Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a IP is plausible?
Sure.
@Legacy @Brian G. with all of the lay off's that happened last year, and Epic being pushed back... Who is in charge of the HHN A&D duties? Sorry if it was mentioned else ware.
From my understanding, it’s still mostly led by Nathan. I heard Mike has shifted back into A&D to assist for the time being, but (from my understanding) he’s not “in charge.” I imagine he’ll shift back to Creative once a decision on EU is made.

It’s about what could replace Billie.

I figured it was. That's the intriguing part LOL. I just hope it's something they're excited to get as, with the other houses already built, they should be able to pour most of their collective creative juices into the Billie replacement house.

I figured it was. That's the intriguing part LOL. I just hope it's something they're excited to get as, with the other houses already built, they should be able to pour most of their collective creative juices into the Billie replacement house.
Time’s a factor. Most houses are typically designed by now. If they’re still negotiating for the house, then it’ll be under a bit of a crunch.

Time’s a factor. Most houses are typically designed by now. If they’re still negotiating for the house, then it’ll be under a bit of a crunch.
Yeah true. They were able to piece together the Us house pretty quickly though a couple years ago. Hopefully they can secure the property in the next few weeks and not fall too far behind. I wonder, if they have trouble locking in something relatively soon, if they'd just recreate a past original house as a fill-in since they could just use those designs from before? Of course, they'd have to change some of the scaling for Shrek if it was set in a different location previously. Might be a back-up option.

Do we know when they changed toothfairy to Us last year? And when they would of acquired the rights for it to make the change?

Do we know when they changed toothfairy to Us last year? And when they would of acquired the rights for it to make the change?
April.

It’s definitely something HHN can do. It’s not something I think they like doing. There’s also some added complications with the house going into Shrek because portions of that house are often built off property and installed later (which is less of an issue this year since the theater is still down, but still).

I can totally see this, especially for a normal year, but is there something also to be considered in the rest of the houses already being mostly finished/operations ready? (Obviously repairs and upkeep notwithstanding)

I fully understand they might want to keep the team the same size as a typical house team to avoid a "too many cooks" situation, but I think it isn't unreasonable to imagine them shifting more hands on deck considering there is less to be done than a typical year currently with regard to the total scope of houses.

@Legacy when you do get something concrete, can you do clues again?
Always liked when people banded together as a group to solve them.

If we revert back to years instead of our numbers, does that mean when technically we have a 35th and 40th year there will not be any fan service type content? Or will they spread it out through all the years to have an even balance?
TBH they give us sequels and mashup's throughout the years anyway.

So spec this year will be purely circled around ONE house. Ready for the chaos.
There's somethings up in the air if the IP holders balk at having their property up during the fall, but hopefully that isn't an issue. A lot of questions have been focused on the replace for BE, so not much is different.

I’m taking a hiatus from clues. I was already planning it, but a lot of stuff has popped up this year that’s taking all my bandwidth.
Hope it's all good things keeping you busy. You're a great presence, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Plus if it's only 1 or a couple more houses, it's gonna be hard to keep sources safe with smaller staffs after the cuts. No one should have their job in danger for an online forum.

It’s about what could replace Billie. When you’re talking about right holders, there are dozens of possibilities. Bringing it up would result in scatter-shot lists of wild guessing I’m not interested in seeing.

At the risk of inciting exactly what Legacy doesn’t want (and I’d pray that you respect his wishes and not turn this into a wish list thread), I think this is a clue in itself.

I think this is a house from the past, like JJ591 suggested.

It would fit perfectly with the theme of being a “retrospective year”, too, with two houses already dedicated to Icons and (S)Cary, and the other houses we (think) we know tied deeply into event lore (scarecrow spiritual sequel, universal monsters, long-time wish list items) ... so I speculate that this would be an untapped theme not covered in the other houses. And IF Legacy had said that outright, it certainly WOULD lead to a long tangent of wish-list houses that nobody wants to read about.

It COULD be an IP, but I take Legacy’s comment to mean “some rights holders are hesitant due to COVID”, though I suspect it could be read in the other way. I do know that Legacy’s talked about the IP well running dry, which to me contradicts with there being “dozens” of possibilities. But I won’t speculate on a theme or past house further, due to Legacy’s wishes.

At the risk of inciting exactly what Legacy doesn’t want (and I’d pray that you respect his wishes and not turn this into a wish list thread), I think this is a clue in itself.

I think this is a house from the past, like JJ591 suggested.

It would fit perfectly with the theme of being a “retrospective year”, too, with two houses already dedicated to Icons and (S)Cary, and the other houses we (think) we know tied deeply into event lore (scarecrow spiritual sequel, universal monsters, long-time wish list items) ... so I speculate that this would be an untapped theme not covered in the other houses. And IF Legacy had said that outright, it certainly WOULD lead to a long tangent of wish-list houses that nobody wants to read about.

It COULD be an IP, but I take Legacy’s comment to mean “some rights holders are hesitant due to COVID”, though I suspect it could be read in the other way. I do know that Legacy’s talked about the IP well running dry, which to me contradicts with there being “dozens” of possibilities. But I won’t speculate on a theme or past house further, due to Legacy’s wishes.
It’s not a clue. I’ve heard of a specific company that’s in negotiations with Universal. That company owns several IP rights that could theoretically appear. That’s all I’ve heard. I don’t even know which specific rights would have been discussed.

It’s not a clue. I’ve heard of a specific company that’s in negotiations with Universal. That company owns several IP rights that could theoretically appear. That’s all I’ve heard. I don’t even know which specific rights would have been discussed.

Excellent, thank you. That's very exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.