Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...or don’t appreciate. Your choice. I for one am really excited to see that they are calling it HHN30. As far as the tagline goes, it’s fine. However, We don’t know yet if the tagline is going to go along with a theme or house. Why judge it right off the bat? I dig it no matter what though. If the tagline was Pay To Get In, I’d still like it. It’s HHN! Let’s celebrate, not complain.

Thanks for allowing me to have a choice. Much appreciated.

Reactions: BBPH
Honestly, the tagline doesn’t have any real effect on the overall event. Let’s celebrate the fact we’re getting HHN this year, whether or not the tagline is stupid. The HHN taglines were never meant to be serious anyways, so let’s not take them too seriously.

Y'all... we can have discussions both positive and negatives about the event :lol: We're literally here to discuss every aspect of a Halloween event obsessively in March. Trust me. We're all celebrating that the event is happening. It doesn't mean every post has to be blind praise. I don't think anyone here thinks a tagline makes or breaks an event, but we can only discuss so much when the event is 6 months out and most of the lineup is known. We're bound to break down and discuss the tiniest of things.

Y'all... we can have discussions both positive and negatives about the event :lol: We're literally here to discuss every aspect of a Halloween event obsessively in March. Trust me. We're all celebrating that the event is happening. It doesn't mean every post has to be blind praise. I don't think anyone here thinks a tagline makes or breaks an event, but we can only discuss so much when the event is 6 months out and most of the lineup is known. We're bound to break down and discuss the tiniest of things.
Exactly. Now that we’re in agreement on that, can we also agree that this year’s tagline is very stupid, but in the best way possible? :lol:

Holy announcement season Batman, I missed a lot.

First of all, nice to see Orlando has announced their first maze, and I’m a bit jealous as Hollywood person. Nonetheless, very happy to start the weekend off with an announcement!

Second, the tag line doesn’t sound bad IMO, and plus the font of “30” is giving me this late 2000’s vibe to it, and I have no idea why?

Yeah, I can agree with that. Sorry didn’t mean to offend anybody’s opinions. Just thought I’d push positivity. But I agree with this. I take it back.

Reactions: Tbad556
I'm just happy we got a confirmation announcement, dates locked in, and the first house announced. For those of you asking, the reason why Puppet Theater is kind of ignored is that I remember Uni kind of pulling back after that video came out. So I think they never intended to actually officially announce it back when that video dropped. But obviously it's coming.

Since they just announced an IP, I would guess an original will be the next announced house (maybe after an icon announcement), which could easily be Puppet Theater.

As far as logos and tag lines go, no offense to anyone but I really DGAF. If you do, then that's cool - different strokes for different folks - everyone has the stuff they care about and it's great that it differs from mine and others. I'm just thrilled that we have positive momentum for the event - even the announcement just felt very positive, uplifting, and confident.

And I'll take 12 houses over 10 because, of the things I personally care about the most, shorter lines is always near the top of the list for me. More houses spreads out the crowds a bit, and gives me more options/choices. Plus, in theory, that will require more scareactors to be hired, which means more jobs, and more people making money which, after the last year we've all gone through, is something pretty great to see imo.

I’m not buying the 12 houses rumor. Would love to eat crow, but I don’t see Universal shelling out extra money they don’t have to spend. The event works well with 10 houses, and 9 of those houses are already built.
Yeah I definitely don’t think we will get 2 extra houses. But one might be possible. I don’t know if they reevaluate their budget based on how good Universal Orlando is standing financially now but if they did I see 1 more house as possible and it would be good for the crowds and possible capacity

Yeah I definitely don’t think we will get 2 extra houses. But one might be possible. I don’t know if they reevaluate their budget based on how good Universal Orlando is standing financially now but if they did I see 1 more house as possible and it would be good for the crowds and possible capacity

I mean, they haven’t added houses for the last few years when they’ve raked in over a million dollars a night. Why start now when they’re financially ham-stringed due to COVID?

I’m not buying the 12 houses rumor. Would love to eat crow, but I don’t see Universal shelling out extra money they don’t have to spend. The event works well with 10 houses, and 9 of those houses are already built.
Well, Comcast had over 27 Billion in revenue last quarter and recently raised their dividend by 9%, so as a whole, the company is in good shape & can afford another house or 2 if they choose to.

Just popping in as a former lurker (but I'm also on the USH threads) to give an obligatory hi, I'm here. I'm headed to USO tomorrow and upgraded my ticket to Premier just so I could have incentive to go to HHN in orlando this year on a free ticket. I've been to USH since 2015 but I've never done HHN in USO, and frankly this is only my 2nd trip to orlando period.

Having said that, I've been watching this thread (and the associated USO facebook pages as well) the last few years in hopes I'd get to go some day so I think I have a good idea about the differences between the parks, etc.

To anyone that's been to both parks for this event, throw out your "must" recommendations, since USO is so big with 2 parks. Tips, tricks etc.

Back to speculation.....I have no input. Like, the pandemic fried my brain.

Just popping in as a former lurker (but I'm also on the USH threads) to give an obligatory hi, I'm here. I'm headed to USO tomorrow and upgraded my ticket to Premier just so I could have incentive to go to HHN in orlando this year on a free ticket. I've been to USH since 2015 but I've never done HHN in USO, and frankly this is only my 2nd trip to orlando period.

Having said that, I've been watching this thread (and the associated USO facebook pages as well) the last few years in hopes I'd get to go some day so I think I have a good idea about the differences between the parks, etc.

To anyone that's been to both parks for this event, throw out your "must" recommendations, since USO is so big with 2 parks. Tips, tricks etc.

Back to speculation.....I have no input. Like, the pandemic fried my brain.
If you're talking tips for HHN in Orlando? Here's mine...

1-Get there 30 min before opening - they'll say 6:30 open, but it's really 6. So be in line at 5:30 at the latest.
2-When the rope drops, hustle to the first house (Shrek if it's a 6 pm open).
3-Do Shrek and the back of the park first. Everyone will rush to the front. Do the opposite. If you do #1 and #2, you should have 6 of the 10 houses (Shrek + 2 Parades + 2 Tents + MIB) done in the first 2 hours. It should be 8 pm by that point and you only have 4 houses left. If the lines are still relatively short (under 60 min), I'd do another house. By about 8-8:30, the crowds come fast.
4-Once the houses get long lines, this is when I start working the scarezones. It's dark by this point, so they're more active and fun. I may stop and grab some food too. At 29, I made sure to do the Lagoon Show at 9 pm and 10 pm. From around 8:30 to 11:30, I'll do everything other than houses (scarezones, rides, food, shows).
5-Between 11:30 and midnight, crowds will dissipate some. That's when I start attacking the front houses. If there's a really crowded house (like Stranger Things at 29) I'll wait until 10 minutes before close to jump in that line. You buy yourself extra time in the park that way. So if you get through the other houses quickly, you can circle back and redo the ones you really liked.

Reactions: Darko and reeseyNG
I mean, they haven’t added houses for the last few years when they’ve raked in over a million dollars a night. Why start now when they’re financially ham-stringed due to COVID?
2 extra weeks, if you keep expanding dates you need more content to get people to show up multiple times (and spend money on express/food/drinks/etc).

Reactions: shiekra38
I don't see us going through 11 to 12 houses, I think 10 houses is the best for now, there's no need to do anything else, maybe later on down the line if the park has a big chance to do it, it could be possible but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Reactions: Darko and Rikku
Status
Not open for further replies.