Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We really going to do this all season?
I think the reason people excessively talked about announcements was probably due to that pandemic my guy. People lost a lot and wanted to distract themselves with something that brought them so much joy, I probably did the same thing and I had a hard year and wanted something to distract myself with which is definitely valid and ok. If it's bothering you that much then hey it's not our problem, not trying to be rude but if you don't like what others talk about on a thread that has a TON of people on it then what are you really gonna do? Cry and kick your feet?

I said this a few pages back and I'll say it again in this context, There are a lot of worst things that could be going on in this thread than the simple question "When do you think we will get the next announcement."

My guess is April 9th.

This is perfect thank you!
What that person wrote is 100% the best game plan possible for starting at rope drop, so bookmark that page haha. The times I’ve gone in at like 4:50 for stay and scream there are already people starting to line up, so if you really only have one night, investing that time on the front end waiting at the gate can’t hurt.

Also, if you’re in the park during the day, the “stay and scream” I mentioned gets you a bit of a head start. Don’t know if they have it in Hollywood, but if you’re in Studios before 5, there are zones fenced off where they’ll scan your HHN ticket and let you just stay in the park before letting you loose around 5:40ish. If you do Springfield, you can hammer at least two out at the back of the park before the gates even open. I’ve never tried the strategy of staying in one of the zones up front to do a popular house right away, mostly because that area is usually packed.

Reactions: HHNObsession
it's plain and simple, just be patient, be glad we got dates and an announcement and a logo for this year, more will come soon, there doesn't need to be any spam on when the next announcement will come, it'll come when it gets to that point, yes it's understandable that what happened last year was a bummer and people are antsy at the thought of what this year could bring but we know we'll get something from Universal when they wanna put it out.

I think the reason people excessively talked about announcements was probably due to that pandemic my guy. People lost a lot and wanted to distract themselves with something that brought them so much joy, I probably did the same thing and I had a hard year and wanted something to distract myself with which is definitely valid and ok. If it's bothering you that much then hey it's not our problem, not trying to be rude but if you don't like what others talk about on a thread that has a TON of people on it then what are you really gonna do? Cry and kick your feet?

I said this a few pages back and I'll say it again in this context, There are a lot of worst things that could be going on in this thread than the simple question "When do you think we will get the next announcement."

My guess is April 9th.

I'm not your guy. That said, last year it got to the point that the mods had to step in. I'd like for people to smarten up on this before it gets to that point. We've had one announcement - one - and it took no time at all for the spam to start up again. A word to the wise may be sufficient, but first you have to be wise.

Hey did you not see what I said to the other guy who essentially said what you said? I’m just trying to make conversation so don’t be that way.
Hey man, he was just tryna start conversation. There’s no need for this. It’s a fine question, let’s take a dee breath. I get that we don’t want a repeat of last year but now that we know announcements are gonna happen, asking when the next one will be is a valid question. Let’s just move past it, both of you. We don’t need drama on IU this early on.
On topic though, when do we think the next announcements will be? If they’re starting announcement season this early, I think it’s reasonable to believe we may get another announcement before April, however I’m not getting my hopes too high. It’s possible they won’t really pick up announcements until Summer and this was just a one time thing to let us know the event is happening. My prediction is 2 this month, 1 in April, and then 2 or more every month after.

@RevFreako is right, we don’t need to be constantly asking when the next announcement will be within hours of getting a new announcement. In the past, this became an issue when an announcement date was guessed unprompted, if it didn’t happen the day that was expected, the result would be anger.

I know we’re all looking forward to this year’s event but please be patient, temper any and all expectations, and try to remember we’ll get more information when we get more information.

No one is demanding anything. I literally just asked that so I could start a speculative conversation.
Oh my god, all of you, we just simple and plain don’t know. You can’t start a speculative conversation like this when there’s nothing to be speculative of, just guess work. So werecat, rev, both of you calm down a bit. Let’s take in the current announcement we were able to get instead of immediately jumping onto the next one. We don’t always need to have a speculative conversation going if it’s not fruitful or if it’s pointless guessing. I think it’s a good rule of thumb for all of us to only talk when there’s something to be talked about.

What that person wrote is 100% the best game plan possible for starting at rope drop, so bookmark that page haha. The times I’ve gone in at like 4:50 for stay and scream there are already people starting to line up, so if you really only have one night, investing that time on the front end waiting at the gate can’t hurt.

Also, if you’re in the park during the day, the “stay and scream” I mentioned gets you a bit of a head start. Don’t know if they have it in Hollywood, but if you’re in Studios before 5, there are zones fenced off where they’ll scan your HHN ticket and let you just stay in the park before letting you loose around 5:40ish. If you do Springfield, you can hammer at least two out at the back of the park before the gates even open. I’ve never tried the strategy of staying in one of the zones up front to do a popular house right away, mostly because that area is usually packed.
If you do Finn's S&S you can knock out 1 in the front (previously I could do 2 before EP's were let in right away) then head to the back and easily knock out 3 since by the time you get there all of the Simpsons S&S folks are clearing out and the majority of the front gate folks are heading to the front of the park houses. I do always go in late September though, October could be much different. You don't necessarily need to be in the front of the holding pen either, most of the times I finished the first house and was held back from leaving the area until the front gate opened anyway.

