Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Who'da thunk that on paper, taking 2 hours off the "free" parking would drive profits?

Makes sense, hope they still give City Walk / Movie / Club patrons "free" parking during the event.

Wait so if I’m waiting in Springfield S&S I won’t be able to grab a beer and a seat then wait before deciding what queue I’m going in? Do I have to go and line up straight away?

Wait so if I’m waiting in Springfield S&S I won’t be able to grab a beer and a seat then wait before deciding what queue I’m going in? Do I have to go and line up straight away?
Seconding this question. I only want to do S&S this year to avoid leaving the park and waiting at the gate again at opening, but I want to do rides while everyone else is running to the houses. Are they gonna herd me into a house line if I try to stay behind?

I'm the least qualified person to answer...but since I'm full of myself and nobody else will:

That holding Penn is unique since they have a "general" stay and scream and a real queue.

You should be allowed to hang out at the bar as long as you want, but once the event starts, you'll have to join the end of that line to join that house.

If you want "First Of The Night" access to a house, you'll need to get in that specific line ASAP (instead of hanging out at the bar) to get your spot.

Seconding this question. I only want to do S&S this year to avoid leaving the park and waiting at the gate again at opening, but I want to do rides while everyone else is running to the houses. Are they gonna herd me into a house line if I try to stay behind?

Last year, you had the option of either getting in a house queue or heading over to Duff/Moe's. I imagine it'll be similar this year.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but free parking is only after midnight this year
Well that’s a new money-grubbing low. I had free parking with my pass last year but noticed I rarely went before 10 and never went on Saturdays so figured I’d downgrade this year. Now it’s $27 a pop even if you have an “annual pass.”

I’m all for raising the prices of tickets to encourage a better guest experience…but hidden costs to nickel and dime the consumer aren’t really things I can get behind.

More like a way to keep the riff raff out of the parking garages. The only people who come that late are generally less than desirable guests.

I could buy this if this charge is in effect past HHN. If they revert back to after 6/8/10 whatever it is in November then we know this isn’t true.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I was messing around in the app and saw this. Is this new for this year?
EDIT: The screenshot won’t upload but there is a HHN mobile game within the app.

Well that’s a new money-grubbing low. I had free parking with my pass last year but noticed I rarely went before 10 and never went on Saturdays so figured I’d downgrade this year. Now it’s $27 a pop even if you have an “annual pass.”

I’m all for raising the prices of tickets to encourage a better guest experience…but hidden costs to nickel and dime the consumer aren’t really things I can get behind.

I could buy this if this charge is in effect past HHN. If they revert back to after 6/8/10 whatever it is in November then we know this isn’t true.

Well, HHN does bring an assortment of crowds that other times of the year doesn’t normally bring. We know lately the younger crowds seem to be causing scenes, so this can definitely be seen as a way to deter non-spending kids from just coming to “hang out”. The Parking has changed in recent years to combat other issues as well, including a rush of traffic at a certain time. In 2018, it changed from 8-10, so now as the event is even more massive, I can see why they changed it to even later (and it doesn’t hurt the bottom line either).

Also not sure what you mean by “annual pass”?

I was messing around in the app and saw this. Is this new for this year?
EDIT: The screenshot won’t upload but there is a HHN mobile game within the app.

no

Exactly what I want to know. I will be there from Sept. 7th - 19th and I hope this will be gone by then.

Edit:

Damn the week I will be there!
Who'da thunk that on paper, taking 2 hours off the "free" parking would drive profits?

Makes sense, hope they still give City Walk / Movie / Club patrons "free" parking during the event.
Higher levels of regular annual passes get free parking this year (Appreciation month for UOAP perk). Frequent fear Plus and above get free parking after 5 or 6. Think the FF+ is same as last year but the regular UOAP free parking is new this year?
1CC6994F-349F-4E9D-B07C-8E01796E2256.jpeg

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not sure if this has been mentioned but free parking is only after midnight this year
how does that even work? by the time you park and walk by citywalk, it will be 12:30 or more by the time you enter. so youll get one hour per night to do a house? ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Speed
Higher levels of regular annual passes get free parking this year (Appreciation month for UOAP perk). Frequent fear Plus and above get free parking after 5 or 6. Think the FF+ is same as last year but the regular UOAP free parking is new this year?

Frequent fear PLUS WILL NOT get free parking before 12:00 . i just talked to universal rep.
only Ultimate ffp.

Last edited:
Any information about parking after 8pm? I think it was 5$ after 8pm on HHN nights in the past? (at least around HHN25 or 26)

Opening weekend is officially sold out.

It also looks like they may have paused sales on FFP temporarily for the weekend like last year. This message seems to display when people try to purchase one since the sell out was announced:

"This item is not currently available. Please try a different selection."