Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Carnival of Carnage is a show that seemingly works really well with Horror Nights's tone and style.

It can make digs where they want (like how B&T take potshots), but for all intents and purpose, it's a clever illusion show. One in which that I can see them expanding it's format and template into a proper theater space. Especially with the COVID pandemic still likely going to be an issue by the time October comes. Vaccinations, or not.

I also wonder about the lagoon, albeit. They have a legitimate method of having people queued up and holed up in that space, so I wouldn't even leave that out of the field of possibility to have another HHN themed lagoon show. They can even keep the first two scenes in proper format, the introduction of Marathon of Mayhem and the Classic Monsters scene. Then, you can have Halloween, Beetlejuice, and Hill House take up the IP's.
I’m not 100% sure about the lagoon show but didn’t they start the normal night time lagoon show not long ago? If they can do it for that I don’t see why they couldn’t for HHN.

It's hard to know where we will be with the pandemic in the fall so I'm not sure we'll have shows.

Yep, I feel like we’re definitely gonna get an HHN this year but I don’t know if I feel confident in saying it’ll be just like any other year. I feel like, as of now, we could still be looking at a slightly altered or modified version, but, time will tell.

Reactions: Grabnar and amar831
I was wondering about the show as well. If we even get a show my guess is it will be something like Jacks carnival of carnage but I love the idea of using all the icons instead of just Jack!
A Jack or Beetlejuice version of Bill & Ted would be fantastic

Beetlejuice would be a nice throwback to the OG Horror Nights days/Graveyard Revue

And Jack is the MIckey Mouse of HHN

So either could be cool

I hope Legacy is right and everything but Eilish comes back. Personally, I don't care about Hill House, but know a lot of people were excited for it so hope it returns.

I would LOVE to see this replace Eilish. I guess its a complete rip off of 5 Nights at Freddy's but I've never watched/read/played that. It would be simple enough to rip it off and do an all original one, but just from this 2 minute trailer I think having it as an IP would be amazing. Knowing NOTHING about this movie before seeing the preview, it just looks like an awesome and fun movie and you can't help but instantly think of it as a haouse at HHN. It wouldn't be anything to draw people in on name recognition, but as a direct to VOD movie it would probably be pretty cheap to buy the the rights and they'd probably love the attention to maybe drive some Blu-Ray sales.

You'd have Nic Cage screaming audio cues (worth the price of licensing alone), the facade is already outlined in the trailer, if you made the shirts available to purchase I certainly would buy one, and the song would just be stuck in your head after doing the house. It just has everything you could need for a house. Even if the movie is terrible, it would still make for a great house in my opinion.

That was just total baseless wishful thinking and not very helpful for speculating, so I'll add this:

I'm wondering if anybody has heard anything of substance about the event starting earlier or possibly being up to 7 days a week to try to recoup some lost money? I've seen random musings about that, but just wondering if it's something they'd try...especially if an alternative is to jack up ticket prices substantially. While they don't have to build all the houses this year, storing and preserving them has to have had extensive costs and headaches associated with it.

Mothballing the houses for a year is probably not the headache or as costly as one might think it would be. Think of it this way. It costs money to build the houses, conversely it costs money to -strike- them, too. It's been discussed that it was probably more cost effective to just pay the rent for an extra year than to pay the money to strike the houses they just built, and then pay more money to rebuild them. Add in the pandemic which may delay some procedures and it's easy to see how mothballing the houses is less of a hassle.

Not only that, it allows A&D to focus on the Shrek house replacement, and everything that wasn't designed or built yet.

As for WW, it certainly looks inspired from FnAF, but I wouldn't say it's a -complete- rip off since nothing from FnAF has your main character going on a violent rampage against the animatronics, let alone fighting them. Also....