I'm not your guy. That said, last year it got to the point that the mods had to step in. I'd like for people to smarten up on this before it gets to that point. We've had one announcement - one - and it took no time at all for the spam to start up again. A word to the wise may be sufficient, but first you have to be wise.
So, one person asks and you automatically assume that this is gonna cause a flame war? Why? I get what you're saying, I really do, but why can't we all be civil and not insinuate that someone isn't wise or being passive-aggressive to other people. If you really wanted to be nice about the situation then maybe you should have sent him a PM saying maybe it's not a good idea to talk about that yet, BAM, no fight, no "spam", no aggression. The fact that this is going on in a thread about a Halloween event in the middle of March is just dumb, nobody should feel they are being shot down or specifically sought after. The fact that this thread can't be more civil (this happens most of the time btw) is just some of the biggest mind-blowing stuff I have ever seen, everyone shouldn't be dog-piling replies on someone who was frowned upon because of something they said.
Except if it's that Iron Maiden kid, that's the only exception xD.

In this case, I'll let the mods take it from here. Because this has to start a dumb fight, I assume we shouldn't be talking about announcements anymore for at least a good bit so people can calm down.

So, one person asks and you automatically assume that this is gonna cause a flame war? Why? I get what you're saying, I really do, but why can't we all be civil and not insinuate that someone isn't wise or being passive-aggressive to other people. If you really wanted to be nice about the situation then maybe you should have sent him a PM saying maybe it's not a good idea to talk about that yet, BAM, no fight, no "spam", no aggression. The fact that this is going on in a thread about a Halloween event in the middle of March is just dumb, nobody should feel they are being shot down or specifically sought after. The fact that this thread can't be more civil (this happens most of the time btw) is just some of the biggest mind-blowing stuff I have ever seen, everyone shouldn't be dog-piling replies on someone who was frowned upon because of something they said.
Except if it's that Iron Maiden kid, that's the only exception xD.

In this case, I'll let the mods take it from here. Because this has to start a dumb fight, I assume we shouldn't be talking about announcements anymore for at least a good bit so people can calm down.
Drop it, guys

Reactions: Darko
Okay, we have heard that two houses were plussed, here’s what that means to me:

They actually rebuilt, added new effects, or expanded the design of the house

The way the houses were last year kind of doesn’t count. They were always neutered a bit so adding scare actors or effects that were already planned pre-pandemic to them wouldn’t be considered a plussing. It would really be just bringing them back up to where they were supposed to be before the world went crazy.

The rumor was that the two houses that were plussed were SCarey and Beetlejuice

We don’t have any walkthrough videos of SCarey, which kind of just leaves us Beetlejuice to discuss

So, what do we think was changed or added to Beetlejuice?

Okay, we have heard that two houses were plussed, here’s what that means to me:

They actually rebuilt, added new effects, or expanded the design of the house

The way the houses were last year kind of doesn’t count. They were always neutered a bit so adding scare actors or effects that were already planned pre-pandemic to them wouldn’t be considered a plussing. It would really be just bringing them back up to where they were supposed to be before the world went crazy.

The rumor was that the two houses that were plussed were SCarey and Beetlejuice

We don’t have any walkthrough videos of SCarey, which kind of just leaves us Beetlejuice to discuss

So, what do we think was changed or added to Beetlejuice?
Oh there’s a lot that they could have changed or improved with Beetlejuice. My friends and I both agree (after going through it several times) that Beetlejuice is the house with the most potential. I could probably see them changing the first room of the house and hopefully replacing mannequins with real actors by the time of this year’s event.

Oh there’s a lot that they could have changed or improved with Beetlejuice. My friends and I both agree (after going through it several times) that Beetlejuice is the house with the most potential. I could probably see them changing the first room of the house and hopefully replacing mannequins with real actors by the time of this year’s event.
Agreed. I feel like the facade is the first thing that could be changed. I also heard (and this is not confirmed) that there was a Lydia bungee scare at the end, specifically near where the final Beetlejuice scare was. In addition, I’ve heard of them possibly putting more set design into the sandworm scene.

Agreed. I feel like the facade is the first thing that could be changed. I also heard (and this is not confirmed) that there was a Lydia bungee scare at the end, specifically near where the final Beetlejuice scare was. In addition, I’ve heard of them possibly putting more set design into the sandworm scene.
Did the Bigtop BJ ever even work correctly? I couldn't find a walk through with it working right.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Status
Not open for further replies.