Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait really?

Yes, but it's pretty limited and ONLY available for walkup purchase during the night of the event I believe. You can't purchase them in advance. But I think some people have bought them earlier in the day/night just with the caveat that they weren't active until 10pm. Go in, buy the express, enjoy a dinner, check out the zones and maybe a show, then at 10pm express through all the houses and then maybe hit up a couple of your favorites in the regular queue after 1am when the crowds die way down.

For those expecting an announcement...

Sigh ... I've been keeping an eye on the Express prices and was considering just buying Sunday, Sep 19 and Sunday, Sep 26 (our first and last HHN nights) and leaving Wed/Thurs alone instead of waiting for Express on multi-night passes, and they went from $89.99 to $109.99 today. Ironically, the Wednesday night is now the only one still at $69.99, so it must be the least-sold single night ticket day so far. At least we should have a light Wednesday! I knew they would go up, but I didn't think they would go up after a week. I should have pulled the trigger. Now I'm 2x nights at $20 higher for 2 people, or rolling the dice on multi-night with Express and getting it for all four.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
Sigh ... I've been keeping an eye on the Express prices and was considering just buying Sunday, Sep 19 and Sunday, Sep 26 (our first and last HHN nights) and leaving Wed/Thurs alone instead of waiting for Express on multi-night passes, and they went from $89.99 to $109.99 today. Ironically, the Wednesday night is now the only one still at $69.99, so it must be the least-sold single night ticket day so far. At least we should have a light Wednesday! I knew they would go up, but I didn't think they would go up after a week. I should have pulled the trigger. Now I'm 2x nights at $20 higher for 2 people, or rolling the dice on multi-night with Express and getting it for all four.

They USUALLY allow you to upgrade your tickets to bigger packages. If you buy what you need and then Rush of Fear plus Express becomes available as it has in years past (every night in Sept for $330ish), call customer service and they'd be happy to take more money from you and allow you to have express all the nights of your visit. That's assuming this year is business as usual.

They USUALLY allow you to upgrade your tickets to bigger packages. If you buy what you need and then Rush of Fear plus Express becomes available as it has in years past (every night in Sept for $330ish), call customer service and they'd be happy to take more money from you and allow you to have express all the nights of your visit. That's assuming this year is business as usual.

Yeah, the whole "nonrefundable, non-transferable" talk in there made me weary of buying single night Express knowing I would be buying multi-night when the time came, or if for any reason trip dates changed (unlikely at this point). First time doing Express (potentially) but have done multi-night FF or FFP for HHN 26-29 and did RIP Tours at 28 (honeymoon) and 29. The first RIP Tour was amazing but the second one was just OK and made me want to go for Express on the passes instead. We also have friends we meet up with that usually don't have Express, so the economics of the two single-night Express on first and last night made sense. Now I'm kicking myself but oh well, it's just $80 lol.

Yeah, the whole "nonrefundable, non-transferable" talk in there made me weary of buying single night Express knowing I would be buying multi-night when the time came, or if for any reason trip dates changed (unlikely at this point). First time doing Express (potentially) but have done multi-night FF or FFP for HHN 26-29 and did RIP Tours at 28 (honeymoon) and 29. The first RIP Tour was amazing but the second one was just OK and made me want to go for Express on the passes instead. We also have friends we meet up with that usually don't have Express, so the economics of the two single-night Express on first and last night made sense. Now I'm kicking myself but oh well, it's just $80 lol.

I've converted single night express to a multi-day express ticket but it was a hassle cause they had to refund the order(s) so I could buy the new ticket. Which isn't that big a deal, if you have the money to buy the new pass and then wait for the refund(s)

Think I'm going to book my first RIP tour for a Friday night in September. It's best to book the earlier time slot available, right?

I personally prefer the 8 or 8:30 PM slot. If you do Stay and Scream, you can knock out 3 or 4 houses, grab a drink, and then do the RIP Tour where you do all the houses with no waits. The only way I'd advise against it would be if party members needed to be done earlier in the night for any reason.

Yes, but it's pretty limited and ONLY available for walkup purchase during the night of the event I believe. You can't purchase them in advance. But I think some people have bought them earlier in the day/night just with the caveat that they weren't active until 10pm. Go in, buy the express, enjoy a dinner, check out the zones and maybe a show, then at 10pm express through all the houses and then maybe hit up a couple of your favorites in the regular queue after 1am when the crowds die way down.
I was able to buy them at the front gate about an hour before the gates opened. So if you go with this option don't wait to get into the park, do it at the front gate. And if you're there at opening you can usually hit about 3-4 houses with minimal to no wait, while you kill time until it kicks in around 10pm. Remember only the stay and scream and the hardcore fans are usually there at 5pm on the dot. The general public shows up 7-9pm inexplicably and thats around the time lines get really long.

Ive also seen the express passes come back down in price. So don't take the price hike as permanent it's all about supply and demand.

Reactions: Neo
I was able to buy them at the front gate about an hour before the gates opened. So if you go with this option don't wait to get into the park, do it at the front gate. And if you're there at opening you can usually hit about 3-4 houses with minimal to no wait, while you kill time until it kicks in around 10pm. Remember only the stay and scream and the hardcore fans are usually there at 5pm on the dot. The general public shows up 7-9pm inexplicably and thats around the time lines get really long.

Ive also seen the express passes come back down in price. So don't take the price hike as permanent it's all about supply and demand.

Yeah, it definitely fluctuates. Going down is definitely more rare but certainly possible. There's clearly been a solid influx of buying excitement (and people buying single night because they believe the noise about multi-night going away) and several days of RIP are sold out already.

My original plan was to probably do RoF with Express as our last night is Sep 26, so the two nights at $89.99 each was more of a compromise item anyway. If RoF with Express lands at roughly $260 above the normal RoF price (was $250 higher in 2019 after the $25 mid-cycle increase), it would be the same as buying Sun, Thurs, Sun Express at their pre-increase prices and getting the Wednesday night Express (likely unnecessary) for free. I may roll the dice at this point and hope they drop multi-night by the 2nd or 3rd week of July before these go up yet again.

I personally prefer the 8 or 8:30 PM slot. If you do Stay and Scream, you can knock out 3 or 4 houses, grab a drink, and then do the RIP Tour where you do all the houses with no waits. The only way I'd advise against it would be if party members needed to be done earlier in the night for any reason.

Second the 8/8:30 slot. You're able to maximize house time that way (and even hit a few up after the tour is finished for the last 30-45 mins depending on event closing time).

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
So this may be a bit off topic, but I have seen a few tweets about Midnight Syndicate having live performances and it hit me. I wonder if they will work on the music for either the water show, jack show, or possibly have their own. Especially after having the connection with them selling the vinyls last year. Idk what do you guys think?

I have done this exact thing. I had FFP+Express but my group members did not. Got to the park at 5pm and bought the half night express for them at a tent just outside the arches before HHN even kicked off. Knocked out several run throughs of 4 of the back 5 houses (tents are the ones that tend to remain dead till 9/10 pm) and then had the last 3 hours with express to get through the remaining houses.

Last edited:
Is the rip really worth it? It’s about $300 per person, then add over $100 per person for the peak night admission ticket

Is the rip really worth it? It’s about $300 per person, then add over $100 per person for the peak night admission ticket

No. It was fun to do once, but felt like a waste of time and money. We spent more time stopping at bars than watching shows or exploring scarezones. IMO, a multi night ticket with express is the way to do this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.