Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In Sweet Revenge I tropically see them posing but in scarecrow and graveyard I have been noticing that. The twins are kinda doing what they twins back in 27 did and just keep turning and walking together when people try to take a pic. Also people still try to take flash pictures at night in the scareactors faces and I just don't get how inconsiderate these people can be. Ops has seemed to be way more lax about dealing with that. I saw someone wall though scarecrow with their phone light on and ops just left them be... Again idk if they have a new directive this year to not be confrontational or if there are a lot of new ops and they are still figuring it out.

The zones are so very dark that yes, now that you mention it.
A lot of flashing photos. I saw people going into the boo holes in scarecrow and no one did anything.

Something I've noticed in just my experience, and hopefully y'all can share yours, but I've seen a lot more performers turn down selfies than in previous years.

Definitely noticed it this year, less selfies, less flashlights on. Did witness a guest touch a scare actor and it was quickly noticed by both other guests and the zone supervisors.

As crowded as opening weekend was, it might have been a good thing for the rest of the event for improving operations.

I only went for a few hours on Friday & Sunday night, but I have some big observations from an Ops stand point.

• Crowds are flowing for houses, but causing huge logistics elsewhere. This needs to be addressed, and I'd argue much sooner rather than later
  • Food & Bev is a MESS right now. I get it was opening weekend, but the fact that everything was so over run was really not a good look and very poor for crowds. My wife & I wanted to try a lot of different food, but pretty much skipped all of it because it was 30 minute waits for food.
  • Tribute Store also a mess right now, I've been going to HHN since 2006, Tribute Stores have been a thing for about 4 or 5 years now, first year I've ever seen a line opening night of the event to get IN the store. That's absurd
  • Weeknd house was really good, like better than anticipated good. Great job Universal.
  • Streets are great; but I feel like crowds don't flow well in Sweets because of so many factors pushing against it. I hope they really work out operational logistics
  • I didn't experience it, but I know merge points & lack of training are huge issue with a lot of the houses right now. If you're going with Express, you honestly might leave frustrated. Lots of people voicing that they bought express and still waited 40 minutes because ratios hadn't been adjusted.
  • Teenagers were everywhere on Friday night, I actually felt out numbered, so I'm not sure where you guys were but Friday at 10pm I saw typical Friday Teenage crowds.
  • Universal probably should have required management to do Xtra Shifts based off crowd levels. The amount of crowds I saw definitely warranted the call to action from Leadership.

I only went for a few hours on Friday & Sunday night, but I have some big observations from an Ops stand point.

• Crowds are flowing for houses, but causing huge logistics elsewhere. This needs to be addressed, and I'd argue much sooner rather than later
  • Food & Bev is a MESS right now. I get it was opening weekend, but the fact that everything was so over run was really not a good look and very poor for crowds. My wife & I wanted to try a lot of different food, but pretty much skipped all of it because it was 30 minute waits for food.
  • Tribute Store also a mess right now, I've been going to HHN since 2006, Tribute Stores have been a thing for about 4 or 5 years now, first year I've ever seen a line opening night of the event to get IN the store. That's absurd
  • Weeknd house was really good, like better than anticipated good. Great job Universal.
  • Streets are great; but I feel like crowds don't flow well in Sweets because of so many factors pushing against it. I hope they really work out operational logistics
  • I didn't experience it, but I know merge points & lack of training are huge issue with a lot of the houses right now. If you're going with Express, you honestly might leave frustrated. Lots of people voicing that they bought express and still waited 40 minutes because ratios hadn't been adjusted.
  • Teenagers were everywhere on Friday night, I actually felt out numbered, so I'm not sure where you guys were but Friday at 10pm I saw typical Friday Teenage crowds.
  • Universal probably should have required management to do Xtra Shifts based off crowd levels. The amount of crowds I saw definitely warranted the call to action from Leadership.

One small thing I noticed, out of the 3 bathrooms I visited, only one sink had soap ( out of the 4 or 5 sinks)
Everyone had to make line for soap. It was pretty uncomfortable.
I never thought soap would be a problem at HHN

Not to mention nearly every Freestyle machine being out of ice.

Kinda ridiculous, especially this past weekend being one of the hottest this year.

Saw lots of people down on the ground this past weekend exhausted/dehydrated.

Went to Carowinds back in June and was pleasantly surprised at how serious they were taking the summer heat with constant announcements reminding guests to drink water/relax/go indoors for a few minutes, etc.

Love what Universal/HHN teams do creatively, but UO operations are holding the resort back.

Kinda ridiculous, especially this past weekend being one of the hottest this year.

Saw lots of people down on the ground this past weekend exhausted/dehydrated.

Went to Carowinds back in June and was pleasantly surprised at how serious they were taking the summer heat with constant announcements reminding guests to drink water/relax/go indoors for a few minutes, etc.

Love what Universal/HHN teams do creatively, but UO operations are holding the resort back.

Universal is the only parks I see proactively putting out glasses of water for guests at restaurants and snack stands. So.

Universal is the only parks I see proactively putting out glasses of water for guests at restaurants and snack stands. So.
I’ve seen it at Hollywood Studios and Epcot too (though not the other two Disney parks, maybe I just haven’t noticed).

Does UO still put ice water in those little Dixie-sized plastic cups? Or do they hand them out in the larger paper soft drink cups?

I’ve seen it at Hollywood Studios and Epcot too (though not the other two Disney parks, maybe I just haven’t noticed).

Does UO still put ice water in those little Dixie-sized plastic cups? Or do they hand them out in the larger paper soft drink cups?
Really? Never seen them put out trays with water in them.
They handed out water during hagrids opening crazy lines

during horror nights you can get a free water in the little Dixie-sized plastic cups (as many times as you want around the park ) at any restaurant or food kiosk,
but you have to ask for it, and it feels like most people dont know. even when i ask for a cup and i dont pay, people in line behind me react like this :bigeye:

theyre like 8oz clear cups but need to be bigger. Wish they’d just fill water bottles again….

They do, but most guests don't know about it so they either have to find a water fountain or buy bottled water.

hear hear. free water toast :cheers:

Cf29EU3.gif

• Haha
Reactions: UNIrd
Is it just me or is that "we are the sinners, we are the saints" song played on the park loop once every 20 minutes?