Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t even want to bring it up since it wasn’t even on the table last year but like why was it not? Even if the film has touchy subjects involving racism or anything they could easily just turn it into a normal slasher house.
Because it wasn’t. It could be as simple as Universal not being allowed access to the film early enough to design to it. Just because Jordan Peele worked with Universal on Us, that doesn’t mean the Nia DaCosta was interested.

Invisible Man should have been a room in Classic Monsters, and been the one from the classic movie, obvs. I think an incredibly special-effects based house could be something really special, but Ghostbusters proved that houses reliant on those kind of effects break down and lose their wonder very, very quickly. At least IMO.

I'm just strictly against them using Invisible Man for obvious reasons. Movies like Candyman where its message are an underlying theme as opposed to the main plot are okay. A movie where the main antagonist is a domestic abuser is very, very different.
I don't understand why anything is off the table? Murder is evil,, domestic abuse is evil, Saw was psychological abuse, torture and murder. Trick-r-treat had implied rape. The Shining also had domestic abuse, big time. If you are going to a Horror event you should be prepared for anything and be offended by nothing or else don't go.

I don't understand why anything is off the table? Murder is evil,, domestic abuse is evil, Saw was psychological abuse, torture and murder. Trick-r-treat had implied rape. The Shining also had domestic abuse, big time. If you are going to a Horror event you should be prepared for anything and be offended by nothing or else don't go.
wow. How do you even respond to this?

200w.gif

There is an understandable fine line in Horror, where even the creators of HHN have said in the past that they aren't willing to cross. Certain movies just don't translate well.

Saw is torture and murder (something most people can not relate to) The shining is a man losing his sanity and arguably being possessed by a hotel (something most people can not relate to) Trick r tear does have a implied rape scene and unfortunately that is something can relate to but that’s not the entire premise of the film. The invisible man is about a abusive boyfriend who goes to the extreme to gaslight his girlfriend. Thats the entire film not just a scene. That’s something a lot of people do experience unfortunately and have trauma from.

I emailed Uni about the UTH tours and got a canned “HHN is currently happening” response, so I’m not optimistic about it returning this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.