Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not to be insensitive but if my company closes we don’t get paid unless we use personal time.
My bad actually I can see where that would suck … completely different times.
It’s notable because when Universal closes, if you have a scheduled shift, they pay TMs if the park is closed. For example, I know people who didn’t work the last three days due to park closure and got paid.

Granted, I admit Universal is generous to do that as they don’t have to.

Reactions: Alsands and Darko
This is a surreal experience. I’ve never been to HHN this empty. The houses are like 65-75% staffed and the scare zones are mostly empty, but this is easily the most fun I’ve had at the event in years. I’m not stressed at all. We’ve been here for a little over two hours, have been taking our time and already got through 5 houses (Weeknd, Monsters, Descendants, Bugs, Blumhouse).

If you are local and can make your way over with a pass tonight, I highly recommend you do.

This is a surreal experience. I’ve never been to HHN this empty. The houses are like 65-75% staffed and the scare zones are mostly empty, but this is easily the most fun I’ve had at the event in years. I’m not stressed at all. We’ve been here for a little over two hours, have been taking our time and already got through 5 houses (Weeknd, Monsters, Descendants, Bugs, Blumhouse).

If you are local and can make your way over with a pass tonight, I highly recommend you do.

Are they staying open until 2am tonight? We are just about done boarding my flight from Atlanta and I’m hoping to get in the park around 11.

hope it last, BUT, hasn't it been like that every night until around 9 PM? I'm really not sure but the one night I got there before sundown, it was much much slower than what it was at 9 PM ;-)

hope it last, BUT, hasn't it been like that every night until around 9 PM? I'm really not sure but the one night I got there before sundown, it was much much slower than what it was at 9 PM ;-)

Thats fair - but I came at rope drop a couple weekends ago, and got 7 houses done all night leaving at 1:30. I know they let us in over an hour early but it’s a noticeable difference in crowd level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Drackman

The houses are only staffed that high because they pulled almost everyone from the street, too.

I imagine most Scareactors are loving this though and going hard in the houses.

We went tonight as well. It was truly dead until about 7:30. At 6ish the Weeknd and Universal Monsters houses were walkons. Even after that it wasn't bad at all. The weather was nice, the TMs all seemed to be having fun. The only bummer was some of the food booths being (understandably) closed.

Can confirm we did all 10 houses, Gringotts, Transformers and stopped for a drink - finished by 10:15

was just asking b4, thanks for the heads up. We had been thinking about going and finally did. We tend to get two houses a night (we are pathetic, but it is what it is) anyway, we did five tonight between 9:30 and 12:30. Was a fun night, glad we ended up going!

Reactions: HalfGlass
I got to the park at 11pm and got 15 house runs in until park close at 2am. Most of my Express uses saved literally no time. It was a wonderful night. I don’t know what crowds will look like tomorrow night, but I think Sunday could be interesting. The Bucs play the Chiefs on Sunday Night Football and last year I noticed that crowds were way lower on the Sunday of my trip and the Bucs played on SNF that night too. I could be reading too much into that, but it was the only thing I could think of to explain the huge dip in crowds that night.

The same exact thing happened in 2016 when they added a day ( can't remember what day)
Everything you described it was the same on that day back in 2016. Yeah. It was really weird but cool. Zero lines. Park empty. You were describing what I experienced back then.

Reactions: Darko and HalfGlass