Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 353 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to take off the tinfoil conspiracy hat. Florida Covid numbers (well, whenever they saw fit to release them) have skyrocketed in the past 2 weeks. This is a reaction to that surge and the fact that the fall is typically flu season and when we spiked last year as you can see in the graph below. This is a reaction to the trends going on right now, not something they decided to do MONTHS ago and "fool us into buying tickets".

Everybody was crying they were waiting so long to sell the multinight tickets...NOW you're crying they sold them before this development?

View attachment 15073
Considering plexiglass does crap all against virus spread, it really doesn’t make any sense

I think one of the things that ticks me off most is they did this after multi-night tickets went up and when everyone had already bought them.
There's been a warning on the HHN site that Covid precautions were subject to change since it went up. You knew the possibility was there before you bought the ticket.

Your edit doesn't change anything, Maddux. Whether plexi is an actual net positive or negative safety wise, you were advised that it was a possibility, and you purchased your tickets/package with that knowledge. Your being ticked is fine and within your right, it just doesn't belong directed at anyone except the guy who bought the ticket to take the ride.

Last edited:
Am I disappointed about the news of plexiglass? Yes. Is it going to stop me from having a great time at an event that i’ve been looking forward to going to for years? Absolutely not. It honestly seems a little childish to cancel your entire trip to HHN or your FFP because of plexiglass. Having plexiglass is better than not having the event at all. It’s not ideal but it’s not the end of the world people.

Add in a the gif of Rainier Wolfcastle going down the river of radioactive waste going “the goggles they do nothing”, this is where I’m at.

I'm not gonna lie, it sounds like supreme 'first-world problem-ing' to immediately cancel your plans solely because of plexiglass to the point where, between this and the slight delay in multi-night ticket announcement, it's like some people just want a reason to not attend. It's just so weird that we talk about this event for 365 days a year and plexiglass is enough to just not go for a single night?

It's still a world class Halloween attraction with or without plexiglass. You can argue against even using plexi as it's not effective (yes, it's probably just a stupid idea at this point) but if Universal decides to use it, they decide to use it. Should Universal be mandating masks and not even allowing entry if you're not vaccinated? Absolutely. Honestly, though, given where we're still at in some ways, theme parks and massively attended events probably should still be heavily restricted.

That lies head and shoulders on the segment of the country that wants to reject science and guidance.

The way I see it is that we all know plexiglass does not help, and it’s obvious that universal would rather look safe than be safe. However, if I’m paying for a full scale HHN event, that’s what I want. Last year it was fine because it wasn’t an up charge event so having the houses be watered down was fine, this is different.

I'm definitely torn, but sent my disappointment email to guest services. It's less upsetting that plexis will be in the houses and moreso how easily avoidable this would be if they just mandated masks for everyone.

The mindset I've been going into the event with is that I'm probably going to catch covid in one of those lines. So why put plexis in the houses when we are going to be herded like cattle in the HHN mosh pits that are the music plaza lines. I'm here to see a puppet theatre not safety theatre.

Sorry with little to actually add to the conversation. Just missed the frustration train last night.

That lies head and shoulders on the segment of the country that wants to reject science and guidance.

This is also a big reason I want to cancel if plexiglass is happening. It’s pandering to those causing the surge. I don’t know why you would want a bunch of people refusing to follow best guidance practices during a pandemic attend your event. I would have paid twice as much if they set a vaccine requirement and kept anti-vaxxers out.

I was looking forward to last year’s previewed houses unleashed. If there is plexiglass can we expect any upgrades or will it be basically the same with larger crowds? I’m sure no one knows at this point but it would be disappointing if it’s basically the same.

Reactions: n i c k
I'm definitely torn, but sent my disappointment email to guest services. It's less upsetting that plexis will be in the houses and moreso how easily avoidable this would be if they just mandated masks for everyone.

The mindset I've been going into the event with is that I'm probably going to catch covid in one of those lines. So why put plexis in the houses when we are going to be herded like cattle in the HHN mosh pits that are the music plaza lines. I'm here to see a puppet theatre not safety theatre.

Sorry with little to actually add to the conversation. Just missed the frustration train last night.
yes the queues will be the problem, the scarezones.

as for the houses, what if air fans were installed to make the air flow better? more air flow less breath stagnation

Reactions: SeventyOne
The plexiglass for me hindered the scares. It gave the houses more of a museum style walkthrough then anything. There’s a big difference from a light shining on some plastic and a loud noise playing then a scare actor actually popping out from an unexpected place. I went to many haunts last year that ran with the actors wearing masks and no plexi and all was fine. I don’t understand, if this rumor is true, why they would go this route. If people want to cancel that’s their decision because they obviously feel the price of admission and the product being put out is not worth it at that point. Like most I was accepting of this last year because it was included with admission and I was taking what I could get and walking through just to see the sets and costumes, but this year especially bringing these houses back, I wanted the scares.

The plexiglass for me hindered the scares. It gave the houses more of a museum style walkthrough then anything. There’s a big difference from a light shining on some plastic and a loud noise playing then a scare actor actually popping out from an unexpected place. I went to many haunts last year that ran with the actors wearing masks and no plexi and all was fine. I don’t understand, if this rumor is true, why they would go this route. If people want to cancel that’s their decision because they obviously feel the price of admission and the product being put out is not worth it at that point. Like most I was accepting of this last year because it was included with admission and I was taking what I could get and walking through just to see the sets and costumes, but this year especially bringing these houses back, I wanted the scares.

even if the plexiglass is not used,
the actors couldnt get too close to guests, there still had to be some sort of distancing, the usual scares should probably not be possible.
(what if the plexiglass has nothing to do with people's breath but about social distancing?) to prevent guests from getting too close

I don’t mind the plexi if for only the cut down of assault on SA’s, especially after seeing how unruly air travelers have become this year, it is something I seriously worry about becoming an even bigger issue than before.

Like everything at HHN (and the world, tbh) it’s all subject to change. While I’m still holding out hope Universal will come to their senses and implement a vaccine policy for employees and at the very least an indoor mask mandate for guests, if this is the way it is then so be it. I’m angry enough on a daily basis at the preventable turn of events this virus has taken, I’m not gonna let it ruin this for me too.

the actors couldnt get too close to guests, there still had to be some sort of distancing, the usual scares should probably not be possible.
(what if the plexiglass has nothing to do with people's breath but about social distancing?) to prevent guests from getting too close
It wouldn’t have been a thing if people had gotten vaccinated. At some point, we have to get back to normal. The path was there. Now, *motions at the return of unprecedented times”

Social Distancing means nothing when people are going to be packed into queues and congalines all night.

Unfortunately if you Google “plexiglass and covid” there are many articles that state it causes more harm then good. This is the reason plexi was the first to go most places. The real way to make this happen properly and safely, is to require masks for the scare actors and guests and have the scare actors vaccinated. The plexiglass could actually create a bigger issue over the course of the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.