I mean with puppet theater we get something close to it. If it is Puppets or Animatronics it still can be creepy. So I don’t think they will touch sth like FNF for this year or next year

The FnAF film is being done by Blumhouse, so that connection makes it more possible to eventually end up as a house whenever it comes out. (An why WW or an original take probably isn't happening.) Also, production is supposed to start this Spring. We all know HHN goes after "Strike While the Iron is Hot" properties whenever possible, "US" was one of them as they were willing to knock out Tooth Fairy to put it in, or add it as a 11th house beforehand. An Billie Eilish was an example of having to drop something with the window being gone. Considering the IP and who's making it, I wouldn't count' FnAF out from 2022 spec or beyond. Naturally that's not till next year, so 'nuff said about that.

Reactions: Darko
I heard some musings on ticket pricing for 2020 before the event was canned and I can confirm that the Fear passes pricing were going up around 15% or so.
Yeah I kind of expected that they will raise the price and try to make it less attractive for people so they might just go once or twice and limit crowds that way

Reactions: Darko
Mothballing the houses for a year is probably not the headache or as costly as one might think it would be. Think of it this way. It costs money to build the houses, conversely it costs money to -strike- them, too. It's been discussed that it was probably more cost effective to just pay the rent for an extra year than to pay the money to strike the houses they just built, and then pay more money to rebuild them. Add in the pandemic which may delay some procedures and it's easy to see how mothballing the houses is less of a hassle.

Not only that, it allows A&D to focus on the Shrek house replacement, and everything that wasn't designed or built yet.

As for WW, it certainly looks inspired from FnAF, but I wouldn't say it's a -complete- rip off since nothing from FnAF has your main character going on a violent rampage against the animatronics, let alone fighting them. Also....

The FnAF film is being done by Blumhouse, so that connection makes it more possible to eventually end up as a house whenever it comes out. (An why WW or an original take probably isn't happening.) Also, production is supposed to start this Spring. We all know HHN goes after "Strike While the Iron is Hot" properties whenever possible, "US" was one of them as they were willing to knock out Tooth Fairy to put it in, or add it as a 11th house beforehand. An Billie Eilish was an example of having to drop something with the window being gone. Considering the IP and who's making it, I wouldn't count' FnAF out from 2022 spec or beyond. Naturally that's not till next year, so 'nuff said about that.
Texas could be our “Strike while the iron is hot” house this year with the new movie releasing. And as much as I don’t wanna say it The Forever Purge also drops this year and is supposed to be the final purge movie so that could have a chance.

Reactions: Kadath
I could see then taking creepshow zone and making it a house in shrek and using the purge to replace it
No I think that a Creepshow house wouldn’t happen before they did the zone. From what I heard in Hollywood about the house from first timers and a few GP friends they didn’t really like it and found it confusing. So I think purge would be a cheaper IP to do and would probably be more popular and well known

If all goes well with Florida and the recovery from the pandemic, how likely is it that we will get 11 or possibly 12 houses this year since brides and tooth fairy could possibly be making a return? Understandably a long shot but would they try and make up for the lost year IF by fall things are back to normal?

If all goes well with Florida and the recovery from the pandemic, how likely is it that we will get 11 or possibly 12 houses this year since brides and tooth fairy could possibly be making a return? Understandably a long shot but would they try and make up for the lost year IF by fall things are back to normal?

I'm gonna' say zero chance. The budget has already been set, and that's going to the replacement house for Billie and the scare zones. Keep in mind, both Brides and Tooth Fairy are still gonna' be brand new for a LOT of folks who weren't able to or didn't attend last year. Even more so with BJ since that was only one weekend.

Now when spec for 2022 rolls around, the possibility for an 11th house could be in the cards, but not this year.

Moreso than anything, I'm actually interested about the subject of shows.

Not to get into the subject too much, but now with Academy of Villians completely gone; that leaves a massive hole in the FFL theater. It makes me intensely curious to see what exactly they have in mind for that venue, as I can't see it being unused this year for a show, to get people off the streets.

Honestly, I'm kind of wondering if they'll try to do a more grander Icon show for FFL. Especially if Jack's properly back, as per how rumors were of the crew filming safety videos with Jack.
Wait is that a for sure A of V is gone forever and do we know why?

Status
Not open for further replies.