Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulsing was great. That's one thing I will miss when HHN goes back to normal.
Pulsing is great but not obtainable at the current event level. We would be talking about capacity being obliterated. I would guess that capacity would be slashed by a factor of 4 at least. To achieve this I would imagine that ticket price would have to increase and removal of HHN passes. I could be wrong about how much capacity would be affected, and if someone knows more about that changes in capacity from pulsed to not pulsed let me know.

Reactions: RevFreako
As much as I wanted to love pulsing in houses I feel like I enjoyed houses better the old way. I got so tired of walking through a house just for a attendant to hold me for 30-45 seconds in the next section because the group ahead of us wouldn’t move. I thought it could just be a first few times kinda thing but it was basically every single time

Pulsing is great but not obtainable at the current event level. We would be talking about capacity being obliterated. I would guess that capacity would be slashed by a factor of 4 at least. To achieve this I would imagine that ticket price would have to increase and removal of HHN passes. I could be wrong about how much capacity would be affected, and if someone knows more about that changes in capacity from pulsed to not pulsed let me know.
There was a slow night a few years ago when they tried going to all pulsing for houses. Turned a 10-15 minute wait per house kind of night into a five house night. I recall hearing that they got murdered on surveys, and for good reason because everyone knew the place was deserted yet we’re all waiting 45-60 minutes.

The designers do an incredibly good job at building houses that make the most of the conga line reality of the event. Anything less than maximum throughput (under normal circumstances, health and safety needs aside) should be shunned imo.

Its not really a horror property but I still feel like Universal could making one hell of a house out of Mortal Kombat! The gore, costume designs, monsters, etc. could be incredible!!!

I don't think that would work. I love the game series and am excited for the new movie FINALLY being a Rated-R take on the franchise, but it's just too much kinetic energy. You aren't going to hire martial art experts who can do choreographed fights for 45 min straight. So it would have to be lame fake fighting with mostly "post fatality" scenes. Sure, you could have a triggered GET OVER HERE with Scorpion pulling another character towards them, but that's about as much action as you could get. You could have a Sub Zero do a hand motion and lights click on to a "frozen" dummy or something, but again, there's just not much they can do. What are the scares? Fighters, fighting for their lives, jumping out of boo holes? Doesn't make sense. Just random minions scaring you?

The game is just 1 vs 1 fighting so that makes it hard for scares. Unless the new movie has more of a "story" with situations that scares could make sense. Silent Hill and Resident Evil (I didn't go that year) were videogame adaptations that followed the movies and they involve situations where there are multiple bad guys threatening the protagonists simultaneously. There are also a wide range of baddies. Mortal Kombat, is basically one on one fights with gore. The "monsters" are all basically still humanoid or else the fighting mechanics of the game wouldn't make sense. Not a lot of variety and hard to translate to a house. Hopefully the new movie will prove me wrong.

I don't think that would work. I love the game series and am excited for the new movie FINALLY being a Rated-R take on the franchise, but it's just too much kinetic energy. You aren't going to hire martial art experts who can do choreographed fights for 45 min straight. So it would have to be lame fake fighting with mostly "post fatality" scenes. Sure, you could have a triggered GET OVER HERE with Scorpion pulling another character towards them, but that's about as much action as you could get. You could have a Sub Zero do a hand motion and lights click on to a "frozen" dummy or something, but again, there's just not much they can do. What are the scares? Fighters, fighting for their lives, jumping out of boo holes? Doesn't make sense. Just random minions scaring you?

The game is just 1 vs 1 fighting so that makes it hard for scares. Unless the new movie has more of a "story" with situations that scares could make sense. Silent Hill and Resident Evil (I didn't go that year) were videogame adaptations that followed the movies and they involve situations where there are multiple bad guys threatening the protagonists simultaneously. There are also a wide range of baddies. Mortal Kombat, is basically one on one fights with gore. The "monsters" are all basically still humanoid or else the fighting mechanics of the game wouldn't make sense. Not a lot of variety and hard to translate to a house. Hopefully the new movie will prove me wrong.
I was thinking more of a freddy vs Jason type of thing. Themed rooms for each character

Reactions: Midnight Detective
I was thinking more of a freddy vs Jason type of thing. Themed rooms for each character
Except Mortal Kombat isn’t structured where each character *gets* a room (except Shao Kahn’s throne room?). The stages are fairly neutral (and open, which has its own issues).

I actually think MK could work decently enough. The stages are varied and interesting with unique character designs. It only works in a kitschy way though where the fighters (characters) are weirdly trying to attack the guests.

Except Mortal Kombat isn’t structured where each character *gets* a room (except Shao Kahn’s throne room?). The stages are fairly neutral (and open, which has its own issues).

I actually think MK could work decently enough. The stages are varied and interesting with unique character designs. It only works in a kitschy way though where the fighters (characters) are weirdly trying to attack the guests.
Thats fair I was thinking scorpion could have the nether realm, Sub could have a room with ice (Maybe the woods from MK10), Reptile with the Deadpool, Shao Kahn Throne room, some kind of cave for Goro, etc.

Just thought I would bring this up since Creepshow is rumored as a zone.

Interestingly, no mention of Stephen King for the third season - and there's no way they wouldn't lean on it if he were involved. If I'm right, and he's not involved, presumably everything in the new season would be outside of his refusal to license for haunts.

Reactions: DannyPowers
Interestingly, no mention of Stephen King for the third season - and there's no way they wouldn't lean on it if he were involved. If I'm right, and he's not involved, presumably everything in the new season would be outside of his refusal to license for haunts.
I could be wrong but I believe he only did a single episode last season?

He didn't direct any of the stories in Season 1.

"Grey Matter" was a short story written by him that was adapted for the show. And was also a segment in Hollywood's Creepshow Maze.
He never directed anything other than Maximum Overdrive, unless I'm quite mistaken, and one of the stories in the animated special was his too - " Survivor Type."

He didn't direct any of the stories in Season 1.

"Grey Matter" was a short story written by him that was adapted for the show. And was also a segment in Hollywood's Creepshow Maze.
That's what I thought as well. Now that there is 2 seasons I'm very curious if the zone will use any segments from the films or solely the show. A dream would be a zone from the show and a house connected to it based on the films.

Status
Not open for further replies.