of the motel and the big Bates Motel neon sign, it'd be great, I'm sure they wouldn't make it one of the headlining ips but it'd be awesome to see it get that.
Ok for the whole forest idea I think it would be really cool if they had a house based in a forest but all the marketing for the house is a complete mystery! What’s in the forest? Zombies? Werewolves? Cabin with a demon summoning? Oh the possibilities are endless and could be so exciting!

Agree that the trailer is a good one.. and the movie looks like it has potential.. am I the only old fart who is annoyed that this story pretty much steals Bloody Mary's urban legend about looking in a mirror and saying her name? She was the original.. and she scared the living crap of my 12 year old self at a sleepover. I get chills thinking about it.

Agree that the trailer is a good one.. and the movie looks like it has potential.. am I the only old fart who is annoyed that this story pretty much steals Bloody Mary's urban legend about looking in a mirror and saying her name? She was the original.. and she scared the living crap of my 12 year old self at a sleepover. I get chills thinking about it.
I’m sure Clive Barker was heavily inspired by it.

So, is this panel open to the public? Sorry.. didn't follow what peacock live is. Wondering if I need to head to LA for a weekend..

Interesting that all four parks are represented for this. Kinda makes you think that if something was to be announced it would be for all four events. Would be strange to have them all there, and only talk about something only one or two are actively working on.

last time we had a big multi-park announcement like this was Stranger Things Season 1. It was THE IP at the time and huge news. This feels like something similar is in the pipeline. What IP’s do you think would generate this level of excitement? For me I’d say if an IP it’s likely to be one of the following:

1. IT
2. Conjuring

My guess though is something more nuanced. Inspired by Cabin in the Woods, what if all four parks have an original which are all linked together to tell the whole story? Cabin in the Woods had this concept where different areas in the world did their own thing, to ultimately achieve the same end. All were connected, yet separate stories. it would be cool to see something like this, but would Murdy’s ego allow this to happen? Time will tell I guess.

Interesting that all four parks are represented for this. Kinda makes you think that if something was to be announced it would be for all four events. Would be strange to have them all there, and only talk about something only one or two are actively working on.

last time we had a big multi-park announcement like this was Stranger Things Season 1. It was THE IP at the time and huge news. This feels like something similar is in the pipeline. What IP’s do you think would generate this level of excitement? For me I’d say if an IP it’s likely to be one of the following:

1. IT
2. Conjuring

My guess though is something more nuanced. Inspired by Cabin in the Woods, what if all four parks have an original which are all linked together to tell the whole story? Cabin in the Woods had this concept where different areas in the world did their own thing, to ultimately achieve the same end. All were connected, yet separate stories. it would be cool to see something like this, but would Murdy’s ego allow this to happen? Time will tell I guess.
It's a big reason why I never expected an announcement for HHN at Peacock Live. They can hype the event without announcing anything. If anything, each park would possibly announce own of their own exclusive houses.

The important thing to remember is that the events all work independent from each other. So, for example, if Singapore announces one of their originals it gives the other people an opportunity to fawn without implying a competition.

I don’t get all the hate for Murdy
Black walls.
Burned bridges.
Overall arrogance.

There are reasons.

It's a big reason why I never expected an announcement for HHN at Peacock Live. They can hype the event without announcing anything. If anything, each park would possibly announce own of their own exclusive houses.

The important thing to remember is that the events all work independent from each other. So, for example, if Singapore announces one of their originals it gives the other people an opportunity to fawn without implying a competition.

Yep totally get this. Hence why I went down the “originals that kinda link together” route for this. These are four very different markets with different cultural influences, demands, budgets and demographics. It is very difficult to find an IP with such worldwide appeal, and even the ones I mentioned probably don’t fit that bracket.

However, as a business you want to streamline things. Consolidate where you can, create efficiencies and save on costs. So why make what was essentially a “US centric” event like Peacock global with the introduction of the other parks? Yes, introducing the US market to the other parks and see what they offer, but I’d wager there’s maybe more at play here than meets the eye.

Could be the first steps of trying to consolidate the event in some way or form. Wouldn’t surprise me at all as that seems to be the way of things right now

Last edited:
Yep totally get this. Hence why I went down the “originals that kinda link together” route for this. These are four very different markets with different cultural influences, demands, budgets and demographics. It is very difficult to find an IP with such worldwide appeal, and even the ones I mentioned probably don’t fit that bracket.

However, as a business you want to streamline things. Consolidate where you can, create efficiencies and save on costs. So why make what was essentially a “US centric” event like Peacock global with the introduction of the other parks? Yes, introducing the US market to the other parks and see what they offer, but I’d wager there’s maybe more at play here than meets the eye.

Could be the first steps of trying to consolidate the event in some way or form. Wouldn’t surprise me at all as that seems to be the way of things right now
They're still nowhere close to centralizing things, especially with regard to HHN. There are still too many variables between locations, which requires too much localized expertise in park operations, contracting laws, and general resourcing. It would take years of gradual movement and growing inter-dependency to get to where HHN is centralized.

Besides, Peacock Live always had a "global" aspect to it. They have a "global" panel (that people started suspecting would focus on Epic Universe) already on the docket that has nothing to do with HHN.

Peacock is a synergistic, Comcast-level event. And while the parks are heavily involved, they're making no promises about announcements occurring. It's better to not expect it and be surprised, than get all hyped up about something that very possibly won't happen.

They're still nowhere close to centralizing things, especially with regard to HHN. There are still too many variables between locations, which requires too much localized expertise in park operations, contracting laws, and general resourcing. It would take years of gradual movement and growing inter-dependency to get to where HHN is centralized.

Besides, Peacock Live always had a "global" aspect to it. They have a "global" panel (that people started suspecting would focus on Epic Universe) already on the docket that has nothing to do with HHN.

Peacock is a synergistic, Comcast-level event. And while the parks are heavily involved, they're making no promises about announcements occurring. It's better to not expect it and be surprised, than get all hyped up about something that very possibly won't happen.

fair enough. Going through a lot of “centralisation, synergies and cost savings” at work and this looked similar to what I’m seeing atm. But yes agreed hard to centralise and integrate markets across continents where the laws, regulations, and cultures are very different. Not impossible, just very hard and running the risk of losing what distinguishes your product in that local market

Reactions: johnathanm
Status
Not open for further replies.