Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 257 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get "lounge" music from? Because the best place for lounge music is ... a lounge. Which just fuels my speculation from the past couple days that maybe we'll see a "bar experience."
Admittedly, I have not had much sleep the past few days, but I do not recall seeing "lounge" in the casting call that was posted.

Edit:
Eff it, I woke up and chose violence, throwing this out there...what if they were adding "halloween music" to Celestina in Diagon Alley? :tease:

" Seeking Actors with a dress size 4-16, 5’6” and taller with a smokey lounge-style voice and commanding stage presence to portray female roles. "

That's from the full audition listing.

What do you guys think. Is the announcement tomorrow Texas Chainsaw Massacre or an original?

*If we have an annoucement (I get we have an expectation at this point but still).

As Joe pointed out, it’s kinda hard to see them not do SCarey next considering the big visible sign. Of course it’s never stopped them from curveballing before.

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
" Seeking Actors with a dress size 4-16, 5’6” and taller with a smokey lounge-style voice and commanding stage presence to portray female roles. "

That's from the full audition listing.

Thanks. So yeah, that doesn't sound like a Banshee or a stage show.

What if BJ isn't a barker for the house, but a barker (or host) somewhere else? Possibly a place with a lounge singer ...

1626290581514.png

Good thoughts here! Just to play devil’s advocate, Halloween Kills could have been put on the Hollywood spec map to throw people off the scent. Insiders have expressed interest in keeping the “mystery-ish” house a surprise, so ‍

EDIT: It could also be that HK is going to Hollywood, not Orlando, and Orlando is getting a different, unique IP in Shrek. But, just throwing ideas out. I tend to agree with you that HK on one coast would likely mean HK on both.

No need to play devil's advocate, apparently I missed an entire conversation in the Hollywood thread about how Halloween, both Kills and III, may be ditched entirely from the event. If that's the case, I'm moving back to the idea of SotL showing up in Orlando at the very least (regardless of whether I think it's a good idea or not).

As for insiders lying, I genuinely doubt (and hope) that isn't the case. I think tricky and vague clues, or even directly withholding information is totally fair game, nobody's required to reveal anything and someone in the know wants to keep a house a surprise, that's totally fair. And of course plans change, what may be true one minute may not be the next. But speculation does require some amount of trust, and if insiders are just straight up lying about what will or won't be at the event, then why bother with a spec thread? It would just be people upset about being misled, people who got excited for a property only to see it was never going to show up getting mad, insiders getting yelled at by a bunch of board members for something in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter. It's a lot of agita for something that should be fun.

Reactions: johnathanm
No need to play devil's advocate, apparently I missed an entire conversation in the Hollywood thread about how Halloween, both Kills and III, may be ditched entirely from the event. If that's the case, I'm moving back to the idea of SotL showing up in Orlando at the very least (regardless of whether I think it's a good idea or not).

As for insiders lying, I genuinely doubt (and hope) that isn't the case. I think tricky and vague clues, or even directly withholding information is totally fair game, nobody's required to reveal anything and someone in the know wants to keep a house a surprise, that's totally fair. And of course plans change, what may be true one minute may not be the next. But speculation does require some amount of trust, and if insiders are just straight up lying about what will or won't be at the event, then why bother with a spec thread? It would just be people upset about being misled, people who got excited for a property only to see it was never going to show up getting mad, insiders getting yelled at by a bunch of board members for something in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter. It's a lot of agita for something that should be fun.

Ya, I thought about this as well. I agree that insiders probably did not deliberately lie

Ya, I thought about this as well. I agree that insiders probably did not deliberately lie
These takes assume insiders have any obligation to the fans that participate in speculation.

If an insider wants to take a hit to their credibility by intentionally lying about what’s coming, that’s their prerogative. And, frankly, they don’t really have to explain themselves or answer to anyone about why they may have done it. If it results in genuine excitement over a genuine surprise, more power to them.

Last edited:
These takes assume insiders have any obligation to the fans that participate in speculation.

If an insider wants to take a hit their credibility by intentionally lying about what’s coming, that’s their prerogative. And, frankly, they don’t really have to explain themselves or answer to anyone about why they may have done it. If it results in genuine excitement over a genuine surprise, more power to them.

Agreed. My point was simply that I think it’s more likely someone got bad info than lied for a spec map. If someone threw HK in as a diversion, works for me; I’m glad we get a slight surprise

Uhg… I’m probably going to regret this.

Hint… Clue… whatever you want to call it.

And yes, it’s for an IP.

Ya’ll still assuming my hint was about Shrek.

HAHAHA!

That was some nice bait and switch

Although, let's assume for a moment that the link to Legacy's various haunts WAS a hint for Shrek

I get that people saw SotL and immediately thought that was it, but if you look at his treatment for Beetlejuice does Hollywood, you could make a case for Creepshow

Horror host in both? Check
Multiple stories in both? Check
A scene where a character is revealed to have bugs all over him? Check

Honestly, I am not going to bother speculating on what it could be any further than this, but I am enjoying the ride.

Reactions: johnathanm
Status
Not open for further replies.