Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A rumor that I heard last November was that both houses were very beat up and they were deciding whether to rebuild or replace them both.
Don’t mean to go back to this but what exactly about the houses could be beat up? I would assume costumes and some props may not be working the best anymore but I don’t see that being more expensive to fix then building a entirely new house?

Hate to be that guy, but I have been so out of the loop...have they announced dates yet or is it a wait and see before we announce anything?

Don’t mean to go back to this but what exactly about the houses could be beat up? I would assume costumes and some props may not be working the best anymore but I don’t see that being more expensive to fix then building a entirely new house?
Houses are chaotic. Guests and performers slam into walls, rub off paint, break finishes, etc. During most of the event, techs spend the day patching up and repairing obvious damage so it’s presentable/safe for guests. After thousands of people pass through, repeatedly breaking stuff, things start looking terrible by the end of the run.

Hate to be that guy, but I have been so out of the loop...have they announced dates yet or is it a wait and see before we announce anything?
I looked at when I booked last year and it was end of March for the promos. I'd guess we get delayed at LEAST a month from there; mid to end of April would be the earliest I'd expect it.

That's nothing but gut feeling, though. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait even longer.

It's usually structural/finishing issues from foot traffic, people stumbling into walls, etc. If you take one of the Unmasking the Horror tours later in the season you can see how rough it gets. This might be better because there wasn't the same quantity of people, and fewer of them were drunk than your normal HHN night.

Conversely, the houses were open for much longer than any normal HHN house, and the potential foot traffic for 10 houses was blown through just 2. I could see it going either way. :shrug:
Yeah I'm 50-50 on it, but if they're considering demoing and rebuilding as rumored it can't be in great condition.

Reactions: Darko
Houses are chaotic. Guests and performers slam into walls, rub off paint, break finishes, etc. During most of the event, techs spend the day patching up and repairing obvious damage so it’s presentable/safe for guests. After thousands of people pass through, repeatedly breaking stuff, things start looking terrible by the end of the run.
Yeah I'm 50-50 on it, but if they're considering demoing and rebuilding as rumored it can't be in great condition.
Even with the damage, the word around town is that they are not replacing Bride and Tooth. Saving on concept/design, overall structure, etc. is overall better than a refurb in the eyes of the those with power over the dollar. Same for HoHH(even if they change it to HoBM). It's also new to at least half of the normal audience that would be coming to HHN for 2021. However, things can always change, as we have painfully learned throughout 2020.

One thing I am hearing...so far.........is that the budget for this year will mostly be used to make killer zones.

Also, it's good to be back!

I do hope Brides and Tooth return. I want those who didn't experience them to be able to - because they were both outstanding.

At this point, I just don't see them replacing those two. Even a very heavy rehab has to be cheaper than designing, building, re-casting two new houses from the ground-up.

Put on top of that, the "feel bad" factor you'd get by replacing two well regarded houses that most didn't get to see because they chose to be safe, and it's a win-win in my book.

Even with the damage, the word around town is that they are not replacing Bride and Tooth. Saving on concept/design, overall structure, etc. is overall better than a refurb in the eyes of the those with power over the dollar. Same for HoHH(even if they change it to HoBM). It's also new to at least half of the normal audience that would be coming to HHN for 2021. However, things can always change, as we have painfully learned throughout 2020.

One thing I am hearing...so far.........is that the budget for this year will mostly be used to make killer zones.

Well I am definitely ok with that. The houses were good and maybe they can change a few things and improve them a bit while repairing. To be honest I am not a fan of HoHH but if that is what we get then so be it. But at least we will get amazing zones. I really hope we see something like the Shadybrooks Halloween Party zone from HHN25

Is there a rumor of HoHH being changed to HoBM? Personally if they incorporate Bly i hope its more of a combo like blumhouse and the first half can be HH and the last can be BM. I just don't know what you would call the house lol

I feel like HH was much better received/more popular than BM so I’m guessing just HH
That is kind of what I thought as well. The only way I could see them changing it is if Netflix asks to represent Bly to boost its popularity. I never finished Bly, but I don't remember any truly scary moments in the first 6 episodes so making a house on it would seem to be more difficult. Maybe they could change the final scene to show a marsh with the ghost lady to hint toward a bly house in the future?

Reactions: Kadath
At this point, I just don't see them replacing those two. Even a very heavy rehab has to be cheaper than designing, building, re-casting two new houses from the ground-up.

Put on top of that, the "feel bad" factor you'd get by replacing two well regarded houses that most didn't get to see because they chose to be safe, and it's a win-win in my book.
TBF - the houses are getting predominantly re-cast regardless. A lot the TF folks in 2020 were pulled from the BJ cast because of availability.

And converting Hill House to Bly requires renegotiations and reconstruction I don’t see Universal bothering with. There’s no reason for it.

Is there a rumor of HoHH being changed to HoBM? Personally if they incorporate Bly i hope its more of a combo like blumhouse and the first half can be HH and the last can be BM. I just don't know what you would call the house lol
There's no rumor at this time, but the house has reportedly been gutted of most of it's props or much recognition of it being HoHH, but the walls remain the same. So if things go sour with Netflix or they want to change it entirely, they have paved the way.

It's doubtful, but anything could happen.

There's no rumor at this time, but the house has reportedly been gutted of most of it's props or much recognition of it being HoHH, but the walls remain the same. So if things go sour with Netflix or they want to change it entirely, they have paved the way.

It's doubtful, but anything could happen.
Oh wow! Do they gut all of the houses like this or is it solely just this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.