Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think so, I think they're pretty content with the main two they have. Though there is a chance they could have the Hello Kitty location open for access to Spirits of the Coven. (I have no idea if they've been having the HK one for the past several years since there hasn't been a house in that location for a while.)

While I agree they worked well last year, doesn't character dining in Louie's potentially throw a wrench in those plans? I would think the restaurant most be roped off somewhat, cutting into the available NY space.

No reason to expect it, but fingers crossed they bring Diagon back, best S&S ever. Would work well for HoB as well.

Reactions: Clive
Labor Day + 25% cheaper tickets than Fri/Sat. With tourism significantly up from last year, we might have a Weds/Thurs sellout at some point given they were often the most crowded days last year.

Yah. That fallacy of Wed/Thurs are significantly slower than the other nights is quickly going away. Wednesdays still seem to be pretty good most weeks, but I've seen some really crowded Thursday nights.

Yah. That fallacy of Wed/Thurs are significantly slower than the other nights is quickly going away. Wednesdays still seem to be pretty good most weeks, but I've seen some really crowded Thursday nights.
Last year I did a Wednesday in Mid-October and the Friday of the last weekend. I have never seen a night as crowded as that Wednesday in my 8 years going to the event; I couldn't do every house and both shows even with Stay & Scream.

Can you elaborate on this? I've never seen a scareactor be hit/touched/etc but I understand it does happen. How are they protecting them without putting them behind glass?
I don't know for sure, but I imagine it's just technical stuff like better monitoring of the mazes via camera and maybe some kind of E stop alert trigger if emergencies or assaults arise, pretty standard stuff for Hollywood but I've heard Orlando doesn't really have that, leading to a lot of guest infractions going unpunished.

Reactions: krisjane22
Can you elaborate on this? I've never seen a scareactor be hit/touched/etc but I understand it does happen. How are they protecting them without putting them behind glass?

When TMs have access matters a lot too. Those early week days get crowded from TMs. TMs and Frequent Fear black outs then make some early Fridays and Saturdays pretty quiet.

Im trying to explain to someone who has never been the amount of walking-so stupid question but is there a map with both the house marked and actual buildings they are in? The spec maps show queue entrances and I think newcomers think that’s close to house entrances! I’ve tried doing a search but all I get are either separate shots of soundstages etc or spec maps

I figured After Hours Nightmare wasn't gonna' be on the tours, and even if it was, it would probably be like Haunting of Hill House where you could only take photos right at the entrance and that's it.

Definitely digging that 3-hour tour line up, though I could be tempted in doing the 6-house tour as well due to Legends Collide, Bugs, DoD and Dead Man's Pier. EDIT- Course when I say that the 6-house tour is sold out on all the dates I'm going. Thankfully there were still several spots open for a 3-house tour, so I snatched one of those up.

Last edited:
Moreso stating that we can expect to see Stay and Scream in SF... and probably elsewhere too. They definitely need to fix the sardine style holding areas they have been sporting the past couple of years. They did Today Cafe last year so can probably expect one there too. I would say SF, NY, Today, Duff, and probably a fifth somewhere. Hoping too that they have expanded food options and availability during S&S.

Reactions: DannyPowers
God I wish I could get a refund on the 6 house tour and just get the 3 house tour. I wanted Halloween the most and honestly none of the houses on the 6 house tour interest me that much.