Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 354 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately if you Google “plexiglass and covid” there are many articles that state it causes more harm then good. This is the reason plexi was the first to go most places. The real way to make this happen properly and safely, is to require masks for the scare actors and guests and have the scare actors vaccinated. The plexiglass could actually create a bigger issue over the course of the run.
But if they required vaccines some politicians with presidential ambitions might yell at them and stupid people might say stupid things on social media. Better to engage in counter-productive theatre and help the unprecedented pandemic continue.

Y’all, we’re going to be extra strict with moderation since the mods have had to clean up this thread several times. We just don’t have the time to moderate a page every hour. I’m at work. Brian is moving into a house.

Write what you want, step away for a break, and come back and decide if that’s what you want to post.

Had really high hopes a month ago for spooky season, but watching the numbers I've been getting more and more hesitant. We're just going to do a private RIP tour.

With everything lately for me, its all about the risk vs the reward. We're vaxed, my son is too young. I can't imagine feeling comfortable to be in the crowds and getting corralled in lines and houses. I also don't feel like the value is going to be there for FFP this year. Attrition has been really bad the past few years, I can't imagine what this year is going to look like.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
It wouldn’t have been a thing if people had gotten vaccinated. At some point, we have to get back to normal. The path was there. Now, *motions at the return of unprecedented times”
Social Distancing means nothing when people are going to be packed into queues and congalines all night.
Unfortunately if you Google “plexiglass and covid” there are many articles that state it causes more harm then good. This is the reason plexi was the first to go most places. The real way to make this happen properly and safely, is to require masks for the scare actors and guests and have the scare actors vaccinated. The plexiglass could actually create a bigger issue over the course of the run.

I was just wondering what reason they have for plexiglass

uni's biggest problem with hhn before covid was guests touching actors. it's always the problem year after year.

I understand plexi doesn't work for covid, but uni still will have the problem of guests touching actors.

I go out of town for the first time in nearly two years and all hell breaks loose :lol:.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I won't go completely if plexiglass exists (especially since it's an anniversary year), but my plans of getting a FFP (potentially with express) are almost definitely gone if they implement it. I'll do opening night and bail afterward. It's just completely irresponsible on Universal's behalf and shows how hard they continue to fail their guests and TMs during this pandemic.

As for everyone calling people dramatic for wanting to cancel, please realize that last year's 3 house event with plexiglass was free with park admission. It was one thing to accept the lesser, more unsafe event when that's the case. It's much harder to accept it when you're shelling out hundreds and possibly even thousands of dollars on tickets, hotels, etc. Tickets are more expensive than ever even this year. I was already planning on hopping around between HHN, HOS, and taking my first trip to Netherworld, but this just makes it much easier to shift the money towards a more fleshed out trip to Netherworld. :shrug:

I go out of town for the first time in nearly two years and all hell breaks loose :lol:.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I won't go completely if plexiglass exists (especially since it's an anniversary year), but my plans of getting a FFP (potentially with express) are almost definitely gone if they implement it. I'll do opening night and bail afterward. It's just completely irresponsible on Universal's behalf and shows how hard they continue to fail their guests and TMs during this pandemic.

As for everyone calling people dramatic for wanting to cancel, please realize that last year's 3 house event with plexiglass was free with park admission. It was one thing to accept the lesser, more unsafe event when that's the case. It's much harder to accept it when you're shelling out hundreds and possibly even thousands of dollars on tickets, hotels, etc. Tickets are more expensive than ever even this year. I was already planning on hopping around between HHN, HOS, and taking my first trip to Netherworld, but this just makes it much easier to shift the money towards a more fleshed out trip to Netherworld. :shrug:

This totally makes sense. But, we still have several announcements (not related to plexi) that we’re waiting for. Being upset/considering cancelling if it’s confirmed is completely rational. Cancelling based on a rumor (we have two conflicting reports literally as back to back posts) is a bit extreme. This thread is often prone to jumping the gun (see 11th house rumor), and I’d hate for people to make decisions before it’s official.

Email, tweet, make your voices heard by all means.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
Remember that it's not just Universal that's involved here. You have Netflix and all the other IP holders who can ask them to implement additional safety.
This is an interesting point..Per the rumor mill Netflix did get cold feet last year.

Maybe they're worried about IP's peacing out weeks before the event

Imagine announcing Hill House only to have it not be there for the event (extreme example, but you get what I mean)

This totally makes sense. But, we still have several announcements (not related to plexi) that we’re waiting for. Being upset/considering cancelling if it’s confirmed is completely rational. Canceling based on a rumor (we have two conflicting reports literally as back to back posts) is a bit extreme. This thread is often prone to jumping the gun (see 11th house rumor), and I’d hate for people to make decisions before it’s official.

Email, tweet, make your voices heard by all means.
Oh, the thread absolutely jumps the gun in the worst of ways. However, I also wouldn't expect some big blatant announcement from Universal either quite honestly which makes it very hard for out-of-state folks to decide on when to jump the gun on potentially canceling since they can only wait so long before facing certain cancellation fees. It's a very narrow line for them to walk. For me, as a local who hasn't bought a ticket yet because there's no rush, I'll just continue to sit and wait, but I can't fault those who have hotels, tickets, flights, and more on the line for getting jittery.

This is an interesting point..Per the rumor mill Netflix did get cold feet last year.

Maybe they're worried about IP's peacing out weeks before the event

Imagine announcing Hill House only to have it not be there for the event (extreme example, but you get what I mean)
This is a really good point, do we think it’s possible that there’s only plexiglass in the big IP’s? I’m thinking hill house and Beetlejuice because of how protective Netflix and Warner Bros are of their properties

Wow, all of this is so conflicting. On one hand, I trust a lot of what Legacy says and their sources, but also, people who were actually at rehearsals (not just team members) said there was no mention of plexiglass. I’ve been so excited to go for years, especially for 30, and I’ll still go, but it’s a shame to hear the rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.