Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked at JAWS 20 years ago. They had a clowns scare zone there for a few years in a row. We shared a break area backstage. I was horrified to see what people would do the scareactors. I saw injuries to actors pretty much every single night. Just because you have a rubber clown mask on, doesn’t make a punch to the face not hurt. In talking with some of the actors, it became clear that some guests, (strangely enough, macho guys,) feel they deserve not to be startled, and their first reaction is to punch people in the face if they are.

If you cannot control yourself when you’re startled, maybe you shouldn’t go to a haunt.

If plexiglass in the houses, or stages in the scare zones, means less injuries to actors, I’m all for it.

But for God’s sake, I would’ve hoped that humans can just be kind and not hurt their fellow man.

If I was that OPS manager not only would she get banned for life, but push for charges to be filed.
No one should have to go to work everyday with a dread they may get assaulted, especially with the scare actors that have so much passion for what they do.
It’s not up to the manager. The managers don’t see what happened, so the severity of punishment is left predominantly in the victim’s hands.

Pressing charges requires a full statement given to management and OCPD. That requires the performer to be off set for an extended period of time, so it’s rare for performers to go that route.

I was assaulted by a guy who I wanted trespassed. In the middle of my next set, they pulled me off set to go talk to Security. They kept asking if I wanted to press charges, when all I wanted was to go back to my boo-hole. Turns out, the guy who assaulted me played in the NFL. And I STILL didn’t press charges.

If we get normal SZ's, would we get normal houses as well, ie. no plexiglas or pulsing ???
We can't hide forever! I'm guessing that by mid to late summer there will be increased capacity (at least 75%), little to no social distancing, masks still required (Hopefully ONLY indoors) and by 2022 back to normal.
I would think Universal would make sure all Employees Vaccinated before HHN and make them sign waivers and try to be as normal as possible.
Doesn't matter you political affiliation, if we are still locked down in 2022, after greater than 80% vaccination, it will not be pretty. By then, If you are scared, stay in your home! I'm getting the vaccine in April do to comorbidities, then finally back to Florida in June, August and October (NY sucks, especially when single digit temps).

This is one of those "doubt thing that's plug-common because *I* haven't seen it" - "wait a minute, I see it all the time" - "it happens to us in our numbers" cycles that are so prevalent. It'll pop up twice more on this forum before Halloween.
Never seen it, Not surprised it happens, Very surprised on the Frequency. Would think a lot of times it is one group of friends trying to outdo each other, drunk OR sober.

It’s not up to the manager. The managers don’t see what happened, so the severity of punishment is left predominantly in the victim’s hands.

Pressing charges requires a full statement given to management and OCPD. That requires the performer to be off set for an extended period of time, so it’s rare for performers to go that route.

I was assaulted by a guy who I wanted trespassed. In the middle of my next set, they pulled me off set to go talk to Security. They kept asking if I wanted to press charges, when all I wanted was to go back to my boo-hole. Turns out, the guy who assaulted me played in the NFL. And I STILL didn’t press charges.
What NFL team? I've seen lots of Bills players start fights in bars back in the SB years. No reason, just Tough guy Asshats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen it, Not surprised it happens, Very surprised on the Frequency. Would think a lot of times it is one group of friends trying to outdo each other, drunk OR sober.
Do you think I was describing only you there? It's a cycle that happens in everything, because for so many people, if it doesn't happen to them it either doesn't happen or it doesn't matter. Centering the self is one of the main causes of the cycle.

• Angry
Reactions: CoopF22
Do you think I was describing only you there? It's a cycle that happens in everything, because for so many people, if it doesn't happen to them it either doesn't happen or it doesn't matter. Centering the self is one of the main causes of the cycle.
WTF is your issue, I was actually agreeing, just surprised at how often it occurs! If you don't understand, read it more than once before being so offended or judgmental!

WTF is your issue, I was actually agreeing, just surprised at how often it occurs! If you don't understand, read it more than once before being so offended or judgmental!
I understood full well what you said, and I'm neither offended nor openly judging you. My question was rhetorical.

I just rewatched Puppet Theater Video and noticed there are no dates just mike mention HHN 2021 and it makes me wonder If we could be looking at an almost normal announcement season tbh. Do we even know why they dropped that video so early? I think they could announce the original houses and Brides and Beetlejuice around a normal time frame we are used to and save the other IP house announcements till closer to the event.

I just rewatched Puppet Theater Video and noticed there are no dates just mike mention HHN 2021 and it makes me wonder If we could be looking at an almost normal announcement season tbh. Do we even know why they dropped that video so early? I think they could announce the original houses and Brides and Beetlejuice around a normal time frame we are used to and save the other IP house announcements till closer to the event.
I don't think there will be an "announcement season" as such. I think it will largely drop in one or two chunks.

