Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fine details I can hold out on but confirmed dates sooner rather than later are the only thing I am hopeful for.
If I'm Universal, I don't announce anything - even dates - that there is a non-zero chance of having to go back on.

Reactions: SeanPhilly
Dates will likely still be “late” this year. Even with the vaccine rolling out, there’s are too many variables to rely on or expect a large percentage of non-local travelers. It’ll be another “local” year, which affords a lot more flexibility in when stuff is announced.

That said, they updated the park site to explicitly say it’s returning. So, they obviously plan on it returning in some capacity. I’d expect them to push for their traditional schedule.

Dates will likely still be “late” this year. Even with the vaccine rolling out, there’s are too many variables to rely on or expect a large percentage of non-local travelers. It’ll be another “local” year, which affords a lot more flexibility in when stuff is announced.

That said, they updated the park site to explicitly say it’s returning. So, they obviously plan on it returning in some capacity. I’d expect them to push for their traditional schedule.
I'm curious to see how quickly (or if) things sell out, if VQ will be used (I sure hope not), and if the RoF and FFP will return

Reactions: Rikku
You think we will get a announcement before summer?

Has anybody heard any rumors about a HHN History upcharge event like at XX? The $10 (I think) History of HHN / 20 Years of Fear thing was one of the highlights of the past 15+ years that my group has been going. It was so interesting and informative, and TJ was there and my group got talking to him for quite a while. Either out of the kindness of his heart, or more likely to get rid of us, he asked what our favorite house was that year and then brought us over to the house through a back way and we avoided the whole line.

With the possible availability of BMG/Barney and the rumors of Cafe LaBamba having a house early during speculation, there seems to be plenty of room to have another anniversary event like that. Have it be an upcharge (max of $20) with special drink options, have a character or two from the streets or houses, and some people from A&D or whatever to answer questions and then just all kinds of cool props and models from previous years. I think it would do great business for them as so many new people have started coming since 25 and I think would love to do it. Everything they need for it already exists and it shouldn't have much overhead at all to build/set up.

I just hope we will be in a good place in order to have Scareactor dining this year. I really wanna see what characters we would end up getting from the event, hopefully the Bride!

Reactions: TCox91

Seeing as Disney and Universal are both offering ticket deals now to get the spring break crowds in I'd bet they will try to have a full on HHN.
Being locked down in NY all this time I know everyone here is traveling the second they get their vaccines. Know lots of vaccinated teachers going to Mexico during spring break.
I have Hard rock booked for late September and early October, easy enough to change or cancel if needed. If they open people WILL travel!

Reactions: SeventyOne
Has anybody heard any rumors about a HHN History upcharge event like at XX? The $10 (I think) History of HHN / 20 Years of Fear thing was one of the highlights of the past 15+ years that my group has been going. It was so interesting and informative, and TJ was there and my group got talking to him for quite a while. Either out of the kindness of his heart, or more likely to get rid of us, he asked what our favorite house was that year and then brought us over to the house through a back way and we avoided the whole line.

With the possible availability of BMG/Barney and the rumors of Cafe LaBamba having a house early during speculation, there seems to be plenty of room to have another anniversary event like that. Have it be an upcharge (max of $20) with special drink options, have a character or two from the streets or houses, and some people from A&D or whatever to answer questions and then just all kinds of cool props and models from previous years. I think it would do great business for them as so many new people have started coming since 25 and I think would love to do it. Everything they need for it already exists and it shouldn't have much overhead at all to build/set up.
There have been no rumors about something like that.

A TLOU house or Bioshock house would be awesome, but have they ever done a video-game house?

A TLOU house or Bioshock house would be awesome, but have they ever done a video-game house?

If you scroll back through the thread, you'll see all the info you need...but the summary from my memory (which might not be 100% comprehensive):

They have done Silent Hill and Resident Evil houses, but they were based on the movies and not the games. The movies were "inspired" by the games, but didn't completely follow the scripts.

Saws & Steam was a zone and then a house that while not labeled a Bioshock house, clearly was an "homage" and is the closest thing to a videogame-based house. It even had a Big Daddy-esque caracter If you scroll back a few pages, you can see a video of it.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
They have done Silent Hill and Resident Evil houses, but they were based on the movies and not the games. The movies were "inspired" by the games, but didn't completely follow the scripts.
The Resident Evil house was based on the video games from the start, but yeah, it just kind of left a lot to be desired. Some cool big puppets, but they fell flat to many people because they were entirely eclipsed by the wolves in AWiL, and some of the other elements (the PAUSED scene, the SAVE room, and even some of the more cartoony visuals) felt...halfway committed to.

I still feel like drilling the idea of "You're in a video game" from the start into the guest's minds (either via a START menu facade, arcade machine, shrinking down, etc) would be the best way to go, but they've never really gone that route.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.