Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeknd adds some texture to the event, even if it’s not your cup of tea at least it’s something different.

Before Home for the Holidays, I'm sure fans would have bristled at the idea of a jokey "dark comedy" house. Before AWiL, the event hadn't really attempted a "book report" of a classic horror movie. Both house genres are now generally expected every year. HHN is always reinventing what a haunted house can be. Maybe this works like Dead Exposure, maybe it fails like Cold Blind Terror, but at least it's an attempt at something new and different, not another Mad Libs of [insert monster archetype] in [insert random spooky location].

Before Home for the Holidays, I'm sure fans would have bristled at the idea of a jokey "dark comedy" house. Before AWiL, the event hadn't really attempted a "book report" of a classic horror movie. Both house genres are now generally expected every year. HHN is always reinventing what a haunted house can be. Maybe this works like Dead Exposure, maybe it fails like Cold Blind Terror, but at least it's an attempt at something new and different, not another Mad Libs of [insert monster archetype] in [insert random spooky location].

Doesnt NOES Dreamwalkers, Saw 2009, and the Wolfman technically count as book report houses (sort of)?

Doesnt NOES Dreamwalkers, Saw 2009, and the Wolfman technically count as book report houses (sort of)?

For book report houses, you pretty much have to follow a film as close as you possibly can. Dreamwalkers was an original take (You went through a Sleep Well clinic/tent which ended up sending you to Elm Street.) which featured elements of several films, Saw really didn't follow any of the films, but had a collection of traps from multiple ones.

As for the Wolfman, that one's a little trickier since the house came out months before the movie actually released. Everyone was in the dark before they went through the house.

I think a lot of the people bristling at the idea (mainly the HHN FB group) are expecting a house with Blinding Lights playing on loop with Abel scare actors jumping out - and it's just not going to be that.

For book report houses, you pretty much have to follow a film as close as you possibly can. Dreamwalkers was an original take (You went through a Sleep Well clinic/tent which ended up sending you to Elm Street.) which featured elements of several films, Saw really didn't follow any of the films, but had a collection of traps from multiple ones.

As for the Wolfman, that one's a little trickier since the house came out months before the movie actually released. Everyone was in the dark before they went through the house.

Texas Chainsaw in 2007 was an interpretation too. BUT Doomsday in 2008 (underrated) was a "Book Report" imo.

People dogged on it at the time, but I’d love to have 2007 Movie houses back. Original stories from awesome films. Yeah…

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne

This, really liked Dreamwalkers, but it wasn't the iconic kills. As for Wolfman and Doomsday, those were current Universal films (or were supposed to be), not a half-forgotten cult classic. When AWiL was initially announced, even a lot of super-fans had to go back and watch it,.

People dogged on it at the time, but I’d love to have 2007 Movie houses back. Original stories from awesome films. Yeah…

I liked them, but something to be said for carefeully recreating the details of a film. My point is ideally we'd have both. HHN works best with a variety of different house types.

Murdy never did that quote that he always posts before an announcement so I definitely don’t think one is coming for Hollywood and since Weeknd is both coasts, I don’t think that’ll be announced today for us. I’d be surprised if we got anything original before that but who knows I guess. Just the rest of the tickets would be great without anything else, but yeah I’m not getting my hopes up really either. At least we got the scarezone construction really starting, that’s something and super exciting to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.