I understood full well what you said, and I'm neither offended nor openly judging you. My question was rhetorical.
"Centering the self is one of the main causes of the cycle"
Sounds a tad accusatory or judgmental, no? Tens of thousands of people don't see it, was not trying to be argumentative, just an observation and comment. I'm aware of the issue, just thought it was a very few times per night or week.

Reactions: CoopF22

I'm pretty shocked by all these stories from you scare actors. I've been countless times and never seen it - although it being dark and me taking in the ambiance, I'm not really focused on the other people. I feel like Universal should really be more pro-active on this since it's such a problem. Perhaps part of the reason I never noticed anything is that my antenna wasn't up. I'm thinking they should post signs around the park similar to how stores post "shoplifting" signs. Something to the effect of "The Scareactors are paid to scare and startle you. If you physically or verbally assault them for doing their jobs, you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If you are not comfortable being scared, please come to Guest Services and we will give you a full refund." Something along those lines I think would at least maybe help the situation.

In light of my previous ignorance, I want to share a great moment I had with a scareactor in October. Was at the very end of Bride, for some reason the guy with the wand stopped us right at the exit (there was nobody in front of us so I don't know why we were stopped, but whatever). I was directly in front of the final boo glass just after the big gate thingy to the right just before the exit. Well, the girl (presumably) had done her scare and everything was stopped and the end music was playing and she was just standing facing me. So she did a little dance shimmy. So I shimmied back. She did a longer move, and I reciprocated. Well, we ended up in a "dance off" to pass the time (I can't dance a lick). I was with my goddaughter (who I go with a lot), and she just slowly turned around (she was in front of me and had no idea what was going on), and the look of absolute horror and bewilderment on her face was priceless. This dance off went on for AT LEAST two minutes. Then the wand guy waved us on, I saluted the scareactor, she saluted me back, and we went on our way.

Every year I end up with one crazy, bizarre story it seems. And that was it for this past year. It was the favorite impromptu moment I've had with a scareactor since I've been going to HHN. Just thought I'd share with you the balance some of the negative stuff people have done with scareactors.

The "tin-foil hat" side of me wonders if it wasn't them testing how much of an HHN audience would be driven to log-in to Peacock, potentially for future content development.

I remember the rumors about Blum developing a Horror Nights movie, and Peacock would be a prime outlet for that. Not as much risk as trying to distribute to theaters, in case it's a bomb, and they potentially get a bunch of new subscriptions from a large dedicated fan-base.

I'm pretty shocked by all these stories from you scare actors. I've been countless times and never seen it - although it being dark and me taking in the ambiance, I'm not really focused on the other people. I feel like Universal should really be more pro-active on this since it's such a problem. Perhaps part of the reason I never noticed anything is that my antenna wasn't up. I'm thinking they should post signs around the park similar to how stores post "shoplifting" signs. Something to the effect of "The Scareactors are paid to scare and startle you. If you physically or verbally assault them for doing their jobs, you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If you are not comfortable being scared, please come to Guest Services and we will give you a full refund." Something along those lines I think would at least maybe help the situation.
I think it’s difficult to notice when a physical assault happens because it’s usually over in an instant, with the Team Member rushed backstage if they require medical attention and the situation is de-escalated as fast as possible. But even though it might happen in an instant, on the other side of the fog right in front of you, working backstage you start to learn it happens more often than anyone probably imagines. Of course, that’s just my experience, and it was quite awhile ago, before changes were made to layouts for scare zones and even alcohol made less readily available in recent years. (The nurse costume ladies with shots wandering the house queues were at their height at the time for example.)

In light of my previous ignorance, I want to share a great moment I had with a scareactor in October. Was at the very end of Bride, for some reason the guy with the wand stopped us right at the exit (there was nobody in front of us so I don't know why we were stopped, but whatever). I was directly in front of the final boo glass just after the big gate thingy to the right just before the exit. Well, the girl (presumably) had done her scare and everything was stopped and the end music was playing and she was just standing facing me. So she did a little dance shimmy. So I shimmied back. She did a longer move, and I reciprocated. Well, we ended up in a "dance off" to pass the time (I can't dance a lick). I was with my goddaughter (who I go with a lot), and she just slowly turned around (she was in front of me and had no idea what was going on), and the look of absolute horror and bewilderment on her face was priceless. This dance off went on for AT LEAST two minutes. Then the wand guy waved us on, I saluted the scareactor, she saluted me back, and we went on our way.

Every year I end up with one crazy, bizarre story it seems. And that was it for this past year. It was the favorite impromptu moment I've had with a scareactor since I've been going to HHN. Just thought I'd share with you the balance some of the negative stuff people have done with scareactors.
OMG that dance off story is amazing! What a wonderful memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.