Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted a few days ago by an actor. I don’t quite understand why they would post about the conjuring

Casts wouldn't know yet. They're given codes to prevent any leakage.

After watching the trailer for the final purge, the movie looks awful but I would love to see some of those new masks in a zone.
All the purge iterations at HHN have been super fun...Wouldn't mind seeing it back again

I am in the opposite camp. No more Purge. :lol:

I love the Puge franchise, love the movies, but I do feel for those who attended during the Purge years in HHN, since it was a lot, but I wouldn't mind it coming back. I highly doubt it for this year though, let alone at all.

Reactions: HHNObsession
I'd welcome back a Purge scarezone, they were always fun. Replace Creepshow with it and I'd be happy since I don't see the need for both a Zone and a House.

A house? Not so much. Though I do kinda feel bad that they were never given a real house, just late makeovers and a few rooms in Blumhouse, but the IP itself really fits the streets.

Creepshow has so much more to pull from than Purge. It warrants a SZ and house, especially considering we’ve already had plenty of Purge content at the event.I wouldn’t be surprised if Purge is back on deck for next year.

Creepshow has so much more to pull from than Purge. It warrants a SZ and house, especially considering we’ve already had plenty of Purge content at the event.I wouldn’t be surprised if Purge is back on deck for next year.
Creepshow might have plenty, but I feel like I'd prefer a house over a house and scare zone. The comic book format lends itself well to a good anthology house, with The Purge is much better served as a scare zone.

Honestly, I'm not wild about something getting both a house and scare zone in the same event. I'd prefer to spice up the variety rather than just latching down two things to the same idea.

Last edited:

Since we have nothing else to speculate on, I'll go off on a tangent :)

Other than the year that "the entire park is a TWD scarezone" and they had a house, we've never had an IP with both a house and a Zone. I'm not an HHN historian, have only been going since 14, and only go a few nights a year so I could be wrong. It's something pretty much unprecedented except for the one TWD year, but we can all agree TWD was the biggest IP in horror at the time so it kinda made sense. But everybody hated it, so it just kinda slipped away.

After the Trick or Treat Zone started the "Trick Or Treatment" theme with Killer Klowns, I think if they have an IP house plus scarezone, people are going to expect that. People thought/expected Zombieland to be getting the "Trick Or Treatment" for 30. Then having Beetlejuice at the event and it "doesn't warrant both a house and a zone" while Creepshow does is a bit of a stretch. I think it just sets a bad precedent for people expecting an IP to have both a Zone and House each year.

We all know how the big fans are (hell, we ARE them) and I just think it's confusing. Now, going by rumors and stuff it makes TOTAL sense. Uni planned a Creepshow house, were mid progress in it, and then had Billie forced on them so they pivoted to a Zone. Fast forward a year long pandemic and Billie is out and they already have a house plan for Shrek ready to go so on the (relative) cheap and they want to use it. Makes sense...but since when have fans cared about practicality?

I just see next year, when we're back to normal, and they announce the first couple IPs and people are trying to guess which one is getting a zone too....and then being let down if it's none.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I'd welcome back a Purge scarezone, they were always fun. Replace Creepshow with it and I'd be happy since I don't see the need for both a Zone and a House.

A house? Not so much. Though I do kinda feel bad that they were never given a real house, just late makeovers and a few rooms in Blumhouse, but the IP itself really fits the streets.
The Purge house that replaced Scream was a lot of fun, and the zone in NY was obviously just chaotic and fun as well

It's definitely a goofy franchise, but I've always enjoyed it for its crazy

This is apparently the end of the franchise. I say give it one last super good scarezone or house as a farewell - Universal (the company, not the park) as well as Blumhouse owes a hell of a lot to the franchise.

It's been 3 years since the last feature of The Purge. I'm fine with a non-headline addition, especially if the new movie does well.

The Purge house that replaced Scream was a lot of fun, and the zone in NY was obviously just chaotic and fun as well

It's definitely a goofy franchise, but I've always enjoyed it for its crazy
The Purge really lends itself well to a scare zone, given the chaotic nature of the whole idea. I'm not even that much of a fan, but considering the final movie is coming out, I'd be fine with one more scare zone where they go big and really run with that idea of marauders trying to extend the Purge.

AFAIK - Purge will not be coming back for the foreseeable future. Besides the fact that the sponge has been wrung dry, it's just asking for headaches. The last time they had the zone, they had to make changes due to several mass shootings; and with certain subject matter being hot topics - it's just not worth it.

The only way I ever see it is if it's a last-minute change and they have no other option.

Counterpoint: I loved walking through Hellbilly Deluxe leading to HoaTC. If it’s two adjacent IPs or two adjacent themed based on the same IP, I find it adds to the atmosphere.

Agree. I spent so much time in that area.

On another note, another CDC announcement on the way removing need for masks for vaccinated people in most indoor situations. Not sure how/if this affects the phases that Orange County is operating under.

Any speculation if the b1g1 tickets are coming back this year?

I love that option since driving up from Miami, and getting grandma to watch the kids multiple weekends is a pain. Allows us to go 2 nights in a row and not have to buy extra tickets.

Any speculation if the b1g1 tickets are coming back this year?

I love that option since driving up from Miami, and getting grandma to watch the kids multiple weekends is a pain. Allows us to go 2 nights in a row and not have to buy extra tickets.

Not saying it's out - but I think it would've been on sale already if they were planning on it. Weird year though, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.